Closed Thread
Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, been reading a few posts. Interesting. Confusing. My DP is booked in for TESA on the 3rd March. Was meant to be next week but unfortunately Iv been having major health issues and had to have emergency surgery to take my gallbladder out. FS isn't keen to go ahead until I'm all healthy. My DP bloods all came back clear so FS thinks he may have a blockage due to the many years of motorbike riding and trauma. I'm so anxious as I know DP doesn't want DS. What's the recovery wait for DP? Iv taken the week off to look after him. He's been so good to me with my health, waiting on me hand and foot....in fact too good that I sent him to work after 3 days so I could get up and move around lol. I'm so glad flinders fertility in da have just majorly dropped their prices for all these procedures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @allykat111 sorry you have to join us here.

I will just mention that there are people that have normal blood work and have NOA. I am just saying that not to get your hopes up (yes very hard).

DH has his TESA end of the month hopefully. They can only confirm with hospital 4 days before *sigh*. Anyway our urologist said that the recovery time was 3 days and a would have 2 things in his hand ... th e TV remote and a bag of peas.

My DH won't consider DS either so I am nervous to if they will find some.

Honestly I don't think they ever know until they open them up because testing is not always everything. @hhbope's DH had normal tests and they didn't find any at TESA. From memory found 2 at mTESE.

It is good that your DH will do the surgery as some have trouble getting their husband's to do it. Mine will do anything probably more so because he won't do DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jadette: sorry, I missd your post yesterday. First of all, sorry to know that you have to join this exclusive club. Second, I'll start bombarding with a series of questions if you don't mind. You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable about it. All i can say is that I've started out here knowing litte. Without the advices and help of a few veterans like @MGCBertie, @twoSouls et al, I would be so lost.

What's your DH diagnosis? 20 sperms?!? Can it be OA? Did they rule out missing vas deferen and blockage due to scarring (if he ever had surgery)? Did he have normal FSH, LH, inhibin B, testestorone, CF gene etc? Which state are you living in? If nothing stands out, I would see if they can find the cause or more sperms with TESA first. Do you know if that's what biopsy they are going to do next? While I am not a medical Dr to give advices, your DH would be the best candidate and the highest success rate for finding sperms with mTESE. I would go with mTESE rather than TESE. Again, have a look at the cornell urology website, it explains so well about why one has a better success rate than the other. You are far from doing DS. You still have choices for hunting those swimmers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @allykat111: Did they test inhibin B? It is not covered by medicare so a lot of FS don't test it. Some research papers say that there is a correlation and some say no. But I find it interesting with this topic. In fact, i've a long discussion about this with my FS.

To correct, DH didn't have TESA before mTESE. We know deep down that it is unlikely they would find anything with TESA based on his diagnosis. They did a quick TESA first while he was under and then moved onto mTESE. I don't exactly know how many sperms they found in the end. There weren't found at the theater but at the lab later on. I didn't produce many eggs (sadly) so they used whatever they could find. Only 3 are moving so I guess that's the actual viable sperms number. 2 of those fertlized. Unfortunately, both ended in chemical pregnancy, no live birth. The live birth rate is very low with the sperms being retrieval this way so everyone is pointing the fingers at poor quality sperms. It is a poor prognosis. FS almost wanted to give up looking that day.

It took us many years to move on with DS. If you read back the previous posts, DH was on the exact same mind set as many of your DHs -- no donor. When it comes down to no more hope of having our own biological child, we have to accept the fact and make a tough decision. Even with donor, there is NO guarantee a baby. DH said that many people divorce, remarry and accept/love children who aren't biologically theirs so it is OK. I know that it isn't the same thing but totally agree with what @twoSouls had said in the past, our DH has the biggest heart to accept that because they knows how much we want to be a mother. Of course, even with donor, there would be more emotional moments to come. This is not just for donor. I am sure that adoption is also not an easy choice.
    Last edited by bbhope; 10-01-2015 at 19:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you don't mind if I join???

DP (26) and myself (23) are setting off on our IVF journey this year due to what appears klinefelters syndrome.

DP and I have been TTC since May 2014. I had a history of blocked tubes so my fs Dr Dalton (Ballarat IVF) advised if still not pregnant within 6 months come back. With that said DP and I started having some tests done with our gp while waiting for our appointment with Dr Dalton to come.

