Closed Thread
Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls

What happens if you aren't using DS. Do they have IVF ready to go on day of mTESE and then if they find nothing they cancel the IVF?

@DererminedOne have you done TESA? What form on azoospermia does your DH have? All blood results normal? What % of chance have you been given?

We have been told they are doing a TESA to determine of steroli only syndrome or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    Thanks girls

What happens if you aren't using DS. Do they have IVF ready to go on day of mTESE and then if they find nothing they cancel the IVF?

@DererminedOne have you done TESA? What form on azoospermia does your DH have? All blood results normal? What % of chance have you been given?

We have been told they are doing a TESA to determine of steroli only syndrome or not.
    @Malak

If your going down the path of mTESA then I assume you would have to have DS back up?
    IVF is a process that takes a month FC will monitor you and when your levels are indicating that your about to ovulate then try will bring you in for egg collection and perform the surgery on your DH. Generally they don't cancel an ivf cycle as is would be a waist of money for you.

We have done aspiration and TESA all of which have found nothing. My DP has been diagnosed with steroli cell only we have done all the test, his FSH level is very high however everything else normal. We were told thats DP cell didn't develop at birth or it was an accident he had?? We still live in hope that mTESA will find something. We have had lots of percentages thrown at us 25% 10% 5% 1% nothing's very clear.

We had to go on a wait list which took a good part of 1yr to be at the top of the list when they told us we could go for an assembly cycle on me only to be told everything was good to go but your overweight and need to be within of a certain BMI 😔 so that has put us back another 1yr. I've struggled with weight all my life and never been even close to normal weight so I decided to have lapband surgery last ur in September and I'm so glad I did I've lost 17 Kgs and have another 10kgs to go which in hoping by then end of feb I will be there. To add to that our FS has since retired and now we need to meet a new FS and start some of the process again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne your case sounds very familiar.... DH has very high FSH too. It has taken us forever (in my eyes) to get to TESA stage cause Urologist only does them twice a month and there was some miscommunication issues. Please let me know how you go with mTESE it will give hope. Is DH taking any vitamins? When are you doing mTESE.

DH doesn't want to do DS with my eggs so DS is not an option. Adoption or DE and DS together are our only options. I can understand though because if it was me I wouldn't want to do DE with his sperm.

What BMI do you need to be? This process has been stressful and I have put on 10kg in the last 6 months

From what I understand nobody knows if there will be sperm until they open them up. I have seen posts on a UK forum and there have been some with high FSH and they have found sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @DeterminedOne: Welcome back. No one wish to be on the azoo thread but we are here for each other. I am curious. Does this new FS, DrR, perform mTESE? If he is, this is new in perth! DrJ doesn't. That's why i went east.
    @Malak: you don't need a donor back up to do the mTESE. It is FS preference. You should have a chat with your FS about this. The FS, who we saw, here in Perth wanted a back up before doing the TESE because she told us that the chance is zero of finding any. Thank you. You could imagine our reaction after just being told about azoo and this. So insensitive. There is no reason to do the surgery if that's the case, isn't it? I knew back then that we wanted mTESE not TESE, that's why we seek alternative. And DrG has proved her wrong. He found sperms. Sure, it ended sadly with two chemical.

We didn't have a donor back up when we did the mTESE. We were given the option of freezing the eggs for later use if Dr didn't find any sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope ... that is just plain rude of that FS. Even if we were told 0 or 1% case we will still do mTESE anyway for closure ... sometimes you need that. I think I know who I want for mTESE just need to look for reviews on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    @bbhope ... that is just plain rude of that FS. Even if we were told 0 or 1% case we will still do mTESE anyway for closure ... sometimes you need that. I think I know who I want for mTESE just need to look for reviews on him.
    @bbhope Who does mTESA in Perth? Who's else does them over east? I was sure DrJ said that she could preform this? Back in feb last year??
    @Malak who's your preference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @DeterminedOne: Welcome back. No one wish to be on the azoo thread but we are here for each other. I am curious. Does this new FS, DrR, perform mTESE? If he is, this is new in perth! DrJ doesn't. That's why i went east.
    @Malak: you don't need a donor back up to do the mTESE. It is FS preference. You should have a chat with your FS about this. The FS, who we saw, here in Perth wanted a back up before doing the TESE because she told us that the chance is zero of finding any. Thank you. You could imagine our reaction after just being told about azoo and this. So insensitive. There is no reason to do the surgery if that's the case, isn't it? I knew back then that we wanted mTESE not TESE, that's why we seek alternative. And DrG has proved her wrong. He found sperms. Sure, it ended sadly with two chemical.

We didn't have a donor back up when we did the mTESE. We were given the option of freezing the eggs for later use if Dr didn't find any sperm.
    @bbhope funnily enough I've just had a call from pivet and I've asked the question about mtesa and at pivet both Dr Rowland and Dr Yovich do them? I don't think this is new??

Yes your probably right @bbhope but we need to do the mTESA for closure. I preferably wouldn't want to do the mTESA without DS back up. I didn't think freezing eggs was good due to the thawing process just like sperm freezing? I'd rather have fresh...plus if all the eggs the where thawed didn't unfreeze well then that would be a massive waist....I dunno everyone has so many views and ideas it's such a personnel journey no two are ever the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne my choice is Dr Eric Chung

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne ... so right. Everyone's journey is different and a personal choice. Also 2 people can have exact same symptoms etc and one can find sperm and the other not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedOne View Post
    @bbhope funnily enough I've just had a call from pivet and I've asked the question about mtesa and at pivet both Dr Rowland and Dr Yovich do them? I don't think this is new??

Yes your probably right @bbhope but we need to do the mTESA for closure. I preferably wouldn't want to do the mTESA without DS back up. I didn't think freezing eggs was good due to the thawing process just like sperm freezing? I'd rather have fresh...plus if all the eggs the where thawed didn't unfreeze well then that would be a massive waist....I dunno everyone has so many views and ideas it's such a personnel journey no two are ever the same!
    Correct me if i am wrong. I don't think there is such procedure as mTESA. It is either TESA or TESE or mTESE. The last time i looked, there wasn't anyone who can do mTESE in Perth. DrJ only does TESE. I also know Dr Turner at hollywood and Dr Chapel at fertility north do TESE. mTESE is a different type of procedure and is highly specialized. In Sydney, there are few big names that I know of, ie: Dr. Golovksy (IVFA), Dr Lok (Ganea) and Dr Shannon Kim (a new male infertility urologist at IVFA who is now trained under Dr. G). Both melbourne and QLD have doctors who do mTESE. Perth is just a bit behind in everything! I was also treated immune problem in Sydney with a different doctor on my second attempt! Luckily, i have found one doctor who will help with the immune thing here in perth now.

We didn't go with donor back up option because DH wasn't ready. I totally agree with you that eggs thawing isn't as good as sperm thawing.