Closed Thread
Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I need your opinion. My DH has made a very valid point. He wants to know what the point of the TESA is if potentially he will have to do the mTESE anyway. What he is wondering is should he not do the TESA and go straight to the mTESE?

He thinks they just do the TESA as in you are paying money for nothing.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    TESA is more like a test. To see what you guys are dealing with. If they do find sperms with TESA, you don't need mTESE, which is a dream case for everyone. In my DH case, there is a known cause for his azoospermia so we know that it is unlikely that they will find any with TESA and thus we went straight to mTESE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went straight to MTESE as well...TESE wasn't even suggested

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did both. TESA because they originally thought DH had blockage and they would find sperms. They found nothing and diagnosed primary maturation arrest - the worst form. Gave us a 1% chance and told to try mTESE but we had to then wait six months and eventually did our first cycle of IVF to marry up with mTESE which as you know didn't result in the 1% miracle. Cost was $1700 for TESA because they put him under as well to take biospy and then $4.5k for mTESE 2x2k (pay per ball) essentially plus anesethist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still waiting this end. One more BT tomorrow and hopefully a transfer date following tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope how did EPU go today hon?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

To add what jenni said, she is probably right on the $. My dh only has one cut.

AFM, everything is being dampened by the discovery of "blob" on my lining. I give it a nickname. FS and I had a discussion. The only hope would be having more than one blast so we can try our luck to put one back in and have other(s) as back up. If this is the case, expect less of it unfortunately. Blob is feeding off my blood supply on the lining. There is no partial refund if no transfer. The decision will be extremely hard if we only get one. I don't want to think about it. Just one step at a time. Will see what the fertilisation rate is. Good number. 8 mature. Better than I expected but u know about this ivf roller coaster ride.
    @JenniwithanI: hopefully surge today and u get the transfer next week!
    Last edited by bbhope; 24-01-2015 at 07:01.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (24-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    To add what jenni said, she is probably right on the $. My dh only has one cut.

AFM, everything is being dampened by the discovery of "blob" on my lining. I give it a nickname. FS and I had a discussion. The only hope would be having more than one blast so we can try our luck to put one back in and have other(s) as back up. If this is the case, expect less of it unfortunately. Blob is feeding off my blood supply on the lining. There is no partial refund if no transfer. The decision will be extremely hard if we only get one. I don't want to think about it. Just one step at a time. Will see what the fertilisation rate is. Good number. 8 mature. Better than I expected but u know about this ivf roller coaster ride.
    @JenniwithanI: hopefully surge today and u get the transfer next week!
    Thanks @bbhope ANOTHER BT on Monday but they said I am right on the cusp so they need to pinpoint day now to line up five day transfer. I personally think I ovulated today but they need to be 100% sure.

As for you - 8 mature is fantastic! You thought it would be less so that's a great start. Just see what the next few days indicate. This blob thing - would it impact successful implantation?

Girls - Personal question: even though we know DH doesn't have sperms I have suggested we DTD anyway on these fertile days. Why not! :-) you never do know. But just out of interest could they tell on day if transfer if anything fertilised or was there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. The blob is the problem! The uterus needs to be in good receptive environment. FS said that it comes and goes. It might disappear on its own after a period. So it kinda suck that it happens to be appearing in my uterus this month! The cause is hormonal. Besides, i have no history to suggest getting one. I did procedures to clean out my uterus lining last year twice! That's why i am given the option of freeze all and come back for FET as having it lower the success rate of implantation. They can't control where the embie is going to implant. But if the embie decides to implant on the blob area, it will not work.

As for your personal question¸ there is no way they can tell if there is anything fertilized! Otherwise, no one has to wait for the beta test. BTW, did you do a scan?
    Last edited by bbhope; 24-01-2015 at 14:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No scan - I asked why haven't I had a scan and they said the FS hasn't requested it as part of the cycle. So I rang FS, and receptionist said its not protocol with a natural cycle. After a lengthy conversation she eventually asked did I want a scan and I said no. I guess I'll just do what they say but it did surprise me. How am I meant to know if something is not right?!

They seem to feel everything will go smoothly though.

Bb - maybe see how many mature and if a few - maybe you could just see about transferring a slightly lower grade Embie in as apparently they do that in fresh cycle to see which ones are the really strong ones for subsequent FET as the environment is typically better for FET without all the IVF drugs. But really what would I know!

X