Closed Thread
Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak is he wearing tightish briefs? And maybe he should wear a pad / I know sounds silly but my DH wore the tight briefs and pad to help keep it all compact. With TESA did they take a large biopsy? Because he should have probably been better by now. Maybe there is an infection or a haematoma developing. Might need to get him checked up if he's not 100% - it's nothing serious but worth looking into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jenniwithanl no tight briefs he is wearing just PJ pants (if that makes sense) and have ice on top of it. By pad do you mean women's pad for her time of the month?

Not sure what a large biopsy is but they took samples from both sides and I believe 2 were taken from both sides.

The dr said it is not haematoma but may be an infection so I am calling him back tomorrow morning to tell him how he is going. He got me to take a photo and send it to him so he could see how it is healing. If infection he will give him antibiotics. He has got him on pain medication 2 tablets every 6 hours today (have got my alarm set so not to forget ... even at 3AM!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    Hi girls, just catching up on the thread. What does BT mean? Sometimes i think I'm too early for these threads as we haven't really started any "procedures" as such. but I'm glad i found it and started reading your stories. I think i will be better emotionally and not so confused if we get a bad result from DP's TESA. Flinders Fert rang my DP yesterday as for some reason they had him booked in for his TESA on the 3rd Feb and the 3rd March.....When he told me i was like....well wanna go in on the 3rd of Feb so i can get the results faster as this waiting game is killing me. He's not so keen though. He's not real keen on going in when he's meant to . I think not only isis he worried about the after pain but the results too. when we first started dating he ended up in hospital as he had developed a cyst in one of his testes (we've named him bob) which got infected. His urologist told him not to worry about testing his sperm as he couldn't see how it would affect it....if only we knew then what we know now hey...im so stressed at the moment..not only do i have this situation always at the back of my mind (can't help that as it seems to be pregnant ladies time at work and in general and my green eyed monster quietly seethes) but we have 11 days to vacate the rental were in and still have not yet secured another property.....im going to be running around today putting in applications for houses..why can't life just be easy.
    Yes we have all felt the compounding effects of life around us whilst we deal with this too. To put it into perspective, I took a day off on Friday and STILL my boss rang me at 9am to tell me something and I was lying down to have pre transfer acupuncture. If only he knew. No matter what you just have to keep going. Everything will work out.

Going early to get the answers may be best but whether it's Feb or March you will know what your path is soon enough. Sounds to me like the infection could have caused a blockage - fingers crossed for you guys there's plenty of sperm to be aspirated.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @Malak: sorry. I missed your earlier post! The percentage of success rate is based on medical history and what kind of azoo. By no mean accurate though. Eg: Bertie dh who always has 1 sperm in his ejaculation, the success rate is 80%. Histopathology also gives higher success rate. Maturation arrest less percentage and then Sertoli only. Genetic cause is in a different category.

For ivf, they just do BT and scan. Mainly the AMH (check your ovarian reserve), HIV, hep B and C etc. AMH is what I am worried the most as this gives an indication on how many good eggs you have left. They will decide on the drug based on that.

That's right. Who would have thought that having a baby is so difficult and impossible for some. Most of my friends just got preg and kept the pregnancy. Me and many ivfers went through the hard work, got preg and yet lost it. There is no right or wrong. Life just isn't fair. I was a good student at school and always believe that if you work hard, you will get what you want. Obviously, not in this infertility journey. But I hope we all get there eventually. I found that the azoo journey is in phases. Jenni, bertie and i have passed the phase of not knowing. Nothing we can do but to accept and move on. We just want a baby and enjoy the parenthood. I guess that's the reason dh decides not to do mTESE again given the chance of success is so low.

You and allykat are still at the beginning so have faith. You just never know. You could be the lucky one.
    @allykat: BT means blood test. You are welcome here. I have been on this thread since 2013 when we first found out about azoo. It is this thread leads us to syd. We didn't even start the whole process until the end of 2013. Long journey.
    @bbhope we were given a diagram by our FS that Sertoli is better than primary maturation arrest, but late maturation arrest is better than Sertoli based on the chances of finding sperms in the tubules??? I told the girls this but now wondering which one it is??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, they specifically told DH to wear brief to support the balls after the mTESE. I am not sure about TESA. LOL, Jenni, pad...i thought about that too and DH was like WTF?!

I am just reading off cornell urology website. TESE sperm retrieval rate: Hypospermatogensis (79%), maturation arrest (47%), sertoli cell only (24%). I think at late maturation arrest, tail has formed and motile/non-motile; early maturation arrest just means spermatid, baby sperm; sertoli cell only is germ cell aplasia. But some people have both sertoli cell only + maturation arrest. It really depends on how many pockets of seminiferous tubule are producing sperms. Despite DH has a good case in the end, he only has 1 tiny pocket that's producing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is wearing briefs now just to be on the safe side. He is still icing them as well.

He did say he will only do the mTESE once lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

@JenniwithanI: did I just read somewhere that u stopped taking crinone after bfp last time? Progesterone should never been stopped because sudden drop of progesterone level signals the body to start period. Mine was dropped for an unknown reason and then the chemical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @JenniwithanI: did I just read somewhere that u stopped taking crinone after bfp last time? Progesterone should never been stopped because sudden drop of progesterone level signals the body to start period. Mine was dropped for an unknown reason and then the chemical.
    Yes my FS told me to stop taking it. I'm not on it now either. They truly believe it makes no difference because my progesterone is apparently producing more than enough naturally. I have asked a number of times and have to go with what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Ya. I don't know what to say. I guess sometime U just have to trust what they say. Weaning off drug is better than sudden withdrawal, though. I am kinda scare about the fluctuation on the level as it seems my body is just too sensitive to it.

Feeling anything on day 2?
    Last edited by bbhope; 31-01-2015 at 17:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know my DH was a little embarrassed about the pad :-) but it worked