Closed Thread
Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope thanks . I am excited and nervous at the same time.
    @allykat111 I don't think they will know straight away but will know that day. You might be able to get them to call you as soon as they have checked for sperm. Our urologist said the first thing they do is look for sperm. Then if sperm is found half is stored fo IVF and half is sent for testing. He said the results come back in 3 days. I am going to ask if he can ring as soon as they have checked for sperm. Don't like my chances of that happened but I figure may as well ask.
    @Jenniwithanl is a natural cycle when they don't use drugs to bring on AF?
    @bbhope hope everything is going well with you in Sydney

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Malak: natural cycle means not using drugs. You just wait until u ovulate and then count 5 days to go in for a transfer. This is assumed it is a day 5 blast. It is also when blast arrives in uterus during the natural conception. 3 days transfer is slightly unnatural because at day 3, embie isn't at uterus just yet.

I am doing ok. Just hanging in there and try to stay positive. Fx that we have two so I can proceed with the transfer. ATM, only one is making good progress. The others are a bit behind.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... hope you're going well? Is that day 3 results, that you're saying only one is progressing well - what are the cells of the others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie: yes, day 3 results. The fertilization rate is very good (7/8). It proves that good sperms make a different. The lab gal didn't sound too excited when she called so my stomach started to turn after a second or two. The other 3 were odd cell number (7, i think). I was quite dishearten after she told me that they were slow and completely forgot to ask how they look. If there was any fragmentation or not. To be honest, I would be happy to just have 1 blast for transfer but given the problem with "blob", I am hoping to have 2 so I don't have to make the hard decision of transfer or not. I don't want to waste the only precious embie. FX that the slow ones pull through........I would be disappointed if DH sperms have given us 2 blasts and donor sperms don't!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @Sariele: in regard to your previous post, if one believes that there is only 1 take home baby per cycle, why do we all go through IVF? Isn't that better off to try IUI since there is always an egg anyway.
    Cause with IUI there's only a small chance of fertilisation. With IVF you have an actual emby put inside you, so automatically your chances of success are much much higher.

And in our case, you waste much less donor sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

@Sariele: yes, i totally get the part of having a higher success rate with IVF. That's why I am so for it. But just looking at the statistic lately. I'm not sure if it worth the effort and $ more than IUI? Perth clinic is charging ~$700 per IUI. I'm paying OOP $4k+ (not factored in additional cost) for IVF per cycle. This is almost 6x of IUI! I am guessing if one tries to factor out the MIF, one would be pregnant within 6 cycles of IUI? It is less stress and quite natural as well. Too many variables per IVF cycle. On average, there arent' many people getting 2 blasts per IVF cycle. So it is also like 1 shot only with a slightly higher chance (this is also based on my personal experience, see below).

It isn't that I've a choice with IUI in Perth at this stage. If i remember correctly, our syd clinic charges quite a lot for IUI. Almost the same as a FET cycle. Perhaps to discourage people to do that and go straight to IVF.

AFM, I an hoping 2 blasts for 2 reasons. 1) in case "blob" really hinders implantation so we have a second chance; 2) after all the efforts throwing in, it better be more than one chance per cycle, right? Anyway, just as expected, the slow ones remain slow. We had 1 blast ready at transfer. Since it looks good, FS didn't think we should freeze it so we went ahead with the transfer. And FX (pray hard) that it finds a different place to settle! They haven't told me if the rest are good to freeze. I'm still hoping 1 of them pull through.

@MGCBertie: i read back your post. I am surprised that they froze your morulas. They said that they will look at it by the end of today and if they aren't developed to full blast, they won't even consider freezing them. 1 of mine is at early blast.
    Last edited by bbhope; 28-01-2015 at 23:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope hope all goes well for you. When is your transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: should have used past tense. Done and now onto the tww. Was planning to take more time off to rest but it looks like have to save that if this cycle doesn't work. I need some serious surgeries.....fx not going into that. Please work my way for once!

All the best for TESA!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope good luck on your tww.

DH is now getting his TESA done. I should get something to eat but can't eat at the moment since I am nervous. They said that they have scientists on site so I guess that means we will know today if they find any sperm (not hopeful but would be nice). I think the results take 3 days to come back so hopefully we can get an appointment for the FS next week

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    U just never know! Fx!