+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by interstellarburst View Post
    Hi All,

It's been quite a while since I was last on the forum, things have been crazy busy! I hope you're all doing well! I am 20wks + 3 days with my first pregnancy and went to have my mid-term ultrasound 2 weeks ago (which I thought was a bit early, and so did the sonographer). We were thrilled to find out that we're having a boy! The sonographer was great although she did push very hard and I ended up having bruising and was quite sore for a couple of days after, has anyone else experienced this? I have to go back in a weeks time as she couldn't quite get good measurements of the legs, feet and fingers as the resolution wasn't so great - she queried clubfeet, but wasn't sure as could have been the way bubba was positioned. Has anyone had any experience with club foot? I'm not too worried as is completely treatable, however just wanted to know if anyone had any info?

I still struggle day to day with not being able to visibly notice my baby bump, although I sure can feel him! I think I started to feel movement about a month ago, although it's not really regular yet. I am really big (140kgs) and was wondering if you ladies who have had babies before could advise when you started feeling kicks and if your partners were able to feel them at all?

On the upside I had my 20wk OB appointment last Friday which I was very nervous about given my size and the doctor made no mention of it whatsoever, told me not to worry about the queried clubfeet and to enjoy my pregnancy. I was so elated after that visit as was the first time my partner and I heard his heartbeat!

Anyway, I have a tendency to blab on. Hope you're all doing wonderfully and enjoying this amazing time! Thanks for letting me share!

Hi there

I'm the same size as you and this one is my 3rd. I only felt movement a week ago and I'm 22 weeks today. DH hasn't really been able to feel movement till about 26/27 weeks but its worth the wait

I also hear you about not looking pregnant. I see all these gorgus bumps and I catch myself saying 'I wish'. But in the end we all have beautiful babies.

No advice on the club feet, sorry.

Best of luck with your pregnancy oh and a big on having a boy. We are too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WTK View Post
    Hi there

I'm the same size as you and this one is my 3rd. I only felt movement a week ago and I'm 22 weeks today. DH hasn't really been able to feel movement till about 26/27 weeks but its worth the wait

I also hear you about not looking pregnant. I see all these gorgus bumps and I catch myself saying 'I wish'. But in the end we all have beautiful babies.

No advice on the club feet, sorry.

Best of luck with your pregnancy oh and a big on having a boy. We are too
    Thanks for your reply WTK, it's so great to hear positive info from people who have had similar experiences! I can't wait for my partner to feel him kicking! Good luck with your pregnancy too, when are you due? and yes definite for boys! Although a girl would be just as amazing I'm sure. I just feel incredibly lucky to be on this journey in the first place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    EDD is 17th Feb but due to me and my oligohydramnios he'll no doubt be here end of Jan. Just what I need fully pregnant, overweight and the middle of a Melbourne summer! YUK!! Thank the air con gods I say

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ultrasound

Hi everyone,

just thought i'd check in to see how everyone is going. It's been quiet on the board so I hope you're all doing well!

We're off for an ultrasound today to confirm or disregard the query of clubfoot. I'm feeling a little nervous and scared about it! And then feeling a bit irrational about feeling nervous - these crazy hormones, honestly, sometimes i don't know whether i'm laughing or crying.. or both.. Does everyone experience this?? Hoping that the sonographer is as pleasant as the last! and keeping for a positive outcome.

How is everyone else feeling? Anyone else due in Feb??

Best wishes and sending to you all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by interstellarburst View Post
    Hi everyone,

just thought i'd check in to see how everyone is going. It's been quiet on the board so I hope you're all doing well!

We're off for an ultrasound today to confirm or disregard the query of clubfoot. I'm feeling a little nervous and scared about it! And then feeling a bit irrational about feeling nervous - these crazy hormones, honestly, sometimes i don't know whether i'm laughing or crying.. or both.. Does everyone experience this?? Hoping that the sonographer is as pleasant as the last! and keeping for a positive outcome.

How is everyone else feeling? Anyone else due in Feb??

Best wishes and sending to you all x

Hope your scan goes well
    Im also Due Feb, Feb 3rd with my first.
    I have also been very emotional, sometimes i just feel the need to cry... weird.. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Let us know how your scan goes interstellar

I had an OB appointment at the hospital today and my blood pressure was up (160/80) first time its ever been up. I have to go into the hospital for a day stay tomorrow so they can monitor it. Trying not to stress about it though. Just going to take my book with me and enjoy the day off work lol

Really hoping its normal tomorrow though, I am feeling enough like the hospital is my second home. lol.

I'm due 25th January.. so I'm not much further along than you girls due in feb

Hope everyone is well.

Karen

PS. I certainly have been emotional as well. I had to go home from work one day cause I couldn't stop crying.. Over nothing.. embarrassing.. lol
    Last edited by kazam; 18-10-2010 at 17:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interstellaburst how did your scan go?

Kazam that's no good about your BP, I wouldn't think a reading of that would warrant a hospital stay? But better to be safe, you must have a great team/Ob looking after you

Widget I cried last week because I forgot to turn the washing machine on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

thanks for all your good wishes!

What a day yesterday was! We didn't end up having the scan after all. Our appointment was booked for 4pm, we got there 15mins early, then waited for over an hour, only to get into the room, have the gel put on me and then they made an announcement over the p.a. that the electricity was getting shut off in one minute! So we had to leave and get rebooked for another scan. I was so frustrated but the sonographer was really apologetic and I could see that he felt really bad about it. I think he expected me to blow up at him or kick him in the shins! I didn't though, I waited til we got outside and burst into tears - and boy did i feel ridiculous. My frustration has passed though and I guess it's just another lesson in patience, which I'm sure can only be a good thing becoming a parent.

Kazam - good luck with your hospital stay and enjoy the book and day off work!

Hope everyone else is doing well and has as much beautiful sunshine surrounding them as I do! Honestly, the weather is just gorgeous! I wish it would stay this temperature for the next 6 months! Not looking forward to being heavily pregnant over summer that's for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shaz77...I have never in my life been more disgusted in the way you were treated. Report her! And as someone in medicine SHE should know better.

And no you should not starve yourself...that would be horrible and end up being worse for your baby. I myself lost weight when I was pregnant with my last ...but in the first 3 months I gained a huge 15kgs! But as my baby grew (and boy did he ever!) I couldn't eat as much and started to loose weight unintentionally. I ended up loosing the weight I had gained and then another 5kgs or so. My dog loved that I couldn't even finish a sandwich and every meal he would sit at my feet with those huge brown eyes waiting for when I would give up trying to eat it all and throw it to him!!! But in no way did I starve.

And even though I am big I never had any problems with my last pregnancy and this one seems about the same. Though my son was so big ( a whopping 10 pound 3 ounces!) they made me have that glucose test thing to check for diabetes but I was fine. I also know a girl on the other end of the scale she was so small and skinny they thought she was starving her baby and one of the people at work commented on her being so small at 8 months they rudely said her baby would come out deformed! I was horrified when I heard that. She has given birth and her and her baby are perfectly healthy!

So you see nothing to worry about and that rude cow can go and shove her pathetic advice where the sun don't shine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your support girls - Caszie your comments made me smile! DS was 10lb 4oz, and DD was 9lb 2oz but my SIL who is an annoying size 6 (50kg and 178cm) also had a 9lb 2oz DD and 9lb 12oz DS so I don't think weight has as much to do with it as genetics!!