+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello ladies

I was just cruising the net for overweight and preg and found this, Ive been on bubhub for a few months and never saw it before.

I am 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I am 26 (today actually! haha) and I weigh 131 kg and Im 179cm (5'9 ish). I weighed this before getting pregnant too.. havent put any weight on. I was scheduled for lap band in Sept and then all of a sudden I was pregnant! We ttc for 7 years but because of PCOS etc we didnt think it was going to happen... then BOOM!

I couldnt be happier but I do worry about my weight affecting my baby. I also worry about "not showing"... most of the girls in my due date thread are showing and have felt baby and I havent done either.. My 6 and 9 week scans were great, they were done v*ginally but my 12 week sucked. It was tummy scan and was all blurry and hard to see anything but I didnt want to ask for another v*ginal one. I really hope my 20 week scan is better. If it isnt I will ask for v*ginally, definently.. the pics were so much better.

My tummy seems to have expanded as my pants are tight but no weight gain so I assume it must be baby? I just want my tummy rolls to mold into one so I have the gorgeous baby belly and stop looking quite so fat.

So far the docs seem okay and havent said anything mean. I will be treated by a doctor the whole time, no midwives. I also start seeing doc every two weeks from 20 weeks and have a scan every 6 weeks. I get tested for GD next week.. I hope I dont have it.

I havent had time to read all the pages but plan on going back through them to read everyones story and see if I can learn some things!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Borealis i have been overweight with 4 /5 children and showed with ech it just takes us ladies a little longer to show and sometimes first time mummys dont feel there babies till later on.
    Can i ask y they r giving u so many scans and appointments from 20 weeks.....just curious.
    Hope all continues to go well.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really sure. I just assumed it was due to my weight? I'm completely healthy otherwise which is surprising, no high blood pressure or cholesterol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to my doctor a few weeks ago as i am still quiet over weight and showed her my PT mune and exercise plans as i am trying to lose weight. she said that it was fine for me to lose the weight whilst being pregnant all i had to do was stick to my 1200 cal a day intake but add 300 cals extra for calcuim as the menu plan didnt cover the calcuim required for pregnancy she said it is reccomended in woman who are over weight to still try and either maintain there weight or loss weight when pregnant AS LONG AS they still get all the nutrients that they need for pregnancy.

She has been lovely and has supported me through out this whole process of losing weight and now my pregnacy i wouldnt of gone back to her if she didnt and if i had someone try and force it upon me like that doctor i read about in previous post i wouldnt of done more then leave crying i wouldnt of returned that was just plain rude!!

Cass
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Hello ladies

I was just cruising the net for overweight and preg and found this, Ive been on bubhub for a few months and never saw it before.

I am 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I am 26 (today actually! haha) and I weigh 131 kg and Im 179cm (5'9 ish). I weighed this before getting pregnant too.. havent put any weight on. I was scheduled for lap band in Sept and then all of a sudden I was pregnant! We ttc for 7 years but because of PCOS etc we didnt think it was going to happen... then BOOM!

I havent had time to read all the pages but plan on going back through them to read everyones story and see if I can learn some things!!

Hi Borealis, your situation sounds very similar to mine, except I'm a bit smaller, older and further along in my pregnancy. I haven't written much in here but I am a big stalker of Bub Hub forums. I'm almost 33 weeks and although I'm showing, it's not really the big round bump I was after, it's getting there though. Being my first I think that's why it's not showing much, but I can certainly feel bubs in there moving and kicking around. I can still fit into the majority of my tops but pants are another issue I felt bubs move very definitely at about 14 weeks, but then nothing again until around 20. It's an awesome feeling, my DH can feel bubs as well but he / she generally hides as soon as I grab his hand. My step daughter (who lives with us full time) has also felt the kicks which is great for them to bond - she's 4 1/2 and so very excited, something that I was worried about. She likes to talk to my belly every day. I had an internal u/s scan at 8 weeks for dating, chose not to have the 12 weeks and then had a really good morph scan at 20 weeks - there was never any talk about my belly being too fat for the sonographer to pick up baby. I also found out at that scan that I had an anterior placenta, this I think has 'muffled' some of the kicks (bit hard to tell as I haven't carried a baby past 7 weeks prior to this one). Although I have the a/p it has never stopped the doc being able to hear the heartbeat at our checkups using a doppler. I'm in pre natal classes at the moment and I'm one of the furthest along and I don't feel the largest belly wise at all, although my DH thinks I look it. There are other big girls in there too and they all carry differently, I think it depends on your body shape as much as any weight you may have been carrying pre baby. I do have a bp that has begun to climb so I have my fingers crossed it isn't turning into pre - eclampsia, and then there's a vist to the anaesthetist this week to make sure I'm not a 'risk', more . Anyway I'm rambling on a lot here, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in your situation. Just because we're bigger doesn't mean that we don't love our babies as much, or are able to nurture them in our bellies as well, as smaller women. And congratulations on your pregnancy! Welcome to the crazy ride

Thanks
    Reviews

My 6 and 9 week scans were great, they were done v*ginally but my 12 week sucked. It was tummy scan and was all blurry and hard to see anything but I didnt want to ask for another v*ginal one. I really hope my 20 week scan is better. If it isnt I will ask for v*ginally, definently.. the pics were so much better.
    Hi I haven't posted in this section either - just came across it.. I am currently 24 weeks..

