+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    me too Widget - it totally sux!! I had my 1 hour one and the result came back high so now I have to have the long fasting one!! So bummed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls! Sorry to crash the thread so late into my Pregnancy...But ive got a question?

im 30wks come wednesday. Im showing, sorta, just, kinda... And still wearing mostly my normal wardrobe. (Average 22) Maternity clothing isnt an issue. My mum has a wardrobe twice the size of mine - with clothes i can borrow...up to 30's from before she lost all her weight.

Im just wondering.... Where in the world do we buy Breast Feeding Tops? Or what are u girls planning on using? Because im sure she has nothing like THAT in her wardrobe, and i REALLY want some BF tops for going out/in public. Even if its just the 1 or 2. Around home doesnt phase me.

I live in a country town in Vic. We have a country target locally (which only stocks up to size 18 in maternity, and they sell out FAST) and theres Kmart and real target 100kms away, but once again they dont stock my size in maternity....

Thanks
    Reviews
    shadowangel- I have found maternitywear.com.au to be a really good site for maternity clothes as well as nursing tops plus it seems they go to a size 24-26. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well! Sorry to have disappeared over Christmas guys! Very busy time of year...parties, food etc etc YAY! So I did my GTT and came back all clear which is FANTASTIC because now there is no reason for the doctor to prevent me from going to London. Although he gave me a very depressing...'you shouldn't be going this late in your pregnancy, you could go into Labour over there.' I just shrugged it off. I don't have high blood pressure, sure I'm a little overweight but I am very healthy and now have not put on any weight at all to my pre pregnancy weight. I don't have gestational diabetes or any other gestational diseases or conditions.

But I am now a little worried...everyone is so concerned but me. I KNOW I won't go early...just as I knew at 6 weeks that my last baby was going to be a boy and that this one was going to be a girl. And that my son would be late. The earliest anyone in my family has gone into labour was 8 days early and the cut off period for flying is 36 weeks...4 weeks before your due date! Isn't it rare for people to go into labour that early? Isn't the normal 2 weeks before or after your due date? So 38-42 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    But I am now a little worried...everyone is so concerned but me. I KNOW I won't go early...just as I knew at 6 weeks that my last baby was going to be a boy and that this one was going to be a girl. And that my son would be late. The earliest anyone in my family has gone into labour was 8 days early and the cut off period for flying is 36 weeks...4 weeks before your due date! Isn't it rare for people to go into labour that early? Isn't the normal 2 weeks before or after your due date? So 38-42 weeks?[/QUOTE]

I think the issue with flying is that high altitudes especially on long flights has been known to bring on labour - there is also the issue of deep vein thrombosis. If all is well though then you should be fine - just make sure you walk around alot on the plane and do the leg exercises you gotta keep moving!! Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shaz77,

We have the same due date! How cool is that?! I have found that there are alot of ladies due in the same week... must have been something in the water back in June lol...

All pregnant ladies are beautiful... any size:-) don't worry about what anyone else says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    that's cool dueinmarch2011 - feel free to come chat with us in the march thread....it will be nice not to be the only one waiting at the end of the month!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks sandra! Im checking it out now.

Im with Shaz Dueinmarch... Come join us in the March threads!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4forMe View Post
    I think the issue with flying is that high altitudes especially on long flights has been known to bring on labour - there is also the issue of deep vein thrombosis. If all is well though then you should be fine - just make sure you walk around alot on the plane and do the leg exercises you gotta keep moving!! Good Luck
    Oh okay....everyone has just been a downer about my trip. Thank you for the advice...it is the only one I have recieved! It is good to know that someone knows what they are talking about and willing to share! Haha. Although I did know about the DVT and I have been looking around for the anti-DVT socks...or flight socks...but everyone is selling them at around $20-$30! For a pair of socks! I am a bit suprised. A thread about flying when pregnant mentioned keeping hydrated should help too. So LOTS of water! Which means getting up to go to the toilet every 5 min...which should be really fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    where can i get cheap breastfeeding tops from? like tshirt type ones, suitable for using march onwards, so going into autum/winter. im around a size 22. the only ones i can find online are either not big enought or quite dear.