Closed Thread
Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak I am so sorry to hear this news. Enjoy your two days together lots of cuddle time.

It takes me back to February last year - I cried and cried. It would be good to know what the problem is. With my DH as you know no sperm at either and he also tried sperm hope but had paid the $260 in desperation - that was a sad night for us - and he was told by the sperm hope that primary maturation arrest sperm hope doesn't work. If testosterone is high it works to suppress it but in dh case he was normal with everything.

He still took sperm hope and sure enough it didn't work - his heart also stopped in mTESE and him taking sperm hope dos cross my mind did because it's not approved by the medical authorities.
    @bbhope you are PUPO!! Amazing! Congratulations hon. I think everything will go fine. I have a good feeling. I will be PUPO tomorrow we can do the tww together.

AFM, 5daytransfer tomorrow woohoo! Fx it sticks this time. I found out my gradings on embryo's and doesn't give me any answers to why the first one didn't stick because it was A grade but we have 3xA grade, 3xB grade and 2xC day all 5d blastocysts. fX there is our baby in all of those embies.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jenniwithanl there are so many terms I confused at times. Is primary maturation arrest the same as steroli only? Or is it different? DH had high FSH which I believe from my research sperm hope does help but what you have said has given me something to look in to.

I took the news alot better than when told zero sperm probably because in my mind I knew they wouldn't find anything. However if they find nothing at mTESE I won't take it that well. Even though we knew the possibility of finding something today was slim DH was hoping they would find something.

While I was waiting today I was reading about natural FET I was wondering why you decided on natural and do you think that natural gives you a better chance of success than a drug forced one?

My wishes are with @bbhope & @Jenniwithanl for BFP soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak - my hubby didn't have high FSH and he didn't have low he had normal. Every test you can think of was normal which is why they thought blockage. When they did TESA they found nothing and diagnosed primary maturation arrest which is different to Sertoli cell syndrome. Out of the two you won't Sertoli cell as there is more chance of finding sperms. In primary arrest they basically don't divide at all which means no sperms make it through any of tubules. Hence the very low chances of success with MTESE.

Sperm hope may have a higher chance with high FSH and high testosterone but not when they are normal.

As for natural FET to be vey honest I didn't request it. I was just told by FS that's what his recommendation was. As I have been given clean bill of health with exception of thyroid, they are hoping my body will naturally do its thing. Who knows. I guess we'll know after this. I did have a BFP after the IVF fresh transfer so hopefully it will happen again and stick this time. I hoping more iron and less stress from drugs, the mTESE results, heart stopping and Ivf process itself will help but who knows. Only nature will play its part now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry typo out of the two you WANT Sertoli cell or secondary maturation arrest not primary maturation arrest

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DeterminedOne hang in there hon. The key is just to always have a plan and something to work towards. It gets easier. And we're all in it together x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, Malak. This journey isn't easy for sure. I cried so much in the last 2.5 years and slipped into depression after the first chemical. My life stands still throughout this journey. But when finally moved on, I feel hope. I hope a miracle for you and do not have to go through what we are going through!

My DH BTs are normal as well but on either high or low end of normal. Most of the men with his condition are low count not zero! He has a good case (late maturation arrest) but it doesn't look like his balls have many function tubules that are producing sperms. Thus, poor prognosis. DrG used to believe in inhibin B level as indicator of success rate for mTESE. I am not sure what recent finding on this topic is. The last i spoke to FS is that they have found sperms of some men with minimal inhibin B level. This again proves that no single case is the same until you do the mTESE. If you are curious, perhaps get him tested?
    Last edited by bbhope; 29-01-2015 at 21:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Just catching up. I'm sorry to hear, Malak. Sometime miracle does happen. xx Also, they are right. Fresh cycle is encouraged to go along side with the mTESE. That's what we did.
    @DeterminedOne: I stop going onto the Perth BH IVF thread now since no one can relate what we are going through. No offense but it just seems too easy for them. Some have gone onto having second kid since the time I am on there. You actually didn't realize that you have given me courage about the donor since my loss last year.

