Closed Thread
Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @DeterminedOne: you did. I remember the night sobbing in the hotel room toilet on our vacation last year and you comforted me about the donor stuff. At the time, DH wasn't keen in using donor. Remember, the movie stars analogy?

Yes, it is hard not to get jealous about those gals on the Perth thread. That's why i left (or rarely post anything). Even mentioning donor is like a taboo subject.

I hear you about all the waiting and stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well girls, now I've officially joined the PUPO group, again!

Transferred a beautiful five day expanded blastocyst on a natural cycle. They said the lining was lovely and thick thank goodness. In it went and it's just gorgeous. But they said there he is! Can they determine gender without doing the tests? Or is it just a general term?

Just a lovely feeling. I am going to hold off from POS until my BT on 10/02. It's too much of a mind game.
    @bbhope how are you feeling - anymore more niggles??
    @DeterminedOne you always have to have hope. There are definitely different percentages but they don't really know until they open up. If I can just say, we have all been there but moving forward has been very healing. I am excited again today when only 6 weeks ago I was balling my eyes out when told I was going to lose it. The roller coaster eh!
    @Malak so sorry sweetie we have all been there. Get your prognosis and decided on way forward. Give your hubby a big hug he's hurting physically and emotionally too.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah congrats Jenni! TWW buddy. Our clinic doesn't do BT until 16dpo, which drives me crazy! I was very patient the first time around, didn't POAS until official BT day (11dp5dt). I think the TWW gets harder after the first round for me. I didn't know what to expect the first time so I only know about the symptoms after the fact. So now, I am looking for it and get panic. So far, nada. It seems too early.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just catching up on the thread. What does BT mean? Sometimes i think I'm too early for these threads as we haven't really started any "procedures" as such. but I'm glad i found it and started reading your stories. I think i will be better emotionally and not so confused if we get a bad result from DP's TESA. Flinders Fert rang my DP yesterday as for some reason they had him booked in for his TESA on the 3rd Feb and the 3rd March.....When he told me i was like....well wanna go in on the 3rd of Feb so i can get the results faster as this waiting game is killing me. He's not so keen though. He's not real keen on going in when he's meant to . I think not only isis he worried about the after pain but the results too. when we first started dating he ended up in hospital as he had developed a cyst in one of his testes (we've named him bob) which got infected. His urologist told him not to worry about testing his sperm as he couldn't see how it would affect it....if only we knew then what we know now hey...im so stressed at the moment..not only do i have this situation always at the back of my mind (can't help that as it seems to be pregnant ladies time at work and in general and my green eyed monster quietly seethes) but we have 11 days to vacate the rental were in and still have not yet secured another property.....im going to be running around today putting in applications for houses..why can't life just be easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @allykat111 BT means blood test. Don't worry I am still learning about terms too. I just ask if not sure but FET still confuses me.

This thread is good to hear how people are going and what to expect etc.

DH had his TESA on Thursday and is still in pain. I have been on the phone to the urologist this morning and he has given me instructions for the day and then have to call him back tomorrow morning for how DH is going. The worst is it was meant to take 3 days to heal so he took 3 days off work. He was meant to go back tonight but now can't. What do you tell work? Obviously they don't want people knowing what they had done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: sorry. I missed your earlier post! The percentage of success rate is based on medical history and what kind of azoo. By no mean accurate though. Eg: Bertie dh who always has 1 sperm in his ejaculation, the success rate is 80%. Histopathology also gives higher success rate. Maturation arrest less percentage and then Sertoli only. Genetic cause is in a different category.

For ivf, they just do BT and scan. Mainly the AMH (check your ovarian reserve), HIV, hep B and C etc. AMH is what I am worried the most as this gives an indication on how many good eggs you have left. They will decide on the drug based on that.

That's right. Who would have thought that having a baby is so difficult and impossible for some. Most of my friends just got preg and kept the pregnancy. Me and many ivfers went through the hard work, got preg and yet lost it. There is no right or wrong. Life just isn't fair. I was a good student at school and always believe that if you work hard, you will get what you want. Obviously, not in this infertility journey. But I hope we all get there eventually. I found that the azoo journey is in phases. Jenni, bertie and i have passed the phase of not knowing. Nothing we can do but to accept and move on. We just want a baby and enjoy the parenthood. I guess that's the reason dh decides not to do mTESE again given the chance of success is so low.

You and allykat are still at the beginning so have faith. You just never know. You could be the lucky one.
    @allykat: BT means blood test. You are welcome here. I have been on this thread since 2013 when we first found out about azoo. It is this thread leads us to syd. We didn't even start the whole process until the end of 2013. Long journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: he shouldn't walk around. My DH was a couch potato for 5 days. But that's for mTESE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope all he did was walk to the kitchen to get some food (I was still asleep at that time and when I heard him woke up and he got in trouble lol) so only a few mins and was in pain.

He is now worried how much time he will need off for the mTESE.

Maybe he should just tell work his wife kicked him in the balls . When he rang he just said he was really sick but was a girl ... he works with guys. He is just worried because was meant to be a secret.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just say he got hit by a baseball or something. I think he should just take leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The urologist has been great he said he will give him as much time off as he needs. DH just feels bad taking the time off work.