For scans I was similar to you Borealis, had a v*ginal scan at 5 wks and then 8 wks (my pregnancy was a big SURPRISE so had to see where I was and if it was viable).... then had a normal and v*ginal at 12wks. For your 20 week scan - they told me they don't do a v*ginal scan - as the baby is now too far away to do that. For mine they couldn't see all the detail of the organs etc..they were there in the right place, but couldn't see the finer details of them.. Still saw little feet/hands, face... I carry most of my weight on my stomach, and I also have an anterior placenta so that doesn't help. I am being re-scanned this week at 24 weeks to check on the details of all the bits. I still got some good pics at 20wks - but our bubba was also not helpful as was in a little ball in the very top of my uterus...

To date, my OB has been great, I did go see a dietician, and really tried to clean up my diet etc. To date I have not put on any weight, as I just can't physically fit lots of food in and MS early on, also my glucose test was fine, and my blood pressure is fine too. I compare myself to some of my friends who at this point had put on 20kgs.. had high BP and ended up with gestational diabeties.... they were all in their healthy weight range - so it's such an individual thing..

My aim is to remain the same for my pregnancy - hopefully to keep BP in check and not get GD. My OB has said it's likely I will put on a few kgs in the last month or so.. so don't get too stressed about it. I am trying not to over think about my weight.. I definately am trying to eat as well as I can, but am not going to the extent of counting calories etc, I just try to make sure i stick to the guidance the dietician gave me of 4 pieces of fruit a day, 5 vegies, 4 protein, 3 dairy, and 3-4 carbs. So I normally have lots of little snacks that tick these - ie yoghurt for 1 dairy, biscuits with cheese for dairy and carbs, tuna and salad sandwich - as eating big meals is still not appealing to me even though the MS has died off.

It's so great to hear stories from other lovely ladies, and most of what you read is so negative about being overweight and pregnant ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Just wanted to let you lovely ladies know that Charlotte Joy was born on 29/3/2011 weighing a healthy 4.35kg, 51cm. Normal VB - I was induced on my due date as I had impaired glucose readings and was concerned baby would get too big to deliver....2hr 12 min labour, posterior but no tearing or stitches! The midwives were lovely and my weight did not hinder my ability to birth my baby without additional intervention or drugs. Good luck to you all - I hope you have a positive experience like I did

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive congrats shaz!!!

Thanks girls for the other info and advice.

I really hope my morph scan goes well. We desperately want to know boy or girl.. So not sure what options are to find that out.

I want to stay the same for the pregnancy too as I'm hoping that means at the end I'll still have lost weight. I am still booked to have lapband when I finish breastfeeding so happy about that too. I haven't been too firm about what I've been eating.. I haven't wanted junk.. But very hungry for carbs, pickles, etc so making sure I'm having lots of milk, fruit and veggies. I haven't been sick at all so I won't lose weight due to that so I figure what I put in should be as healthy as possible but I eat when I'm hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

I couldnt be happier but I do worry about my weight affecting my baby. I also worry about "not showing"... most of the girls in my due date thread are showing and have felt baby and I havent done either.. My 6 and 9 week scans were great, they were done v*ginally but my 12 week sucked. It was tummy scan and was all blurry and hard to see anything but I didnt want to ask for another v*ginal one. I really hope my 20 week scan is better. If it isnt I will ask for v*ginally, definently.. the pics were so much better.

My tummy seems to have expanded as my pants are tight but no weight gain so I assume it must be baby? I just want my tummy rolls to mold into one so I have the gorgeous baby belly and stop looking quite so fat.

So far the docs seem okay and havent said anything mean. I will be treated by a doctor the whole time, no midwives. I also start seeing doc every two weeks from 20 weeks and have a scan every 6 weeks. I get tested for GD next week.. I hope I dont have it.

Hi Borealis,

I was same weight as you when I got preg :-) 130kg and 163cm. I also have pcos and hadn't had cycle for nearly 2 years, so my lil miss was a very lovely suprise :-) I lost 20kg during the pregnancy due to bad bad bad m/s. My 12 week scan couldn't make it out much at all, due to the weight..

I had problems, and lost a twin in the pregnancy, so I had scans every two weeks, and to be honest non of them were that clear. unless they were internal. I tried 3D quiet a few times (as a friend is a sonographer) to try and get a clear face pic, but bub kept turning her head. lol But otherwise they were great :-)

If you are in Brisbane area, I suggest going to Redcliffe Ultrasound, I went to them for my morph, and 26 week scan, as they also do 3D/4D so go a lovely dvd keep sake, had all the others at the hospital, and the lady there got the best pics for me :-)

My gorgeous lil girl is now 11wks and happy and healthy :-) I was diagnosed with GD at 18wks, and was induced at 38wks - had a emergency c/section, which they tried to avoid, as I spent nearly 6 days doing different induction processes as they didn't want to do a c/section due to my size, but lil miss heart dropped down to 50bpm and they had to get her out asap, so I had to have a general as my epi was patchy.

oh ps - We are all different, and you are taller, but I didn't look preg until I was about 34weeks, I didn't even change pant size until about 28 wks, my stomach still kept the indent at the belly button, but got preg shaped above that. It was so funny when bub dropped as I felt and looked like those large men. with the belly hanging outside of the shirt.
    Last edited by butterflyknot; 12-04-2011 at 09:46. Reason: forgot something

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY, I found a section where I fit in!
    Please may I join? I weigh over 100kg.
    My husband and I are TTC, for 4months and have had a miscarriage last month.
    I'm so scared it will happen again this month. Fingers crossed all is ok the TWW issuch a hard time I just want to know either way so I can prepare myself for a BFP OR BFN.
    Am thinking its my weight holding us back, DH has his heart set on a Christmas baby xo

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all and getting to know you a bit better.