Didn't you say that you have an appt with FS? Why don't you ask him yourself about the mTESE? Ask him if he is performing "micro-dissection testicular sperm extraction". I didn't speak to Dr. Y and R myself. I was seeing DrJ via Pivet and I'm 100% sure that she only does TESE. I specifically asked about it. She didn't mention anyone else and I didn't ask (i vaguely remember). She was the best andrologist in Perth. I wanted someone who specialized in male infertility as well as experienced in such procedure to do it. I just assumed if she doesn't do it, no one does. I also asked around on BH and only her name came up. Besides, I was only interested in mTESE so we shifted our focus to the east coast. When I consulted with DrG in Sydney, he immediately thought of DrJ as well.

Good luck @JenniwithanI tmr for the FET!!!!!
    @bbhope wow!! I had no idea that I'd made you feel that way 😊 it's nice to know I've given something back to you as you also have helped me 💞

To be honest I don't blame you for leaving Perth BH IVF as your right they truly don't understand how or what we are going through! And to be honest I'm a little jealous when I read there post because it brings on the feeling like why us and why can we be like them 😔

Yes we have an app next week I will be going through everything with the FS and if they say they don't do mTESE I will flip my lid!!! Because I rang and confirmed that they did do this procedure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniwithanI View Post
    @DeterminedOne hang in there hon. The key is just to always have a plan and something to work towards. It gets easier. And we're all in it together x
    Thanks @Jenniwithanl 💞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniwithanI View Post
    @Malak - my hubby didn't have high FSH and he didn't have low he had normal. Every test you can think of was normal which is why they thought blockage. When they did TESA they found nothing and diagnosed primary maturation arrest which is different to Sertoli cell syndrome. Out of the two you won't Sertoli cell as there is more chance of finding sperms. In primary arrest they basically don't divide at all which means no sperms make it through any of tubules. Hence the very low chances of success with MTESE.

Sperm hope may have a higher chance with high FSH and high testosterone but not when they are normal.

As for natural FET to be vey honest I didn't request it. I was just told by FS that's what his recommendation was. As I have been given clean bill of health with exception of thyroid, they are hoping my body will naturally do its thing. Who knows. I guess we'll know after this. I did have a BFP after the IVF fresh transfer so hopefully it will happen again and stick this time. I hoping more iron and less stress from drugs, the mTESE results, heart stopping and Ivf process itself will help but who knows. Only nature will play its part now.
    @Jenniwithanl this post has brought back some HOPE that we just maybe lucky enough to get a miracle ✨ when we have talked to FS she said so many different percentages on the chance of finding sperm every time I don't know what to think first it was 25% then 10% then 1% 😔 so you saying that has restored a bit of faith. I really can't wait to see FS next week we have been on this journey since July 2012 and we haven't even done a cycle YET!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jenniwithanl that is good that atleast some results are better than others

@DererminedOne I really do hope that they do mTESE and have not been wasting your time. What about sending them an email and asking them if they do the procedure.

DH's urologist rang this morning and told us what we already knew that there was no obvious signs of sperm. He said that it will be put under the microscope and that the results should be back by late Monday afternoon. Atleast then we will know what we are dealing with.

Yesterday when I was waiting I was reading this article about the radio host Mel who has endo. Anyway she made a very valid point which made me feel sad. You always think it is human nature that having a child is so easy. You don't expect to be told it is not as easy as you thought (or in some people's cases not possible at all).

I really do wonder how they come up with the %'s since what I read was that they don't know until they open them up if there will be sperm or not.

What kind of testing do they do for women to check them out for pregnancy/IVF? Also how long does that take? We have 6 months to do the next step for me. I am thinking after we get the results will go back to the FS and chat with her about our next step. The good thing was yesterday when the scientist asked who our FS was and I told him he said "She is really nice, I love her". So that was nice to hear