+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cant believe so many ladies have had trouble having a clear scan.i have never had a problem and always had my scan at the womens diagnostic centre at sunnybank in brisbane. They r awesome have never made me feel uncomfortable.i hope u ladies find somewhere to have a good scan.i wish u all the best.
    I started feeling flutters at 9.5 weeks and now im feeling little kicks.im 13+4. Has anyone else felt it this early or is it beacuse this is my 6 th baby.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY View Post
    YAY, I found a section where I fit in!
    Please may I join? I weigh over 100kg.
    My husband and I are TTC, for 4months and have had a miscarriage last month.
    I'm so scared it will happen again this month. Fingers crossed all is ok the TWW issuch a hard time I just want to know either way so I can prepare myself for a BFP OR BFN.
    Am thinking its my weight holding us back, DH has his heart set on a Christmas baby xo

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all and getting to know you a bit better.
    Hey I thought it must be my weight too as we tried for YEARS including doing fertility treatments, but I fell preg! In fact I was at my heaviest when I fell pregnant. I know how much everyone hates this but judging from what happened to me, I think my mind was holding us back. Everyone said 'just stop thinking about it and you will get pregnant' and I'd get so frustrated thinking 'what do you know! I CAN'T stop thinking about it' but I literally thought it wasn't possible so we planned 2011 with tonnes of traveling and overseas trips, also booked my lapband for Sept (everything now cancelled) so I really did stop thinking about it and was taken completely by surprise with my bfp. Our bodies and minds can be our worst enemies!! But I'm not discounting infertility at all, I know how unbelievably hard it was. I hope all of you get your bfp soon!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz77 View Post
    Hi girls,

Just wanted to let you lovely ladies know that Charlotte Joy was born on 29/3/2011 weighing a healthy 4.35kg, 51cm. Normal VB - I was induced on my due date as I had impaired glucose readings and was concerned baby would get too big to deliver....2hr 12 min labour, posterior but no tearing or stitches! The midwives were lovely and my weight did not hinder my ability to birth my baby without additional intervention or drugs. Good luck to you all - I hope you have a positive experience like I did
    Congratulations Shaz!!

Borealis - I tend to agree with you, well for my case anyway. We had a miscarriage early last year and it took me ages to let go and actually wanting a 'different' baby to the one we'd lost. We were trying TTC the whole time after but it wasn't until I 'let it all out' about how I was feeling that something happened. Obviously though it happened pretty quickly in the scheme of things for us but I do think you need to let go and concentrate on other things.

AFM - I've just been put on blood pressure tablets as it's started to slowly rise. Have been told that I'll probably have bubs at 38 weeks, glad it's to term but scary that it's only 4 weeks away at the most Can't wait to meet our baby but the closer birth gets, the more scared I am - nothing I can do about it now I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly; I just wanted to say good luck with your TTC, luckily I never suffered a miscarriage, but hubby and I were TTC for over 3 years before I finally fell pregnant. I lost 18 kg in the 10 months before we conceived and I'm positive that's the reason we're finally having our baby (I was still around 96kg at that point). I'm 29 week pg now and just over 100kg again, but my glucose tests and BP have all been good so far, so I'm trying not to let the extra weight bother me. Your weight may or may not be holding you back but starting to focus on your health before you conceive can only be a positive thing and if you loose a couple of kg in the process that's a bonus too.

:-) Ash

Thanks
    Reviews
    ASHLY80: Thank-you for your kind words. I am pleased to announce we got our BFP on the weekend. 4 in total as I couldn't believe my eyes! Tests were first response and the most clear line was today as they are still faint but clear to see.

BOREALIS: Congrats on your BFP! Thank-you for sharing some of your journey with me. I think what your saying is true our minds are very powerful. I'll be honest I am a little nervous with keeping this baby safe after our miscarriage last month. Doc said not to worry as it's the worst thing to do for baby, easier said then done. AF is late but everytime I go to the toilet am checking that she hasn't turned up. Am try to be a bit calmer, want to get excited but am still scared as its early days for us, Our baby is due 26th of December, a boxing day baby. Hubby was laughing no sales shopping for me this year,lol!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY View Post
    ASHLY80: Thank-you for your kind words. I am pleased to announce we got our BFP on the weekend. 4 in total as I couldn't believe my eyes! Tests were first response and the most clear line was today as they are still faint but clear to see.

