Closed Thread
Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh girls - I do hope they don't cancel your cycles! Dr G should be able to be a bit flexible if you have to stim for a bit longer. We really wanted to be able to pin down when the surgery would be so DH could arrange the time off work. But IVFA just would NOT comment on when it might be until 2 day before when they told me to trigger etc. So Dr G had to be scheduled in with not much notice. He seemed cool with that, as in that's how they do it.

I hope you get some great eggs & everything is fine, both of you. This is all stressful enough.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Really peonies? We are booked in for Friday and as far as I know that's the day and that's it. I didn't know they could be flexible with it?? Hopefully things will be right tomorrow when I go for another scan and we can go in on Friday as planned. It's awful to get yourself worked up and ready for something to have it cancelled. I just want to get it over with and start to deal with the situation that we and up with.

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so funny because they wouldn't book it in for us, they would only be flexible. We wanted to have more of an idea when it might be and nobody would be drawn. Everybody (including Dr G) just said that he fits in with how my cycle goes. And that was what happened. It was on a Friday, as it turned out, which was good for recovery. DH took the whole next week off, but the following Fri was Good Fri anyway, so he got extra time for recovery. He was all good though.

I am okay thanks. 8dpo today - trying not to read too much into symptoms & things, but really hopful that this month is the one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

My fingers and toes are crossed for you 😀

Oh we'll I suppose I'll find it all out tomorrow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies.... I so hope it works for you this month. You have given me such great support and enthusiasm since I've joined here, so you really deserve a reward very soon (I don't think any of us will mind a screaming baby!! hehe)

My EPU + DH's micro-dissection is planned for next Monday, with Wednesday as a back-up if I go over. However, Dr G, Prof I, as well as half the FSs in the country, are all going to an IVF conference in Melbourne from Fri 22 - Mon 25 Feb, and that's been on the cards from the very beginning, hence why I only have to then for my body to get it together. Anyhow, I go for the extra BT tomorrow morning, so I'll find out then what's happening for me too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

We are going ahead for Friday! Had another u/s today and the follies weren't much bigger they didn't recommend going ahead but the other nurses much of thought differently. So have trigger tonight last injection for a while thankfully!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosouls.... good luck with your EPU and DH's micro-dissection on Friday. Did they say exactly how many follies and what sizes they are?

I still kind of think that there's such an element of hit and miss here. Even though this is my third cycle, they still don't seem to know exactly what will work. I had a BT this morning, and both Prof I and a nurse rang to say that my hormone levels aren't going higher at the rate that they were hoping, but that they were still moving higher. That said, they decided to keep me on the same gonal F and Syranel dosages. I said again, how we've only got next Mon or Wed to have it happen, as Dr G goes away to the conference on the Fri, and they agreed it's not likely to happen on Monday, so hopefully Wed. Still, I got off the phone and thought that "hoping" for Wed didn't actually sound too hopeful. It just seems so pot luck!! Anyhow, I go for another BT and first scan on Fri morning, and depending on that will determine when second scan will be. Yep, I'm not surprised my hormone levels aren't moving much, as I've really not been feeling anything this round of injections, no tenderness, soreness or anything.

Oh well, it's so out of my hands, that's there's no point worrying. Looking forward to enjoying Valentine's Day dinner out with DH. Hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day dinner too. Hehe, DH not pleased that this Valentine's Day he has to abstain for Dr G and the micro-dissection next week!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Hehe I'm looking forward to a big dinner since we will be fasting from midnight on!!

I think I have about 12 follies 3 were really small about 6mm and the biggest one was 16mm with a lot around the 12 mark. So I don't think they will get many good eggs from them. I guess they know what they are doing so if they think its ok it must be.

Ill be glad once this over and we have an answer.

They changed my doses around a bit and had to go back for 2 pregnol shots during it so I guess it is a but of hit and miss.

Have you rang about the donor list lately? I'm trying to hang off till next month till I try and ring again....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two Souls and MGC, keeping everything crossed for you!!! Hoping that everything goes really smoothly today Two Souls and Dr G finds lots of swimmers. Let us know how it all goes. MGC, must be so stressful but you've absolutely got the right attitude as there's nothing you can do to influence the outcome so just hope your body behaves and is ready on Wednesday!

We went to see Dr Perrson for a follow up appointment yesterday as we were waiting on the outcome of DH's Inhibin B test. Unfortunately it came back lower than 10, so Dr P doesn't like our chances of finding sperm, but we will still go ahead with surgery with Dr G as he has no stats on Inhibin B results and mumps patients (that's the cause of my DH's NOA), and we both need the peace of mind of having tried everything we can. I smiled to myself when Dr P mentioned that they were doing this procedure on Friday - because I knew he was talking about you Two Souls!

Booked to see Dr G on 1st March again - we've had every test and scan under the sun now so hopefully all we need to do is lock in the dates! Worried about seeming lack of flexibility, surely they have to work around your cycle and they can't cancel it because you don't fit in line with the schedule?!

Peonies, hoping this is your month and you get a BFP v soon! I imagine the 2ww is just the worst...