+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    had my midwife appointment yesterday.
    Still measuring ahead... have done since 24 weeks...
    Im 33 weeks measuring 38!!
    Yet another scan booked.
    My last one at 28 weeks showed her measuring 28 weeks and fluid level normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummabear View Post
    Just wanted to come back and share some great news! When I fell pregnant I was wearing size 22 jeans. I'm now 3 months pregnant & have lost around 10kg so tried on an old pair of jeans tonight because all mine are too big & look awful. I fit into my old size 16 jeans (using a belly belt to fit my tummy in)!!!! I'm so excited because now I might actually be able to go to a "normal" shop and buy a pair of maternity jeans! I've heard great things about the Jeans West maternity jeans and they go up to a size 18 so I'm going to check them out tomorrow. Fingers crossed my old jeans aren't just a fluke & I don't walk out of the store completely disillusioned as usual!

How did you do this? I had to got to the delivery suite yesterday afternoon and I got weighed.... I cried and cried and cried when I got home, I don't want to diet and be stupid about it but I don't want to put on too much more weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many things happening around Christmas!

CMCD- It is a bit strange but maybe they were a bit off on the last calculation...you never know. And fundall height and all that is just a guess really. I was measuring the perfect all the way through my pregnancy until the last 2 weeks and my baby came out huge. So I guess it's really just the way you are carrying your child in there!

Mummabear - That is awesome about the weightloss! Wow 10kgs! That is really great in the first trimester. It must be great not to have to shop at specialty stores for clothing. I hope all goes well with the Jeans shopping

Kat4 - Don't stress...some people loose weight when they are pregnant and some don't. Some people gain a tonne of weight and some don't. Some people just stay the same. Whatever you are doing, your body is doing, it is best for the baby. You tend to know just what to eat to make your baby healthy. But if you are desperate to loose the weight try eating no fat foods (yes, this is very hard - especially when you are craving chocolates or soft drink etc etc). Grilled meats and fresh vegies and fruits - try the no fat milk and wholegrain breads - cheap homebrand is just as fine as the expensive brands too! You'll find your baby sucks those nutrients out of you so fast that you'll have nothing left for your body to grow bigger with - hence the loosing weight part! And if this doesn't work in a at least 2 weeks, sit back and relax knowing that your baby is still going to be healthy whether you loose weight or not!

Mummabear is offline Gone.....and no doubt already forgotten
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I'm procrastinating about getting to the shops this morning because I'm not yet ready for the big let down that I will no doubt get when their jeans don't fit me!

Quote Originally Posted by kat4 View Post
    How did you do this? I had to got to the delivery suite yesterday afternoon and I got weighed.... I cried and cried and cried when I got home, I don't want to diet and be stupid about it but I don't want to put on too much more weight
    Oh Kat, don't feel bad. With both my boys I put on weight from day one. I put on around 20kg with each of them. I'm not doing anything great or wonderful to be losing weight, and it's not fair for you to compare to me because I have a lapbad. I've had it for 3 years and lost next to no weight. Now that I'm pregnant and my uterus is starting to push up on my tummy the band is finally working the way it was always supposed to, so I literally can not get much food down. I still get hungry, I still reach for the bad foods, but I can not physically get them down. And it's not pretty either. I attempt to eat and then I end up in the bathroom throwing it all back up because it's gotten stuck. It it weren't for this band I would no doubt be putting on as much weight as I did with my boys.