I had blood tests and and ultrasound with no reasons found. DP had semen analysis done and rang doctors for results, the nurse advised him that the doctor was happy and no further action required.

DP and I were both relieved for the fact everything was fine but worried for the fact it just wasn't working.

3 weeks later I had a call from my partner who was home early from work (very unusual, he is a workaholic). I came home and nothing seemed out of place in fact he looked relax and handed me a drink. He proceeded to burst into tears with the news his sperm analysis came back with zero sperm. 4 weeks since the blood test and his doctor only calls him in now!!!!! I was furious with his gp but heart my bled for DP as I had felt what it was like to be told you were infertile. In fact this terrible event has brought us closer as he opened up to me and more expressive about how much we want the same thing.

Since then we have returned to Dr Dalton who performed a physical examination on DP and advised us his testes were smaller than usual which indicated klinefelters syndrome. Dr Dalton ordered blood tests for dp to check for chromosome patterns. He also advised us that IVF would be the path for us and to be open minded about a sperm donor if the result was not to go our way.

Sorry for the ramble suppose I'm just looking for the same support each of you are. Bring on 2015 the year we get our precious blessings! 🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope. I don't recall the tests, was in September last year. I recall there were 3 tests, hormonal, genetics and something else. I remember them taking about 4vials. Poor DP looked white as a ghost after.
    My DP cried as well but his doc was nice enough to call within 4 hours... Was like 8pm at night.
    I'm keeping my hopes up but not heaps.... Almost seems like I'm being groomed for disappointment as every time I feel nearer to it happening something happens and we have to put it off. Maybe the planets have to align. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allykat11: yes, it is a hard journey. Well, sometime we just need the positive vibe to get through day. Optimistic but realistic is what we are aiming next.

Beautiful beginning: sorry to hear that you have to join us too! I hope this thread find you some comfort in the tough journey ahead!

I don't think a smaller teste is an absolute indication of klinefelter syndrome. Usually, klinefelter syndrome is diagnosed based on the chromosome analysis. Did the result conclude this? Sperms are usually found in 50% of klinefelter people. I am not 100% for sure if all klinefelter syndrome people have microdeletion on the chromosome. ie, microdeletion on the AZFa, AZFb, AZFc arm. Deletion of AZFa and AZFb have less success with mTESE than AZFc. I read that in the case of CF, any chromosome abnormality, one should consult with FS as there is a high chance of passing it to the male offspring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Allykat11: yes, it is a hard journey. Well, sometime we just need the positive vibe to get through day. Optimistic but realistic is what we are aiming next.

Beautiful beginning: sorry to hear that you have to join us too! I hope this thread find you some comfort in the tough journey ahead!

I don't think a smaller teste is an absolute indication of klinefelter syndrome. Usually, klinefelter syndrome is diagnosed based on the chromosome analysis. Did the result conclude this? Sperms are usually found in 50% of klinefelter people. I am not 100% for sure if all klinefelter syndrome people have microdeletion on the chromosome. ie, microdeletion on the AZFa, AZFb, AZFc arm. Deletion of AZFa and AZFb have less success with mTESE than AZFc. I read that in the case of CF, any chromosome abnormality, one should consult with FS as there is a high chance of passing it to the male offspring.
    We are yet to find out the results, we will have to wait until the end of the month 😩. Dr Dalton did advise us that there are different cases of klinefelters with a few that still produce sperm. We have our fingers and toes crossed that this is the case for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @BeAUTiFuL BeGiNnInGs. It is so sad so many people are joining us here lately

Unfortunately, you won't know if it is klinefelter syndrome until the blood tests come back. Without the blood tests you just won't know yet, so could be a number of things. I know that steroli syndrome one signs can be small testies as well.

Unfortunately, the waiting for the blood tests to come back is a pain and one thing I will say about this entire process is that you start to become use to having to wait for things

With all the reading on OA and NOA I will say one thing ... no matter what the case is nobody can tell you if there will be sperm until they do the procedure. So hang in here and have faith that there will be some there. This year I have decided I am no going to say IF I am going to say WHEN
    @allykat111 I know how you feel. Sometimes it feels like everyone around you is getting all these good things and then you wonder what about us? What did we do wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes FX with the good result, beautiful beginning!