+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt even know this thread existed
    I am 12 weeks preg and I am assuming I am about 155kg
    its making me really depressed
    I was at the gym and loosing weight but fell preg (isnt that the way) but thats the reason I was at the gym so It was def wanted

Now to not gain too much
    Im thinking water arobics, has anyone tried this

2plusbaby is offline <------ "Jellybean" at 12wks 5days
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I'm not alone!!!

I was 155kgs before falling pregnant. I was 153kg when I went to the doctor to confirm at 6 wks. Because of my BMI I have been told I am unable to deliver locally and I am required to drive 500kms to Newcastle... I have been twice now and am finding the costs (finacially, emotional, physically, mentally? overwhelming. I was suppose to have an appointment there on Monday but I cancelled... Now they want to see me next Monday and have me stay nearby till I deliver... I asked if I could just see the widwifes here but they want to see me there... I was there 2 weeks ago and I waitied around the hospital for 6hrs for 2 20min appointments... This is not fun at the best of times but I also have to have the kids with me as there is no one to care for them!! I have jumped through all the hoops, I have done all the tests several times over and paid for all the scans etc... and everything is perfect. No high blood pressure, no glucose or GD, Jellybeans growth is perfect to the day in scans, I havent gained any weight AT ALL!! (Infact at my 37wk check yesterday I weight 148kgs...) however they still want me to travel AM I being unreasonable?? I am having a baby not heart surgury Being an otherwise healthy fat person does not mean I cant have a normal birth. Its so hard and stressful affording to travel and staying in motels etc and they want me to sit in Newcastle as of next week till I deliver... OMG are they serious?? They costs so much $$, the kids would have to be our of school, and it would be overly stressful!!! Grrr Sorry little vent there!!

So in short when I found out I was pregnant I weighed in at 153kgs, now at 37 weeks I weigh 148kgs, Only 5kgs I know but I am really proud that I havent gained anything!!! My trick?? Eat lots of little bits... (I know you have prob heard it before, I had) I worked right up till last Friday too. I didnt ever use the excuse, I'm eating for 2 or baby is having a growth spurt, or I'm pregant/craving it so I must need it... I was realistic with myself. I didnt eat more, just more often. I had milk drinks (skim milk) when I was starting to feel hungry but knew it wasnt a meal time etc. It helped alot!!

Good Luck with your pregnancies ladies and I look forward to hearing about your journeys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    my trick was simply eating more than once a day :embarrassed:
    lol yes widget that was also my previous issue! I found with MS I had to eat or it was worst, it helped get me into the habit of eating more than once (which would usually have been something quick and prob unhealthy as I was starving by the time I remembered to eat!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kellijh View Post
    Hi Girls!

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions:

1. Did anyone else here have Clomid to get their BFP?
    I was told they would not consider it till I lost weight... was 155kgs.

2. I've had a m/c in may - has anyone else here unfortunately experienced a m/c and gone on to a successfull pregnancy? [/QUOTE]

I had 2 early m/c (1 at 6wk, 1 at 8.5wks) and am now 37wk preg

3. What have your Dr's/FS' said to you about being overweight and the chances of your pg being sticky?[/QUOTE]

My OB was great, he said providing I look after myself and try to gain as little weight as possible my chances of a sticky bub are the same as anyone elses!! However I do have to deliver 500kms away in a city hospital due to my weight Its an expensive process having to travel/find accomadation etc and the stress isnt nice either!

Wishing you the best for your pregnancy and lots of in hoping your bub stays sticky

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been a while... I haven't been in here for ages! So to update... Bub was born 28/4, healthy no medical issues like his sisters... I'd lost 5kgs of my own weight (after he came out I was 5kg under pre-preg weight).

He's a great bub! 4 months this Sunday

But... I got a surprise on Friday night...

OMG! #4 is coming, due same time DS was! 12 months gap

Starting weight is the same as it was with DS...
    Wow Congrats!! Wishing you and your growing bub the best Widget! How exciting... and scary! (The thought is for me anyway!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KBaby View Post
    I didnt even know this thread existed
    I am 12 weeks preg and I am assuming I am about 155kg
    its making me really depressed
    I was at the gym and loosing weight but fell preg (isnt that the way) but thats the reason I was at the gym so It was def wanted

Now to not gain too much
    Im thinking water arobics, has anyone tried this
    I was the same as you when I feel pregnant with my daughter. She's now 3 weeks. I stayed the same weight from start to finish when I was pregnant. I ate really well - key is eat small amounts and often, and then I would do walking etc. I wanted to do water therapies, but just didn't get around to it.

You will struggle towards the end as it's physically hard to move around, but just remember that your body is working harder than normal anyway, so anything helps - ie doing 1 load of washing is like a marathon! But you can with good eating etc keep your weight gain to a minimum - ie just cause your pregnant doesn't mean you will put on 30kgs you then have to loose afterwards. You do need to work closely with your OB etc to monitor the bubs growth. I also saw a dietician.

