+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mama Wear is having a 40% off everything sale, including clearance items, on their website. Coupon code: FEB40.

They have some maternity styles that include sizes 16-24. I just bought some yoga and cargo pants.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Answer

Hello cmcdougall,
    Congratulation! I am very happy for you,as you told me about your feeling,really it is a very amazing feeling for a mother.
    "All the best"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies!

Congratulations to all the new mums to be! It's been a long while since I've been on the forum and so many newbies are here! I hope all of your pregnancies are wonderful and as worry free possible!

I am 39 weeks + 1 today, and I feel so ready to have this bub. Apart from the carpal tunnel (which is just about driving me insane!) and swollen ankles, I am just so excited to meet him! Am trying to remain as relaxed and calm as possible but it's just so exciting!

How are you ladies dealing with the heat? I find it absolutely stupifying at the moment. I'm in Queensland, in Toowoomba and we've gone from flooding to absolutely scorching days!

I note that a couple of ladies have asked about breastfeeding tops, I was at Kmart the other day and they have feeding singlets in grey and black in the maternity section, they only go up to a size 18, but they fit me and I'm usually a 24! And they're only $10 so I bought 5 of them! I think they'll be really useful under other shirts, or for just around the house. I have looked everywhere for tops and bras for feeding without much luck - they either don't exist, aren't the right size or are just so expensive!

I wish you all the best of luck with your bubs!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to interstellarburst For This Useful Post:

shaz77  (21-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the tip interstellaburst!!! I wouldn't have even bothered trying the feeding singlet on coz an 18 usually isn't big enough!! Will definitely have a look next time I am at the shops!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Interstellarburst about the KMart singlets - here is the sticker off one of mine explaining how they look: http://forum.bubhub.com.au/community...ictureid=12717

Here is a pic of me wearing one of them when I was 22 weeks pregnant:
    This is a one of me from last week with Evelyn in her Peanut Shell pouch: http://forum.bubhub.com.au/community...ictureid=14900
    Lastly, here is one of me (in the middle) from a recent catch up with some of the other "due in January 2011" Bub Hub mums from Brisbane: http://forum.bubhub.com.au/community...ictureid=14899

I got mine from KMart at Chermside a while ago and they had them in black, grey and white (I got one of each) and they went up to XL (which fits me fine and I'm a 22/24). I went back to get a couple more and noticed (as Interstellarburst said) the sizing now goes up to 18. I got one of the size 18 ones (black) to try and it fits great. I went back to get another one or two on Sunday and found two of the XL ones reduced to $5 each ... I'll take those thank you very much. They were both black so I now have 4 black, 1 grey and 1 white LOL. People might think its some kind of uniform but they're so comfortable and so handy for feeding that I don't care what they think :P

I haven't posted in here for a while but for those that don't know me, I started AND ended my pregnancy around 125 kgs, I DIDN'T get morning sickness, DIDN'T get gestational diabetes and DIDN'T get high blood pressure. Unfortunately, I think due to the stress of my three and a half year old niece Savannah having a seizure and drowning in the bath and getting put on life support, I DID get a recurrence of the cold sore virus (Herpes Simplex or HSV1). Taking into account the potential risk of passing the HSV1 virus onto the baby and the added stress of Savannah dying on 1.1.11, it was agreed that I should have another caesarean at 39 weeks (I had a caesarean when I had my DS in 2004 due to failed induction).

Here is a pic of me @ 39 weeks pregnant upon arrival at the hospital for my caesarean on 6 January. http://forum.bubhub.com.au/community...ictureid=14902

Evelyn Mae was born on 6.1.11 weighing 9 pounds 2 ounces (4130g). She's a little angel and we adore her and so does her 6 year old big brother.

Within a couple of weeks of having Evelyn, my weight was down around 113kgs so I'm now around 12kgs under my pre-pregnancy weight and Evvy is almost 7 weeks old now. During my pregnancy and now, I didn't change much but I try to walk my DS to school every day (luckily its only a couple of blocks but incidental exercise is good) and try and eat well.

