Closed Thread
Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default ps

It would be great to hear if Dr R does mTESE. One WA lady who i know from the forum is also heading east to do the mTESE with DrG. They had done a round of TESE in perth so I am not sure if there is really anyone in Perth who is specialized in this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would be great for you guys $$ wise if someone in Perth did it. I know someone in Perth in Sydney for their mTESE at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong. I don't think there is such procedure as mTESA. It is either TESA or TESE or mTESE. The last time i looked, there wasn't anyone who can do mTESE in Perth. DrJ only does TESE. I also know Dr Turner at hollywood and Dr Chapel at fertility north do TESE. mTESE is a different type of procedure and is highly specialized. In Sydney, there are few big names that I know of, ie: Dr. Golovksy (IVFA), Dr Lok (Ganea) and Dr Shannon Kim (a new male infertility urologist at IVFA who is now trained under Dr. G). Both melbourne and QLD have doctors who do mTESE. Perth is just a bit behind in everything! I was also treated immune problem in Sydney with a different doctor on my second attempt! Luckily, i have found one doctor who will help with the immune thing here in perth now.

We didn't go with donor back up option because DH wasn't ready. I totally agree with you that eggs thawing isn't as good as sperm thawing.
    @bbhope sorry I meant mTESE and yes I've just rang and confirmed again with pivet that they do that......I'm confused lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: I know who u r talking about. I thought no one here does it. That's why we all go east to see drG. Wish them luck! This journey is never an easy one.
    @DeterminedOne: I have no idea then. Maybe pivet has bought a new microscope then. MTESE aka micro-dissection of testicular sperm extraction. The dr opens the testicle , slices it like peeling an onion to look for sperms under an operating microscope. Everything is on the go. They stops once the dr finds sperms.

TESE is done without the microscope. The dr finds a promising sample and then takes it out or continue to take few more pieces. Then send the samples to the lab to look for sperms. So you see the different and why mTESE needs special training. TESE is rather a blind test.

Anyway, good to hear that DrR and DrY does it. It is a huge saving and less hassle to sydney! Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @Malak: I know who u r talking about. I thought no one here does it. That's why we all go east to see drG. Wish them luck! This journey is never an easy one.
    @DeterminedOne: I have no idea then. Maybe pivet has bought a new microscope then. MTESE aka micro-dissection of testicular sperm extraction. The dr opens the testicle , slices it like peeling an onion to look for sperms under an operating microscope. Everything is on the go. They stops once the dr finds sperms.

TESE is done without the microscope. The dr finds a promising sample and then takes it out or continue to take few more pieces. Then send the samples to the lab to look for sperms. So you see the different and why mTESE needs special training. TESE is rather a blind test.

Anyway, good to hear that DrR and DrY does it. It is a huge saving and less hassle to sydney! Best of luck!
    @bbhope that's was how she described it, however she said open it up like a butterfly.

I rang Hollywood to confirm what DP has previously had done and he's had the aspiration and a biopsy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they open both sides for the mTESE or just one? What about TESA is that one or 2 sides?

On another forum I am on ... one lady her husband had mTESE today and they found sperm but not sure how many. Not sure if obstructive or non obstructive and if blood tests were normal but always makes me happy when I hear good news and gives me hope. They are freezing the sperm for IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    Do they open both sides for the mTESE or just one? What about TESA is that one or 2 sides?

On another forum I am on ... one lady her husband had mTESE today and they found sperm but not sure how many. Not sure if obstructive or non obstructive and if blood tests were normal but always makes me happy when I hear good news and gives me hope. They are freezing the sperm for IVF.
    @Malak my DP had the a biopsy where they make an incision and take a pea size sample the send it to the lab. I've been told that they will probably try the other side for the mTESE......Not sure if they will look at both sides I guess we will find out on the 4th Feb when we go back up for an app.
    That gives me great hope of a miracle fingers crossed for everyone 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    For obstructive, you don't need mTESE. TESE will do the job and sometime TESA.

Yes it is a miracle to find sperms in NOA.

I think Jenniwithanl had the Dr to open up both. They had an agreement with the Dr in advance. Dr G told us that he would only open the other one if the first looked promising. He believes that one is the mirror image of the other. My DH had poor prognosis for the first so he spared the second one.

BTW, which forum you are talking about @Malak?
    Last edited by bbhope; 07-01-2015 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, yes both sides were 'sliced and diced' but recovery was the same.
    @Malak have a read of my posts from Nov as I describe the whole fresh ivf cycle to line up with mTESE which had to be fresh fresh. In the end our donor sperm was used when they found nothing in mTESE.

Now we have 8 embryos from that cycle and they used one fresh the 9th embryo to transfer but as you all know pregnancy unfortunately stopped at 5 weeks and I bled three days later.

Anyway, I'm excited to say that I started CD1 today and I'm looking to have a frozen embryo transfer this month! Wish me luck again!!
    @bbhope I may have missed some
    Posts but did you say you are starting a cycle? With donor sperm???????!

Welcome back @DeterminedOne

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope the same forum I PM'd you.

Maybe I should make the DR open both up to cover all bases. Otherwise there would always be the "what if" questions.

Honestly even though we won't do DS I have no problem spending the time and money prepping for IVF for when they find sperm. Better to be safe than sorry. Personally I think I would rather do fresh than frozen sperm.
    @Jenniwithanl I have my fingers crossed 2nd time lucky for you.

I just opened up facebook tonight and the first thing I see is someone announcing a 3rd pregnant. I was like FML. We just want 1 and someone is on their 3rd ... how is life fair?