Don't be to hard on yourself though. The biggest thing is that the baby is growing well. I was told a normal gain would be around 12-15kg - as that will all be bubba and all the other bits. It's amazing how much fluid you retain.

Take care of yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Glad to hear your all well! I'm just having a freak out about my results! They have been as follows:

16/08/11 - HCG 94 & 40.5 PROG
    18/08/11 - HCG 309 & 47 PROG
    23/08/11 - HCG 2593, Est 2.6 and Prog 44
    25/08/11 - HCG 4500, Est 2.4 and Prog 40.6

I'm just so worried that the HCG hasnt doubled like i thought it was supposed too. That and my Estrogen and Prog have dropped a little. My FS tells me that the HCG increase is great even though it hasnt doubled and that my Est and Prog levels will fluctuate.

Am just wondering what you guys think of these levels?

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Can I join in here please. I got my BFP on tuesday. I am currently 90 kgs. My pre preg weight would have been around 96kgs. This is my 6 th baby. For four of my bub's I was over 150kg (well one i was 178) and with my first I started in 80's and finished in the high 120's, so I always have been overweight with my pregnancy's. This time I want to stay under 100 kgs if i can. I have worked too dam hard to go back into 100's.
    I am waitting on my bloods, Hopefully I will get a call today or tomorrow with them. I never had the numbers before so that will be exciting.
    I will go back and read this thread some more now.
    loving5 soon to be 6

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's been a while... I haven't been in here for ages! So to update... Bub was born 28/4, healthy no medical issues like his sisters... I'd lost 5kgs of my own weight (after he came out I was 5kg under pre-preg weight).

He's a great bub! 4 months this Sunday

But... I got a surprise on Friday night...

OMG! #4 is coming, due same time DS was! 12 months gap

Starting weight is the same as it was with DS...
    Oi, woman! Where was my excited phone call! (only teasing, but you know me well enough to know that!)

Congratulations my beautiful friend You bake gorgeous kids - it's no wonder the world needs another!

Guess I should introduce myself ... I'm Ky, 41, 18 weeks pregnant and definitely overweight! I started this "very much a surprise" pregnancy at my highest weight in years at 116kg. I'm ony 160cm so my BMI is not a pretty number at all

I live in Perth so am under the care of the high risk clinic at KEMH and will be having my 4th caesar at around 37 weeks. So far, apart from nausea and tiredness (which have both pretty much ended) everything is going well. I'm a type 1 diabetic and have had high blood pressure since my precious Ruby was born, went through her heart surgeries and subsequently passed away. The diabetes and blood pressure are well controlled (bp was 130/62 last check) but I still get lectured every time I see the clinic.

Now they're harrassing me by email! I get weekly reminders to not gain any weight (which I haven't) and to send them my blood sugar and insulin levels so that they "can adjust them" for me. I have been adjusting my own insulin for the past 5 years after extensive training by my endocrinologist back in NSW (had GD with insulin every pregnancy before becoming type 1) and I find it insulting that they think my brain no longer works now I'm pregnant!

Anyway, I have two older children who are 10yo and 8yo. I homeschool my 8yo so he has got away with murder through the first trimester when all I wanted to do was sleep! He's paying for it now - lol.

Talking about the boy - he seems to have left his desk so play with lego ... must go and refocus him.

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're both pretty good at this "pregnant together" thing, eh!

No foetal echo yet ... have my anomoly scan next wedensday and will harrass them to book me in some time in the couple of weeks after that. I forgot completely to nag them last time so it didn't get booked. I'm pretty confident this one will be heart healthy as I haven't been unwell at all and my blood sugars have been under fantastic control for the last couple of years. Even if we have to go through what we did with Ruby with this one, I won't regret it - those few days we had with Ruby were amazing and she was worth every tear that fell. The far reaching consequences of her life are still happening now.

Seeing as I managed to keep Ruby to a reasonable 9lb8oz, I think I might be able to keep this one a bit smaller too. Hopefully we won't go anywhere near the size Daniel was (13lb 2oz at 36 weeks for those who don't know us) - he was just an absolute freak of nature! You're right, you wouldn't think he was a massive baby now - he's a skinny, average height little boy ... not a roll in sight!

I'm so big already! Our family "car" at the moment is a 4 ½ tonne truck and although it is a pain getting in and out of it, I'm getting used to having to fit it into small parking spaces etc without hitting other vehicles (well, at least I haven't yet!). I went out in it last Saturday to grab a couple of groceries and had no problem fitting behind the wheel. Wednesday night, I tried to jump in like I normally do and had to squeeze myself in between the steering wheel and the back of the seat! I must have popped out this week big time as the steering wheel rubs on my belly - yikes! I guess poor DH is going to be dragged out to drive me places soon ...

I'll have to go shopping soon ... my one pair of maternity pants is uncomfortably tight and my one pair of trackpants is so old that there are thin patches in the rear which are a bit embarrassing. Unfortunately, although I live in the Rockingham region of WA, I personally will not go out in public in my pyjamas.

Give your kids a squeeze from me, V xx