Closed Thread
Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To add, my DH hasn't done any since the mTESE! He feels normal and doesn't feel the need to do it.....men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance - I think I will get him to go and see his surgeon again just to be sure. He did the testosterone check before Christmas and he hasn't called it for results.... Men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @JenniwithanI: after my first chemical, i went through all the testing on auto-immune problem, NK cell etc to rule it out. I am seeing DrM on the side in sydney. The same immune doctor Bertie is seeing. My FS is very open minded about it all. A lot of FS don't believe in it so i have heard a lot of back fire comments from some other ladies when they brought it up to their FS.

My ANA came back above normal and NK cell BT and biopsy reveal borderline activity (high end of the normal range). To throw everything in for my last embie, I did intralipid infusion on top of the standard steroid and clexane injection therapy. Intralipid is a soy bean, milk product which the immune doctor claims to calm the NK cell activity so my immune system won't overeact and attack the embie, which it sees it as foreign object. There is a big debate about its effectiveness and some FS don't believe in the use of intralipid. I don't know what to think of it because there isn't enough data point to prove it one way or the other. I know three cases personally. One lady didn't get a BFP until she did the intralipid! She just gave birth few months ago. The second lady had have many miscarriages and only keeps on her pregnancy after the intralipid. The third lady didn't do intralipid. She has high NK cell activity (higher value than me). Clexane and steroid alone keeps her pregnancy on the first go. Obviously, embie needs to be viable in order for these to work. So I don't think my last embie is a fair go as we know that the quality is in question.

I was tossing up to do intralipid or not. It is a huge commitment. One has to do it every few weeks until way past first trimester. Because it isn't scientifically proven, medicare doesn't give rebate. It is $650 per infusion with DrM. He charges premium because he can. QLD and Melbourne people are only paying $200, i reckon. Since there is a dr who just started doing it in perth, I decided that I'll give it another go. After i've spent so much effort into this cycle, another $650 is nothing if it works!
    BB do you think it might be worth me seeing one of these doctors? With being on thyroxine they seem to think it was all ok but I do worry about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mixed emotions tonight - my brother rang to tell me after five years of trying and 4 rounds of unsuccessful IVF, my bro and sis in law are 13 weeks pregnant. I'm thrilled and screamed but deep down a little sad as if my Embie had lasted we would be having babies on the same due date. Ah boy.

It's lovely for my nephew who is turning 6 and will finally have a baby brother or sister. I guess anything is possible although not naturally for us. Fingers crossed we are not too far behind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JenniwithanI: you have thyroid problem which is one of the immune problems. But since you are being treated, you should be OK. It is the NK cell that is the hardest to deal with. Even with an open minded FS, my FS normally won't have tested all of the immune stuff until 3 recurrent miscarriages. She did it because it was my last embie. 1 chemical pregnancy isn't unusual but if it is recurrent, then it indicates underlying problem. To be honest, I really hope that all of my chemical pregnancies are just due to lousy embies and have nothing to do with my body. But it is still hard to get my head around why these two beautiful blasties can't turn into babies. I must be very unlucky.

If you are worried, you can test some basics. Your GP can order ANA test, blood clot test (i don't remember the name of it). I suspect you might be tested positive ANA. DrM said that my positive is due to the fact that I've chemical pregnancy not because I have auto-immune disease. But then, my body tends to over react like having hives easily. My FS is happy me to keep on trying the steroid and clexane protocol. I add intralipid on top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniwithanI View Post
    Mixed emotions tonight - my brother rang to tell me after five years of trying and 4 rounds of unsuccessful IVF, my bro and sis in law are 13 weeks pregnant. I'm thrilled and screamed but deep down a little sad as if my Embie had lasted we would be having babies on the same due date. Ah boy.

It's lovely for my nephew who is turning 6 and will finally have a baby brother or sister. I guess anything is possible although not naturally for us. Fingers crossed we are not too far behind.
    I know. It sucks big time. I have a similar story. My colleague wife, who i used to hang out regularly, was due about the same time as our first angle baby. It makes me so sad and wonder why they can carry on while we have to jump through IVF+mTESE and yet can't carry on. Normally, I am OK with another friends babies. I got over it at some points but I just couldn't face to see this particular colleague baby. We were forced to meet the baby at a work BBQ over the christmas break. She was so excited to finally see me again and wanted to sit next to me. DH was rather quiet and didn't make too much of eye contact and play with the baby. He isn't usually like that with other babies even after all the problem we are having. It does affect us somehow....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's strange, isn't it. Some babies will affect us a lot more than others. I wish I had something more comforting to say, but I'm sending you all big hugs and praying that it gets easier in the best possible way - with babies of your own. In the meantime, be kind to yourselves even when you're thinking unkind thoughts and feeling envious. It's normal and it's ok.
    We are currently on day one of the 2ww. Trying to keep very busy and hope the time will fly.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octonaut: didnt know that u r doing transfer! Wherabout if u dont mind me asking? I am looking for qlg patients. :-)

AFM, cant say i am excited but certainky more cheerful than the last time i got on the plane for all these.. The first scan freaked me out. It sounded like FS is going to sacrifice few of my dinosaur eggs. I hope i still get good number. I would be very disappointed if i have more follicles but same number of eggs as last time. ATM, hooking up IV drip for infusion until late tonight. This is prep for transfer and have to be done before EPU. So throwing the money and hope i get that far. Lining is a bit thick......and i hope the scan is wrong about a blob on the lining. Argg.....dont want to think about it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @bbhope! I had to fly for my treatment too. Our embies are with Flinders in Adelaide but we have moved away.
    How did your infusion go? How are you feeling now?
    Yes we had a transfer on Monday. Hoping we can add to our little family, but we are blessed to be in a position where if this doesn't work, we will be ok because of our three precious miracles already here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... hey, did you manage to get Dr M to do a mid-week infusion, or did you end up going elsewhere?