Closed Thread
Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The news from the scientist is there is no sperm. It has been sent off to pathology for further testing and the dr will caĺl with the results. The scientist said pathology may find baby sperm because they do more tests.

He also said one dr in Brisbane does mTESE and he is really good. Also said with mTESE not to do a freeze do eggs same day because freeze and unfreeze generally do not work because may be only 1 sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    The news from the scientist is there is no sperm. It has been sent off to pathology for further testing and the dr will caĺl with the results. The scientist said pathology may find baby sperm because they do more tests.

He also said one dr in Brisbane does mTESE and he is really good. Also said with mTESE not to do a freeze do eggs same day because freeze and unfreeze generally do not work because may be only 1 sperm.
    Hi girls I've been a bit quite of late! Just trying to deal with a few things...I find that when I'm on bubhub I get so emotionally tied it wears me out and does my head in..also because nothing's really happening atm until our app next week.
    @Malak I'm sorry for the news I remember it like yesterday when we found out. However u do mentioned one sperm....hun that's all you need
    Good luck 🍀

I'm interested to know what the drs name is in brizzy? If you don't mind...I'm confused as to what pivet offer here in Perth? When I asked the question if they did mTESE she said yes but I'm not sure as bbhope has said she thought they didn't do it? DH has had aspiration and biopsy.
    I've been told the same thing re eggs same day as mTESE I actually had to change clinics because of this the other clinic had set days for egg retrieval and mTESE.
    @bbhope my fingers are crossed for you so very tight praying that you get a BBBFP hun you've worked so hard at this surely it's your turn to be sprinkled actually I mean showered 🚿🚿🚿in baby dust ✨✨✨

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne sorry maybe I wrote that wrong. We don't have 1 sperm. I was just talking about what the scientist said. We will be using Dr Eric Chung he is the only one who does it in Brisbane. Good luck with your appointment next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne sorry maybe I wrote that wrong. We don't have 1 sperm. I was just talking about what the scientist said. We will be using Dr Eric Chung he is the only one who does it in Brisbane. Good luck with your appointment next week
    Ohh sorry I read that wrong too I may just do a bit of research on him thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problem @DererminedOne. We are thinking of trying "sperm hope" before we do mTESE. Even though not an approved drug they have had success but you need it for 6 months. I might email them tonight and ask for their successes with high FSH before I definitely decide.

Because of all the reading I had done DH and I knew that they probably wouldn't find anything for the TESA but were hopeful.

I am grateful though that I get 2 days off work on carers leave to look after the hubby

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak has your DH been diagnosed with steroli cell only? What's DH FSH level?
    Sperm hope I'm going to check that out now 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne Not yet. That is part of what today was ... to find sperm and/or what the cause is. I really would not be surprised if it comes back as steroli cell only. His FSH is around 40ish (yep extremely high). I have read of someone with FSH of 43 (I think) where they found sperm at mTESE. From memory they did a freeze so no BFP for them . Has your DH got steroli cell?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne Not yet. That is part of what today was ... to find sperm and/or what the cause is. I really would not be surprised if it comes back as steroli cell only. His FSH is around 40ish (yep extremely high). I have read of someone with FSH of 43 (I think) where they found sperm at mTESE. From memory they did a freeze so no BFP for them . Has your DH got steroli cell?
    DH FSH is 28 high but not that high...it's said in the paper work I have that predominantly steroli cell only pattern but further opinion has been requested. He also has boarder line low testosterone at 8.2

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH testosterone is in the normal range just ... I think it was 10 from memory

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just catching up. I'm sorry to hear, Malak. Sometime miracle does happen. xx Also, they are right. Fresh cycle is encouraged to go along side with the mTESE. That's what we did.
    @DeterminedOne: I stop going onto the Perth BH IVF thread now since no one can relate what we are going through. No offense but it just seems too easy for them. Some have gone onto having second kid since the time I am on there. You actually didn't realize that you have given me courage about the donor since my loss last year.

Didn't you say that you have an appt with FS? Why don't you ask him yourself about the mTESE? Ask him if he is performing "micro-dissection testicular sperm extraction". I didn't speak to Dr. Y and R myself. I was seeing DrJ via Pivet and I'm 100% sure that she only does TESE. I specifically asked about it. She didn't mention anyone else and I didn't ask (i vaguely remember). She was the best andrologist in Perth. I wanted someone who specialized in male infertility as well as experienced in such procedure to do it. I just assumed if she doesn't do it, no one does. I also asked around on BH and only her name came up. Besides, I was only interested in mTESE so we shifted our focus to the east coast. When I consulted with DrG in Sydney, he immediately thought of DrJ as well.

Good luck @JenniwithanI tmr for the FET!!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (29-01-2015)