Closed Thread
Page 83 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jadette welcome to our humble home. Sounds to me like you've had a bit of a journey yourself. We are all in it together here, toughing it out. Hope is all we have, so we have to stay strong. It definitely takes over the life, and sometimes feels like life is standing still, whilst everyone else is progressing. I just found out the other day that an old school friend had a second baby - but it died shortly after child birth from complications. Even though their journey to have a baby was easier, to bury a new born would be another level all together. None has it easy - life is not easy, it's just about how we manage it. I have learnt that it's ok to be sad, but that we have to have the right support mechanisms around us. Are you seeing a counsellor? Being good to yourself and each other? It's important to stay strong. What's your next plan of attack? I find having control over the next step is easier for me to handle.

@MGC Bertie the catholic question you said earlier? My sister-in-law is catcholic and has had four IVF attempts herself and knows about our donor sperm (even who it is) and is totally open minded about it all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Quote Originally Posted by Jadette View Post
    Hi All,
    Can I join in too? This is my first post.
    Ttc 3 years, 2 failed fresh Ivf cycles.
    One more attempt at Ivf/icsi with a biopsy and then have been advised to move on to DS.
    I can't remember who I used to be before Ttc. It is an obsession that I cannot wait to move on from. But I cannot move on until we have exhausted all avenues. DH count is not zero but almost. No one understands how hard this journey is, how it takes over your life and the fear that nothing will ever work.
    How do you keep hope alive??
    @Jadette Hi and welcome 😊

I'm not quite sure to be honest I just keep on eye on the prize and keep plugging away! We have been MIA for the last year due to my weight and the fact that FC won't go ahead because of it (if it's not one thing it's another) anyway!! We haven't done any cycles but we aren't to far off...our next step is around of IVF with mTESA with DS back up then if that fails IUI after that hopefully? I don't want to do IVF if I can help it... Good luck talk soon
    Last edited by DeterminedOne; 09-01-2015 at 11:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A quick post. Yes, @Jenniwithanl. It is called "chemical pregnancy" for early pregnancy loss. I call it miscarriage because the first pregnancy feels real to me and I'm emotionally attached to it. So I don't care what people think. An embryo implanted is a baby, especially it is a miracle for us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jenniwithanl
    Thanks for the reply😃
    Feels good to talk to fellow fertility challenged peeps! We will be doing another cycle in feb. About 6 months ago after our first Ivf fail I was really struggling with depression and Hubby booked a fertility councillor to come and see me. I rang him after she was already 30mins late and he checked his emails and she had cancelled via email. I was so upset and angry that she did not have the decency to call. I have not tried any one else. I find that I'm devastated when I get af every month(which is crazy as I know that we can't get pregnant naturally-although I still time bd) I normally am ok on the most part for the rest of the month. Yesterday was hard as a male co worker announced his wife is pregnant, it took them 3 months and she was upset each month that it didn't happen. I really struggle with bitterness... So very unfair. But I don't need to tell you that I'm sure. We are all here for the same reason. We need support from each other as we are all traveling the same crappy road and only we understand the hurt and longing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @DeterminedOne
    Thanks for the welcome 😃
    Yep I guess we all cope in different ways but all of us are "one day at a time and one foot in front of the other" kinda people coz we have to be. Hopefully we all get our happy ending🌸

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you have to join us @Jadette but welcome. How low is DH's sperm count? I always thought it would be better to have some instead of none.... Has he tried acupuncture? I know someone whose DH had success with that. But only works for low sperm doesn't work for no sperm.
    @Jenniwithanl I was umming if we freeze them if no sperm found and you have convinced me to do that. I have heard stories that the more they do mTESE/TESE etc the chances increase to find sperm (not sure how) so thought even if we try again in a year if none are found but I will be positive that there will be some found

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jadette seems to be the time for pregnancy announcements. I think most of us have had them recently. It is like a punch in the gut and makes you ask ... what did we ever do wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Malak: FS actually gives us less chance if we choose to do the mTESE again. It depends on the diagnosis, of course. 6 months recovery time as well. Testicular failure gets worse with age. I personally don't believe that the tubules will just magically produce sperms after a mTESE unless the person goes through hormone therapy which might or might not work. So why would the chances increase? Besides, more trauma to the testicles. I don't see the logic behind it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Malak! 😃We have tried everything including Accupunture and his samples have not improved at all. His count is about 20 per sample, not 20 million, but just 20. I am thankful that it is not Zero but all aspects are bad. Quantity, motility and morphology. Fertilization is poor and i have not had any embies make it to freeze for either cycle due to the sperm. I know we are lucky to find any sperm at all, I don't want to sound ungrateful. I am 36 and still trying TTC #1. Yep certainly everyone around me has had kids in the three years we have been trying...I'm happy for them but sad for us. Hoping that a biopsy will be the answer to our prayers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I didn't understand it either when I read it. Can't remember where I read it thought it was on Turek website.
    @Jadette fingers crossed that you are able to get pregnant. It sucks majorly when people are getting pregnant and even more when it is people that you figured never in a million years would get pregnant!