BOREALIS: Congrats on your BFP! Thank-you for sharing some of your journey with me. I think what your saying is true our minds are very powerful. I'll be honest I am a little nervous with keeping this baby safe after our miscarriage last month. Doc said not to worry as it's the worst thing to do for baby, easier said then done. AF is late but everytime I go to the toilet am checking that she hasn't turned up. Am try to be a bit calmer, want to get excited but am still scared as its early days for us, Our baby is due 26th of December, a boxing day baby. Hubby was laughing no sales shopping for me this year,lol!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    Congratulations on your BFP Beautiful Butterfly My pregnancy before this one, my first, ended in a miscarriage at what we thought to be 9 weeks (was actually at 7 weeks). Even now I still check the toilet paper everytime I go for any signs of trouble (TMI - sorry!). We didn't tell anyone apart from our parents until 16 weeks, we were that scared of something happening. But here we are at almost 34 weeks, the nursery is done, baby shower has been had and I'm almost at maternity leave and I still won't believe it until I see it! I've worried / cried / stressed etc etc but bubs is coming, it's a real b*tch how a m/c can take away the awesomeness of pregnancy. Like your doc said, enjoy it, even though I know it's hard. Once again congratulations

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat1 For This Useful Post:

BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY  (27-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again girls,

Not stalking you I promise...just wanted to pop in and see how you are all going....

Also, I finally weighed myself after having bub 2 weeks ago - I was a bit scared as I hadn't been weighing myself toward the end of my pregnancy (the last time I did I was at my pre-preg weight after having lost 5 kg in the first trimester) - and I am 12 kg lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight!!! So just wanted to encourage you all....now I just have to capitalise on that and keep going with the weight loss lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Butterfly! Fingers crossed for you that it's a sticky one! Shaz, congrats to you too, that's awesome!

I had a check-up today, everything is good except that there is a giant iron sucking vampire baby living inside me. My iron count is down to 8 so now I have to go in weekly for a shot of iron in the backside, I've also had to add an extra pill and a liquid iron supplement to my daily vitamins... I'll start rattling soon.

Take care everyone

Ash

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley80 For This Useful Post:

BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY  (27-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I'd like to join in if I may? I'm not yet pregnant, but Husboy and I are beginning to ttc nowish. I weigh 135 kg and am 177cm (and frequently get told by doctors to re-weigh, because I don't look that much,dammit. I wish I wasn't!).

Last year I lost 18 kg (doing BodyTrim), but have unfortunately put 15 of it back on I can't face doing BodyTrim again, and have previously tried Weight Watchers, gym every day for 2 hours, not eating any ****, starving, etc. and nothing has worked.

I'm very scared of not being able to get pregnant, and like others have said not looking / feeling pregnant once I do get there.

Good luck to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi alylala

Welcome! We sound very similar. I was 130kg before conceiving (now 132kg) and I'm 179cm tall. I've put on about 2kg and I'm just over 18 weeks along. I hadn't put on anything until Friday and haven't weighed since so coulda just been water (I can fluctuate a lot). So anyways how old are you? I'm 26 and we tried for 6ish years. I've got PCOS and after getting pregnant was also told I had a retroverted uterus. I personally think it was my mind and stress that we didn't get preg, so I'm sure you won't have any worries! Would this be your first? It's our first and due in Sept so very excited. In regards to not looking/ feeling pregnant, I still don't really FEEL pregnant besides being tired but I feel lucky not to of had the MS. I didn't think I was looking pregnant but my tummy is definently starting to push out, all my shirts are tight around the tummy. I think within a couple weeks I'll be full on preggo looking. Yay! hope you get your bfp soon!