+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Borealis, that's very helpful! I'm only 21, and Husboy is 30, so fingers crossed youth is on my side!
    I've also been reading about some horrible doctors that bigger girls have encountered - am very worried about that!

Congrats on your bubba, that's fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Gorgeous Ladies,
    Please may I join your group? I am around 6 or 7 weeks pg, I will know for sure how far along on Saturday after my scan.
    This is my 2nd bub, I have a 2 year old boy also. I put on 26kg with my first, then straight after birth lost around 13kg. But over the next 6 or so months I ended up putting on another 6 - 10 kg, which has now crept up to the exact same weight I was the day I went in to hospital to give birth. So I am still around 25-26kg heavier than I was before falling pg the first time.
    I had lost a couple of kg before I got my BFP, and am now around 92kg.
    I cant really afford to put on too much weight, so am quite worried about how much I will put on this time.
    It's so hard finding clothes even now, I dread having to find clothes as I grow bigger. I also am worried I will not be able to hide it from work for too long, as I already am showing quite a bit and it still so early.
    I look forward to sharing my progress with you and to learn from all your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's great to see some more ladies posting on this thread. Tey, welcome & congrats on you pg, I know what you mean about finding clothes, I have never been a dress person but I've just added two to my wardrobe, I'm 30 weeks and starting to even find my maternity pants uncomfortable, the style with the wide elastic in the front on them just don't suit my shape, they are WAY uncomfortable!

Alylala, welcome as well to and best of luck with your TTC.

Ashley

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have any other ladies had slow climbing HCG levels?

Does anyone know of any one who doesn't/didn't double HCG levels every 48hours, yet have gone on to have a healthy baby? Sac measuring 4.5mm....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY View Post
    Have any other ladies had slow climbing HCG levels?

Does anyone know of any one who doesn't/didn't double HCG levels every 48hours, yet have gone on to have a healthy baby? Sac measuring 4.5mm....
    Beautifulbutterfly to be honest I havent even got my bloods back from my doctor yet, so I dont know. I dont remember this being an issue last pg, I didnt check them at all?
    I hope all is well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Control your weight durin pregnancy

It is vital to control your health and do regular exercises during and after pregnancy, you will have a relax labour and get back to shape easily in that case.
    Yoga is recommended.
    Here is a useful resource if you like:

http://pregnancy-and-exercise.com/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I posted in this thread when I initially got preg but havne't posted since, I too am very overweight and preg with #2, I didn't really have any issues with #1, but am finding that I am always whinging to my aug due group about medical stuff to do with being overweight, so thought I may join this thread so I can share with others going through the same thing.

For bub #1 I had lost alot of weight beforehand but started preg at 100kg and eneded at 130kg, it is funny as I really had no one comment on my weight during the first preg, this time I start at 135 and have so far stayed around that size but I am so sick of the medical people telling me about how high risk I am because of my size, as effectively I am not that much bigger than I was with my due date with my first.. anyway I feel a bit more like I am being treated from a risk management point of view rather than being listened too..
    anway enough of that....

borealis- I just thought I would pass onto you that I was lucky enough to fall preg first time after losing alot of weight, but we hadn't tried before I lost the weight.. I was really active and lost it with ww over a few years, but this time again fell preg when we least expected it and while being around 135kg, we weren't trying and we weren't not trying, but it happened and we are thrilled.. but just thought I would post that to let you know that it does happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey mooray

Yes it sure does! Can't believe I'm 19 weeks preg!! I've been between 130-132 the whole pregnancy do far so trying not to put anymore on although must say I'm not TRYING, I'm just not gaining. Yay!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, Can I join in?

This is my third pregnancy. With DD I started out at 99kg and was 120kg at delivery and with DS I started out at 110kg and was 125kg at delivery.

This time around I have avoided weighing myself but predict I am probably about 110kg at the moment. I am hoping to be a little more sensible this time around and try not to put on weight! With both of my previous pregnancies I have used being pg as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and be a couch potato! This time around I plan to do some gentle exercise each day (1/2 walk etc) and try to eat food that is nutritious, not stuff that just tastes nice!!!

Just a question, where do you bigger girls get maternity clothing????? I am usually about a size 22 and have stuggled with all my pg to find plus size maternity wear...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
    Just a question, where do you bigger girls get maternity clothing????? I am usually about a size 22 and have stuggled with all my pg to find plus size maternity wear...
    Hi - i have personally found this a little bit of a struggle. I am now 27 weeks - I have survived up until now with a belly belt to extend my normal pants, and a band to go over the top to help smooth it out - as it tended to look a little "lumpy". I got these from Kmart.

However - I am now streching the friendship with my normal pants and need to start wear proper maternity pants.

I have bought a few things online from JCPenny in the US. They do post to Australia, and I have found, especially with the strong Australian dollar, they are a heap cheaper than Australian Plus Size maternity stores. The clothes they carry are quite stylish and they have a plus size maternity section going to a 4XL - size 24-26. I had some great hits with all the tops I bought, and jeans.

I had 2 slight fails with a pair of yoga pants, that sit under your belly - these just make me feel really fat rather than pregnant as they just seem to sit underneath and prop my stomach fat up (sorry if TMI) - would much prefer ones that go over my belly, and I also bought a par of black pants for work, these fit great, however i thought I selected the boot leg ones but musn't have - as they are a slim leg, and at a size 24 and 27 weeks pregnant wearing slim leg pants just doesn't look good. I will just have these for around the house I think.

Aside from that it's all be good quality clothes at reasonable prices - shirts were $20 - $30, and pants were $30 - $50 i think. I found the sites in australia were at least $70 for pants, and around $40-50 for shirts, some even more. I also went into Kmart, and bought a few shirts a size larger, I found I can't do that with pants. I haven't been able to find stores in Aust that have Plus Size maternity, my Kmart, Target, Big W etc don't, and I refuse to go into a plus boutique and pay $150 for a pair of jeans to wear for a few months.

Hope that helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeganP For This Useful Post:

shabbychook  (12-05-2011)