Closed Thread
Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jenniwithanl: yes, I am starting as soon as AF arrives. I wanted AF to hold because the clinic hadn't figured out how to mail me the medication. I was in panic mode. Now it is sorted. AF hurries up! I have never so excited about AF visit in my life. lol. DH is more in the mood of worrying if I can hold the pregnancy this time. I said one step at a time! But to be honest, if his lousy sperms (I hope that it is his problem) got me BFP both time, i think I would be very disappointed if the donor doesn't get us further this time. Oh.....don't think too much. It looks like few of us are cycling this month. Fx that it is a lucky Jan for us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: during our freaking 2.5yrs+ TTC journey, my cousin is going to have his second!!!! And many more friends are in the same boat. Long enough to have people popping babies here and there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just grateful that the girls I work with are all past child age (they all have grown children) so at least don't have to worry about baby showers at work.

Will you tell anyone that you are using DS?

I have my fingers crossed it takes for you first go to save you $$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    I am just grateful that the girls I work with are all past child age (they all have grown children) so at least don't have to worry about baby showers at work.

Will you tell anyone that you are using DS?

I have my fingers crossed it takes for you first go to save you $$
    I wish it is the case in my office. Every single one was having their first baby in 2014 on the entire floor but me. It sucks and it hurts when it failed.

Donor counsellor usually goes through this kind of question. It is a personal choice of who to tell. One thing they do encourage is to let the child knows from young age.

On a different note, something i found useful regardless of using donor or not is to see an experienced fertility counselor. I was very skeptical when all earlier azoo ladies advised me to do so when I was struggling with this azoo journey. That's because two of my free sessions with the clinic counselor were pretty useless. Thanksfully, I was recommended a good one locally in Perth. I have been seeing her since our first failed cycle. She has helped me through this journey. When i hit a brick wall, she came up with ideas! I believe it is her who convinced DH in the end. @DeterminedOne knows my struggle quite well.

Baby dust to us all!!! Good luck Malak and DeterminedOne! I hope you have your answer soon -- FX for a positive one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak i know. I saw yet another ex announce a second baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry pressed send but yes @Malak it's heart breaking sometimes.
    @MGC Bertie how are you going - I saw you on the July August sept baby 2015 thread - you would have seen I was briefly there. So pleased for you, a little sad for me. But hopefully I'll be on a nov/Dec 2015 thread soon :-) any updates?

I asked about IUI following your suggestion and we can do it but they want us to try a couple more FET first. They said our known donor sperm sample we have would require the use of two vials as it's not as strong as anon donor sperm and they don't want to risk it until they have to. Having a genetic tie is still important to DH and we need to close down that option before we move on to anon if we have to.

I have a very stressful month of work ahead and I'm worried it will affect transfer later in the month but need to stay calm. Any suggestions for getting through this?

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jenni...yes sorry your first one didn't last. I go for another BT tomorrow and then my first scan next Tues. Feel a bit queasy but otherwise that's it, so really hard to know if it's still progressing or not.

As to IUI, yes, on the anon donor sperm list (about 30 donors) only about 10 of them were marked for IUI. When I asked about why this was so (thinking that it was because of the donor's preference to only give for ISCI, e.g. only wanting it to go to those most desperate), but I was told that wasn't the case, but rather it's because not all donor sperm can swim fantastically after being thawed, and only those with IUI have been graded such. On a side note, it did make me wonder whether the IUI ones should have been used all along, since they're obviously the best swimmers.

Malak....yes, all the counsellors (and I've been to three) and modern research say it's best to tell the child about being from DE and/or DS as he/she is growing up so it's never a shock. However, none of them would recommend a path to take about telling others, saying that this is a personal choice. But some of the things they did say is:
    - to tell close family and friends, in case the child asks questions to them as they grow up
    - to tell medical people, especially when looking at hereditary / genetic issues which won't come from the mother or father
    - you should tell their pre-school/kindergarten teachers as they always study "family" topics, and will need to be aware - this then led me to thinking, then all the kids in the class will know and all their parents too - basically the whole world
    So, I'm really in a quandry, and I know this will be different for each person. Personally I feel that I will just be open and tell everyone from the start, as I kind of don't like the idea of hiding it, and then later someone finds out. But for us, it's donor sperm, so I kind of feel that DH should make this decision, but as yet, I can't tie him down on how he feels and wants to tackle it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (08-01-2015),two souls  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    - you should tell their pre-school/kindergarten teachers as they always study "family" topics, and will need to be aware - this then led me to thinking, then all the kids in the class will know and all their parents too - basically the whole world.
    LOL. This is what DH was worrying. He doesn't want the whole world to know....The society has changed. Many lesbian/gay couples and single women have kids. In few years time, there would be donor children in every classroom. At least that's what the counsellor tries to make us to think.
    Last edited by bbhope; 08-01-2015 at 11:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniwithanI View Post
    Hi girls, yes both sides were 'sliced and diced' but recovery was the same.
    @Malak have a read of my posts from Nov as I describe the whole fresh ivf cycle to line up with mTESE which had to be fresh fresh. In the end our donor sperm was used when they found nothing in mTESE.

Now we have 8 embryos from that cycle and they used one fresh the 9th embryo to transfer but as you all know pregnancy unfortunately stopped at 5 weeks and I bled three days later.

Anyway, I'm excited to say that I started CD1 today and I'm looking to have a frozen embryo transfer this month! Wish me luck again!!
    @bbhope I may have missed some
    Posts but did you say you are starting a cycle? With donor sperm???????!

Welcome back @DeterminedOne

Xxx
    @JenniwithanI Thank you 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bb I've had a look back through all my post and I see I was on 225 of menopur then on day 6 it was upped to 300. I had 9 eggs collected, 7 were mature and only 1 was of transferable quality. So wasn't my best round after that I went back to gonal f. Hopefully you will have better luck 😄

12. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (08-01-2015)