Overweight and Pregnant #4 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Overweight and Pregnant #4

Quote Originally Posted by cmcdougall View Post
    Hey ladies thanks for your responses on kicking times, and i can proudly announce that last night 22+5 weeks i was laying in bed with my hand on my tummy and felt a kick (i did question myself at first) DH came home from training and i said i think i felt a kick, when he came to bed put his hand on my belly and sure enough kick kick kick kick kick OMG im so over the moon that i can now share the experience with him.
    His so thrilled bless him
    Congrats on the kicks, its a nice feeling! I just had my 4th a couple of weeks ago, and its still a great feeling, having had a few!

Being overweight sort of means it takes longer to feel sometimes, but its not a problem.

By the way, I had another normal birth (induced for the 4th time though, due to GDD and pre eclampsia) and it was the same as the other 3, almost identical. No dramas. GDD and high BP have both disappeared now too, which is good.

I think as long as you are healthy, then being a bit overweight is not a big issue - there are more serious things to be concerned about I think.

Jac

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JNW For This Useful Post:

auntyg  (07-02-2015),poida84  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I am in my third pregnancy, never had any issues due to my weight (except being rejected from one hospital!)

yesterday I went to my dr appointment at the hospital and had the rudest b!t#h I have ever encountered! She carried on about my BMI and made me stand on the scales, made me strip to my underwear so she could listen to my chest etc. all with a male student in the room! I was horrified.....left absolutely distraught in tears.....I explained that I have lost about 5 kgs so far and will probably only get to 3 or 4 kgs over my pre-preg weight by the end of it...she hit the roof. Said I should be actively trying to lose weight, that I'd be doing my baby a favour if I starved myself for the next 5 months as I am carrying enough "nutrition" for us both to be healthy if I have nothing but water! I kid you not!! She feels I should aim to lose at least a kilo a week for the remainder of my pregnancy so I should be 30 kg lighter by the end than when I started.

Has anyone else encountered this kinda attitude? I was told previously that not gaining the usual 10-15kg is ok when bigger, but NEVER have I been encouraged to diet whilst pregnant before.....I feel so deflated what should I do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz77 View Post
    Hi ladies,

I am in my third pregnancy, never had any issues due to my weight (except being rejected from one hospital!)

yesterday I went to my dr appointment at the hospital and had the rudest b!t#h I have ever encountered! She carried on about my BMI and made me stand on the scales, made me strip to my underwear so she could listen to my chest etc. all with a male student in the room! I was horrified.....left absolutely distraught in tears.....I explained that I have lost about 5 kgs so far and will probably only get to 3 or 4 kgs over my pre-preg weight by the end of it...she hit the roof. Said I should be actively trying to lose weight, that I'd be doing my baby a favour if I starved myself for the next 5 months as I am carrying enough "nutrition" for us both to be healthy if I have nothing but water! I kid you not!! She feels I should aim to lose at least a kilo a week for the remainder of my pregnancy so I should be 30 kg lighter by the end than when I started.

Has anyone else encountered this kinda attitude? I was told previously that not gaining the usual 10-15kg is ok when bigger, but NEVER have I been encouraged to diet whilst pregnant before.....I feel so deflated what should I do??
    Shaz, that is disgraceful! I am quite overweight and have been for all of my 4 pregnancies, and even with complications (GDD, high BP) I have NEVER been spoken to like that. In addition its not correct - you should not be losing weight during pregnancy as far as I am aware!

Everything you have been told sounds utterly ridiculous in my view and I would be changing my carers if I were you. You need to eat properly, regardless of what weight you are!!!! Your baby needs nutrients to grow properly!!! Go and get some better advice from somewhere, even a dietician who can tell you what you should be eating during pregnancy!

I cannot describe how angry that makes me, that you have been treated like that. Just disgusting. Please get some advice somewhere else, and you will feel a LOT better, and will be able to approach your pregnancy with realistic expectations re food intake!!!

Good luck and keep us updated as to how you get on! You should consider complaining about that too, to the hospital in question (clinic or whatever).

DO NOT LISTEN TO RUBBISH LIKE THAT!!!

Jac

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JNW For This Useful Post:

auntyg  (07-02-2015),PreggasSarah  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey girls,

Just wondering how you have all gone with ultrasounds. I had one at 19 weeks and they couldnt get good enough images of the heart so I had to go back today. Today's didnt seem any better (and the guy was a bit rude but you get that) and the images still arent that clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jodizzle View Post
    Congratulations brismummytobe, you are certainly in for some exciting (and nerve racking) times. I must have had a good obstetrician because not once ever during the pregnancy or birth was my weight or diet ever spoken about. It was more something that played on my mind as I had read other people's experiences with rude midwives etc. I expected I might end up with GD but everything was perfect, I expected some kind of change to my blood pressure, but it was perfect the whole way through even during the birth when I was induced. Bub's heart beat was fine the whole way through and even during the birth, in fact I think he was quite content on staying there as long as possible.
    As long as you have a doctor you feel comfortable with you will be ok. I would not persist seeing a Dr if I didn't feel comfortable with them. One thing is for sure there are no amount of books or advice you can read that actually prepares you for the birth or the first couple of weeks after it. It is such a learning experience! A wonderful one but hard none the less!
    I ended up having a c section and bub and I just had our 6 week check up. I have healed extremely well (was up and about 2 weeks after, very neat scar) and our little one is the perfect bill of health. I was also told I should still be able to give giving birth naturally a go next time so it really has been a good experience (minus the MS!!)