For what it's worth, I was 105kg when I fell pregnant with DS1, I put on around 20kg during the pregnancy and the birth was smooth sailing, trouble free and he was healthy and I recovered well. With DS2 I was around 110kg when I fell pregnant, put on 20kg when pregnant, and same time, easy and smooth sailing birth with a healthy baby and good recovery. This time I was 121kg (that's with having the band done after DS2 - so you can see it was working out really well for me ) when I fell pregnant, so I'm still very overweight and no one has even really noticed that I've dropped 10kg and my doctor hasn't said anything about it being good or bad, just like when I was putting on weight with the boys she didn't say it was good or bad, she judged the pregnancy on how the baby was progressing, not what the scales said. Don't be hard on yourself, you're growing a beautiful, healthy baby, your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone I have to lovely DD's and have been thinkin since we had DD2 in april should we have a 3rd DH said he always wanted 3 but its up to me.
    I had a Csection with DD2 due to previous birth and previa placenta, and i had a blood clot after cs.
    i weigh 85kilos with my stomach being the main issue major overhang lol,
    i just scared about a 3rd even though i would opt for another cs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcdougall View Post
    had my midwife appointment yesterday.
    Still measuring ahead... have done since 24 weeks...
    Im 33 weeks measuring 38!!
    Yet another scan booked.
    My last one at 28 weeks showed her measuring 28 weeks and fluid level normal
    Cmcdougall, I was the same, @ 24wks I was nearly 4wks ahead, but Ive had chronic morning sickness during my pregnancy.. I fell pregnant (a lovely surprise) at over 130kg, and now at 35wks I am down to 110kg, due to being chronically ill.

I had a scan @ 32wks and she was behind!! due to me being so ill, so they have been giving me weekly scans to see how she is going, and decided to induce me at 37 weeks, as she isn't growing like she should be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Michplus3 View Post
    Hi Ladies!!!

I have a wedding to go to 2 weeks before im due! And im just wondering if anyone knows of a good website where I can look at dresses?? Im about a size 18-20, and cant find anything anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Michelle

xoxo
    Have you got a City Chic? If not, they are online also sorry I'd someone has already said this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies
    I had my next scan done a couple of days ago as I was measuring 5 weeks ahead (belly wise) in the scan she measured a week ahead
    So they don't seem too concerned and neither am I TBH they just said they won't let me go past my due date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummabear View Post
    Hi girls,

I just needed to post in here as hopefully some of you will understand my frustration and sadness.

I'm currently nearly 6 weeks pregnant with #3. I found out I was pg in the middle of a bad flu and over a 2 week period I lost around 6kg, which was great. Now my pre-pregnancy/pre-flu diet was horrendous (hence my 120kg). Every night I would sit in my recliner and gorge myself on chips, chocolate, icecream, etc and I would just eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted during the day as I had completely given up any chance of ever having any willpower.

Since my flu and finding out I am pg again I have drastically changed my eating habits. I no longer eat after dinner and will only have a cup of camomile tea or some water, I have a banana for breakfast, some soup or some tuna or some noodles (not the best I realise) for lunch and then some meat and veg or a vegetarian curry or some rice pasta for dinner. I don't drink anything other than water, have cut out all coffee and have maybe 1 or 2 cups of tea a day. I have also snacked on some plain rice crackers or water crackers a few times due to MS.

Eating like this I have still managed to put that 6kg back on . I am so frustrated. Seriously, I used to eat a family sized block of chocolate several times a week and now I don't eat it at all (I tried a freddo frog twice and it made me sick - guess baby doens't like chocolate). Seriously, am I just destined to be this obese pig for the rest of my life?? How can I cut my food back so dramatically and have NO RESULTS AT ALL - none, but actually put 6kg back on??????

Also, some of the other Mums in my month group are talking about their little tummies already starting to pop out - I will never 'pop' out. At around 30 weeks pregnant I will just look like I have put on even more weight .

I'm sorry, I know this is just a woe is me rant but I'm just feeling a little disillusioned and sorry for myself right now
    Don't get disheartened! Losing weight is not the most important thing, being healthy and giving the bub all that nutrition is! I know we've probably all heard it a million times over, but small meals, more often is what you need! Snacks are important, try things like a carrot/cauliflower/whatever veggies you like dipped in cottage cheese or hommus or something, and I think you should maybe hav a better breaky, a banana isn't much (although ms will pretty mch dictate what u eat then ) and it's also not necessarily true that u won't show, I'm 130kgs and by about 28 weeks it's plainly obvious I'm preg! Everyone is different.
    The other thing that you might look at if you're really keen to lose is walking or swimming, it's all about calorie intake vs output
    Keep on trucking! Health is way more important than numbers on the scale

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    Back here again: Just got a BFP and am Due in Sept (18th) with No 2, hopefully! Better be sticky

Will try and look back over posts. Was here for most of 2009 whilst pregnant with DS. So looking forward to geting to know you all.
    Here's to extending our lovely family