Closed Thread
Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When is your scan Bertie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Twosouls... my first scan is not until Tuesday 13th Jan at 7w3d, but I will still sneak in one more beta BT before that on next Friday at 6w6d. How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's good news, Bertie!
    @two souls: did you have a good outcome with menopur that cycle?

Ah..the reason why i asked about the refrigeration is that I have found a budget hotel outside the city but without a bar fridge. It looks like it isn't really an option.

I was never keen in IUI because the lower success rate than IVF. I liked the idea of being able to get the sperms directly to the eggs rather than a blind way for sperms to find eggs. But i shouldn't discount the fact that nature has worked in wonder for so many people. Because your success (MGC Bertie), I now think that a controlled method like IVF might not necessary have a better chance. First of all, the production of eggs are controlled by drugs. A lousy protocol can have adverse effect of producing bad eggs. And then the lab environment, the thickness of your endo and all other hormone levels at the time of transfer, which shouldn't be too far ahead. So many factors that can go wrong. In a natural cycle, your body is doing what it supposes to do. When the egg gets fertlized, it will just produce the necessary hormones to support the pregnancy and the blastocyst reaches the uterus at the right time for implantation.

I observed carefully for my natural FET. My body was doing a wonderful job and spot on for everything. So I think IUI is worth a few go. I just heard that Perth clinic actually starts women with few tries of IUI before moving to IVF.

IUI isn't an option for me because they told me the wait is 8 months long. Perhaps once you have done 1 cycle of IVF with them. Then, IUI becomes an option.

Edit:@MGCBertie: I won't start for another week. I am waiting for them to send me medications. FX that AF holds up until then!
    Last edited by bbhope; 03-01-2015 at 21:06.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bb I think that cycle was my worst one 😞 they said it might help since they thought my eggs might of been a bit old. I did better on gonal.

Bertie we are going good. Getting over Christmas. It is such a busy time of year. Crazily I'm thinking about going back for number two soon haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh..it doesn't sound promising. Now, I might seriously consider to only fly over after the first scan to make sure everything goes ahead. It is so much to organize for an interestate IVF! Flights, accommodation etc cost just as much as the out of pocket cycling fee itself. Honestly, I am a bit stressed about this financially. @MGCBertie, you probably half way knowing the drill for organizing such thing.

Do you remember your dosage, @two souls? Which STIM cycle is this? I can't tell from your signature. You and I are about the same age, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... yes, organising accomodation, flights and not getting to squeeze things secretly before and after work hours must be such a drain. When we were thinking of going to SA, we said we would only do it twice, due to such problems orgainising all that. But you've done it a few times now, so I know you can do it a few times more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie: I really hope that's it. It is more that we can no longer afford another fresh stim. I know that we might come up a way if it needs be but I just hope it won't be the case for us. We don't even have money for priv OB if we get that far. That's mainly because our last cycle is all out of pocket. Enough for 2 fresh cycles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope what is your local public hospital like in Perth? Do they do catchments? In Brisbane the public hospital is done by catchment and my local one I have been to a few times for operations and they are awesome. Therefore I have no problem going public IF we get to that stage.

I am still getting use to terms so if someone can explain that would be great. What is fresh stim (does that mean fresh IVF cycle?). What is the difference between a fresh stim and a fresh cycle?

It would be such a pain having to organise flights, accommodation etc. IF nothing is found at mTESE we are considering going to Czech therefore will need to do a lot of booking for that. I just hope that it doesn't get that far.

Only 2.5 weeks until we find out if they are able to go ahead with the TESA on 29/1. If there isn't any room for that day I am likely to crack it! DH works in a rostered environment so has to ask for the time off in advance and he can't just say no ... don't need those days off anymore *sigh*. Thinking positive thoughts. I haven't seen many cases of people having any luck at a TESA so am not expecting much BUT am hopeful for some results with a mTESE.

Question for you experts about mTESE though ... is there anything wrong with when (my new years resolution is to be positive so I am going to start saying when instead of if, hope you girls don't mind) they find sperm that they freeze it and then do what they need to me for IVF and then unfreeze the sperm, or is that a bad idea, or maybe I should ask our FS before we do the mTESE about that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only have two good public hospitals for maternity. Hospital A is very good for high risk case. We went into this one after hours and found out about the miscarriage. :'( The hospital is extremely dated....there were a pool of blood on the floor and no one seemed to be bothered to clean up when we were there. DH freaked out and thought i was bleeding. I don't know how their service like during the normal hours, though. My friend went there once and decided to go private afterward. She doesn't like the set up. Now, she has gone through the private system once. She said that she will go public for second bub. First, due to cost. Second, she can't justify to pay that much and Ob didn't even do a good job with c-section, which left her with another out of pocket surgery. Priv OB costs $10k+ her for the entire birth even with priv insurance. And $$ for another surgery. They almost take a legal action against the OB. But apparently, this kind of "accident" seems to happen a lot. I just recently came across another IVFer with the same issue with a different OB.

Despite me living closer to hospital A, I fall into the catchment of the other hospital (not the second reputable hospital). I had been there once for minor stuff. I wasn't impressed. I was told that one can still try their luck of having GP to write the referral for the hospital outside the catchment. It is up to the hospital to decide if they will accept. I'll think about it when i actually get this far. I need to get a good number of eggs first this time.

Oh STIM refers to fresh cycle. (Stimulating).

Yes, a lot to organize. Because I don't know when AF starts, EPU etc, everything has to arrange pretty much at the last minute unless you are going to be there over a long period to cover the front and back end. I don't like last minute! It makes me nervous day in and out. There is also a risk of cycle cancellation. At this stage, I am thinking to stay put in perth until after the first scan to make sure everything will be going ahead. Less time off work as well.

For people to go onto mTESE, the count is extremely low. We are talking about a dozen if lucky, just enough to inject into your eggs (typical number of eggs produce per cycle is 12). You will lose some sperms in a normal freeze and thaw cycle. So with only a dozen, you are going to lose them all if you freeze them. The advice is always do it along side with an IVF cycle. They can always freeze the extra sample if the Dr finds more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    @bbhope what is your local public hospital like in Perth? Do they do catchments? In Brisbane the public hospital is done by catchment and my local one I have been to a few times for operations and they are awesome. Therefore I have no problem going public IF we get to that stage.

I am still getting use to terms so if someone can explain that would be great. What is fresh stim (does that mean fresh IVF cycle?). What is the difference between a fresh stim and a fresh cycle?

It would be such a pain having to organise flights, accommodation etc. IF nothing is found at mTESE we are considering going to Czech therefore will need to do a lot of booking for that. I just hope that it doesn't get that far.

Only 2.5 weeks until we find out if they are able to go ahead with the TESA on 29/1. If there isn't any room for that day I am likely to crack it! DH works in a rostered environment so has to ask for the time off in advance and he can't just say no ... don't need those days off anymore *sigh*. Thinking positive thoughts. I haven't seen many cases of people having any luck at a TESA so am not expecting much BUT am hopeful for some results with a mTESE.

Question for you experts about mTESE though ... is there anything wrong with when (my new years resolution is to be positive so I am going to start saying when instead of if, hope you girls don't mind) they find sperm that they freeze it and then do what they need to me for IVF and then unfreeze the sperm, or is that a bad idea, or maybe I should ask our FS before we do the mTESE about that?
    @Malak we are just starting to get ready for mTESA in a few months. We have been advised to do around of ivf along with the mTESA and have donor sperm as back if they do not find any sperm. After this process if we have no luck then we will be starting IUI treatment. Best of luck in the coming weeks