Closed Thread
Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bbhope... hey, did you manage to get Dr M to do a mid-week infusion, or did you end up going elsewhere?
    Yes, I did. I begged G to fit me in as I really would like to do it 7--10 days before the transfer (if we get that far). I read on Dr Beer book that once the progesterone kicks in, the bad NK cells are activated. I am always put on high dose progesterone the day after EPU. DrM likes to use pessaries only after transfer. DrM happened to be around the corner of his priv consulting on a Tuesday. I guess he just stopped by the hospital on his way home.

BUT things haven't gone well on my end. They told me that it is likely I'll get the same number of eggs as last time despite having more follicles this time. ie if all follicles contain eggs. And then my lining is super thick! And this "blob" is growing on my lining. I was hoping that the perth clinic made a mistake on the scan but they didn't. Really!?? Hsyteroscopy with DrM last year didn't find any thing and my lining was lovely for the FET. Why now!?? This means that all the efforts and money spent on intralipid is simply a waste if we don't get to transfer. To add, just when you don't want to spend more money. My phone is dead. Sobbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hon don't despair. You just need one to work. Stay positive. Wait until you know what is going on after the egg retrieval. Maybe the lining will decrease after EPU.

Hang in there x sending big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniwithanI View Post
    Oh hon don't despair. You just need one to work. Stay positive. Wait until you know what is going on after the egg retrieval. Maybe the lining will decrease after EPU.

Hang in there x sending big hugs
    FS is already asking me if i want to freeze all this cycle (if we get embies).

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awful @bbhope. I'm so sorry. I really hope you get to transfer and bring home your baby sooner than later. Thinking of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only hope we could have is to wish for more than 1 blast. FX for that! If we have more than 1, we could try the luck to put one back in and expect less of it. But at least, it won't be a wasted cycle. There is no partial refund if no transfer. Sigh....i thought one less thing to worry about this cycle.

@MGCBertie: what are you doing this weekend? IVIG? Ha...would have met you if i am doing it this weekend. G is so nice to me. I called for an emergency question. I am not sure if it is her opinion or DrM because she told me that she couldn't get drM to call me back. They are interested to see the scan but I dont' have it, obviously.
    Last edited by bbhope; 22-01-2015 at 16:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... this time I'm having Intrallipids, as Dr M has decided to alternate between IVIG and Intrallipids for me, as he said they both doing slightly different things, and this way it covers all bases. It sorts of makes sense, but I did drive home thinking that he doesn't really know what to do for me, so is just hedging his bets!! Yes, would have been great to have bumped into you!!

It is sometimes so hard to get past G. Any other secretary would at least say they would pass the message on, but with G, I always get the feeling that Dr M isn't going to hear about it. Shaking head here, don't know what else to suggest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie: I just put in the faith and trust that G did talk to DrM and what she/he suggested is for my best interest. I will still take my FS word as she has gone above and beyond for me so far. I can only hope for a good outcome this time around. Fx!!!

DrM mentioned about neupogen to me. Ha....I pretended i know nothing. It sounded like there are good outcomes lately. I am doing intralipid because I feel the last embie isnt a fair go. I will re-evaluate this time. I have also made an appt to see the Perth dr who does intralipid upon return.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

@bbhope good luck tomorrow gorgeous all will work out.

I'm still waiting on ovulation surge. My third BT tomorrow and hopefully a date for transfer but we'll see. Looks like the 27th is more likely to be 28th or 29th, fx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope all is well for everyone

My DH's appointment for the TESA has been confirmed for Thursday eeek.

Question for you ... is it the same price regardless of if they biopsy one side or two sides?

Because they took so friggin long to do the appointment I needed to ring up and get a new referral from the FS. The urologist is so disorganised than I am glad we will be using a different one for the mTESE. Speaking of which does anyone remember how much the mTESE is so I can budget for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every clinic charges differently, you should ask them. Same goes with mTESE. Dr G price tag is twice the other FS. Not just dr fee. Theatre and anaesthetic. It is by per testicle as well. Maybe 3k+ minus medicare and phi rebates. Don't remember.