All the best to all the "overweight and pregnant" mummas out there and hello to those that are not yet or no longer pregnant but enjoying the ride with the other expectant mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure this has been asked, so please excuse my ignorence.

I weigh 143kg. I am pregnant with my first, I am 19weeks. I was wondering if I will EVER look pregnant. lol I haven't changed at all I can feel a bump under all my squishy fatty goodness, but I wonder if the giant bump will ever come through.

So, When did you start to look pregnant??? I feel that I will accept things so much more when I atleast look like I am having a baby instead of just looking like myself!

Thanking you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oscarsmummy - I send my condolences to you and your family. What an incredible tragedy with your neice. It must have been so stressful at the time, I am glad you and Evelyn are both healthy and thriving! I too went back to Kmart but they had completely sold out of the tops! Word gets around it seems!

Waitingforyoubaby - I weighed about the same as you when I became pregnant! I lost some weight and didn't gain any until the 3rd trimester and overall have put on about 8kgs! I first started showing - where other people noticed, at about 26 weeks, but it is different for everyone, it was really tough waiting for this baby to reveal itself to the rest of the world! But don't worry! You will definitely show a baby bump eventually! It may not look like everyone elses but it will definitely be yours! I will try to attach a photo of me to show you what I look like now - when I was 4-5 months pregnant I felt like there were no photos of any women my size out there who were pregnant. Be proud of yourself and your baby and your body, it is truly doing the most amazing thing it could ever do! Good luck with your pregnancy!

3 days til due date! Come on bubba!

to all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://forum.bubhub.com.au/community...ictureid=14907

me at 39 weeks, i sure hope this bub decides to come soon! Any tried and true induction methods??!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by interstellarburst View Post
    Oscarsmummy - I send my condolences to you and your family. What an incredible tragedy with your neice. It must have been so stressful at the time, I am glad you and Evelyn are both healthy and thriving! I too went back to Kmart but they had completely sold out of the tops! Word gets around it seems!

Waitingforyoubaby - I weighed about the same as you when I became pregnant! I lost some weight and didn't gain any until the 3rd trimester and overall have put on about 8kgs! I first started showing - where other people noticed, at about 26 weeks, but it is different for everyone, it was really tough waiting for this baby to reveal itself to the rest of the world! But don't worry! You will definitely show a baby bump eventually! It may not look like everyone elses but it will definitely be yours! I will try to attach a photo of me to show you what I look like now - when I was 4-5 months pregnant I felt like there were no photos of any women my size out there who were pregnant. Be proud of yourself and your baby and your body, it is truly doing the most amazing thing it could ever do! Good luck with your pregnancy!

3 days til due date! Come on bubba!

to all of you!

Thankyou very much. I felt a bit silly asking. I just need to be reminded that I will eventually look pregnant LOL. You look so radiant!!!!!!!! Yay for bubbas arrival very soon *hopefully* lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitingforyoubaby View Post
    I am pretty sure this has been asked, so please excuse my ignorence.

I weigh 143kg. I am pregnant with my first, I am 19weeks. I was wondering if I will EVER look pregnant. lol I haven't changed at all I can feel a bump under all my squishy fatty goodness, but I wonder if the giant bump will ever come through.

So, When did you start to look pregnant??? I feel that I will accept things so much more when I atleast look like I am having a baby instead of just looking like myself!

Thanking you
    Depends if its your first baby. I only weighed 90kgs when my son was born and I didn't even look like I was showing until 7 months! I thought it would never happen! Just depends on your body shape and height. Some of the skinnier women never even look like they're pregnant due to how tall they are!!!

But this one I weigh 100kgs and started showing at 4 months! So it will happen...but just enjoy the fact that you're pregnant and don't have to spend a fortune on maternity clothing!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Caszie87 For This Useful Post:

waitingforyoubaby  (25-02-2011)