Have you found an OB yet?
    Thanks for the advice jodizzle!! I haven't found an OB yet - was waiting until my first appt with dr next week after blood tests and then discuss options with him..... There's a visiting OB attached to my dr surgery - but i don't know anything about him...
    Are you in Bris? Can you recommend any OB's???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    hey girls,

Just wondering how you have all gone with ultrasounds. I had one at 19 weeks and they couldnt get good enough images of the heart so I had to go back today. Today's didnt seem any better (and the guy was a bit rude but you get that) and the images still arent that clear.
    Hey. The same thing happened at mine. She wouldnt move in the right spot and they couldnt get all the pics needed of the heart so I had to go back a week later, and all was good. The images were fairly clear because I had excess fluid.

I wouldnt put up with the guy being rude either, thats not on.

Good luck with it!

Jac

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thought I would pop by and say Hi. I am almost 13 weeks pg and am quite overweight and I am finding that people treat you very differently eg obstetrician has already given me a referral for a glucose challenge as I had GD with my last pg and he is predicting due to my age and weight that it will be worst this time round. I have a hard time keeping most foods and drinks down (even at this late stage), so I have been putting it off, so I don't it all up and then have to do it all over again.

Anyway, had my NT scan a few days ago. The u/s operator was OK but god she pushed down on my pubic bone so much I am now bruised. I feel she pushed harder because there was more tissue, so to speak. What made it worse was that I ended up having 4 separate u/s that afternoon as bubs was in the wrong position for the nuchal measurement. One was an internal one - how pleasant. So feeling battered and bruised. My bubs is the perfect size for gestation, so I am thinking of telling my obs, I will do the normal 3 hr gd test after 20 weeks.

So anyway, just like to say Hi. I don't have anything in common with my monthly due date group, so thought I would drop in here, as it seems like I may go through some discrimination (I feel I may have already experienced some from my obs - you should have seen the look on his face when he say my huge stomach when he did a short u/s).

Kayan

Michplus3 is offline 2 Beautiful boys are expecting a new sibling!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!!!

I have a wedding to go to 2 weeks before im due! And im just wondering if anyone knows of a good website where I can look at dresses?? Im about a size 18-20, and cant find anything anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Michelle

xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBullFrogBoys View Post
    Hi Ladies!!!

I have a wedding to go to 2 weeks before im due! And im just wondering if anyone knows of a good website where I can look at dresses?? Im about a size 18-20, and cant find anything anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Michelle

xoxo
    i was supossed to be a bridesmaid around 3 weeks b4 but the %$&#* said not now cause i was pregnant.. some people are rude... Anyway.. lol

http://www.maternityrevolution.com.a...spx?Category=5

http://www.motherhood.com/maternity/dresses.asp

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Club feet??

Hi All,

It's been quite a while since I was last on the forum, things have been crazy busy! I hope you're all doing well! I am 20wks + 3 days with my first pregnancy and went to have my mid-term ultrasound 2 weeks ago (which I thought was a bit early, and so did the sonographer). We were thrilled to find out that we're having a boy! The sonographer was great although she did push very hard and I ended up having bruising and was quite sore for a couple of days after, has anyone else experienced this? I have to go back in a weeks time as she couldn't quite get good measurements of the legs, feet and fingers as the resolution wasn't so great - she queried clubfeet, but wasn't sure as could have been the way bubba was positioned. Has anyone had any experience with club foot? I'm not too worried as is completely treatable, however just wanted to know if anyone had any info?

I still struggle day to day with not being able to visibly notice my baby bump, although I sure can feel him! I think I started to feel movement about a month ago, although it's not really regular yet. I am really big (140kgs) and was wondering if you ladies who have had babies before could advise when you started feeling kicks and if your partners were able to feel them at all?

On the upside I had my 20wk OB appointment last Friday which I was very nervous about given my size and the doctor made no mention of it whatsoever, told me not to worry about the queried clubfeet and to enjoy my pregnancy. I was so elated after that visit as was the first time my partner and I heard his heartbeat!

Anyway, I have a tendency to blab on. Hope you're all doing wonderfully and enjoying this amazing time! Thanks for letting me share!