Closed Thread
Page 77 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You will have no problem since your husband is an Australian. The problem is where both are PR. There is something on the citizenship website that says you need to provide to show you were a PR at time of birth. I remember one person being told they would not accept the grant and they said they would get a PR stamp but would be dated after the birth. I am not sure what the outcome was I just know they were turned away for only having the grant . Nothing is ever easy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick drop-in to say that third BT results are in, with Hcg level of 2300 (23dpo). My FS rang himself again with the results, and said it is "bang on where it should be." I'd already done the maths though, and thought if it was doubling from my 2nd BT then it should have been about 4500, so though I am quietly happy that I am still pregnant, I'm still guarded. I'm wondering if super-donor sperm made quick growth in the early stages, but now old-eggs are slowing things down. Going off some googled Hcg tables, I have:
    - 1st BT on 15dpo was 155 (high end of range 17-147)
    - 2nd BT on 18dpo was 780 (high end of range 70-758)
    - 3rd BT on 23dpo is 2300 (range is 506-4660, so slightly above the average 2034)
    Well, I've promised myself now that once a week BTs will be fine, so let's see how I go making it through the next week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the head up, @Malak. I am surprised to hear that the grant letter from the DIBP isn't sufficient. Who is having a stamp nowadays? Everything is electronic! I have been using the grant letter to travel back to Australia this year. My friend bub can't be an australian citizen because the bub was born while the PR application was still in progress. Is it the case for someone you know? Strangely, one is eligible for medicare card upon submission. While we don't know when we would have the successful pregnancy and live birth (too far ahead to think about), we have decided long ago that the bub will have DH citizenship. You can't beat an EU passport. It certainly would be a bonus to have an australia citizenship for the bub. We moved to Australia because of our profession. We don't know if we will be staying in Austalia for good.

We were planning to do a cycle before the year end as i get quite a bit of time off work during christmas period. Unfortunately, as you all have known, it didn't happen to us. It was a joyful moment with good news around this time last year. Christmas this year only reminded us what could have been with the bub. Although DH and I didn't say anything but neither of us feel like celebrating. No stocking, no christmas tree. We spontaneously decided to drive out to the middle of nowhere and spent the last few days camping and eating canned food. That's right. Canned food for christmas. Not so tasty but we did enjoy the peaceful time in the outback. No one want to go outback this time of the year but we got lucky with the weather! I should have stayed out of facebook upon return to the civilization. You can guess what's on there during this time of the year.

OK, enough of my grumpy story. This year has been great for some of you. @MissJude, @twoSouls and @MGCBertie!! While it could have been better @JenniwithanI (hugs), may 2015 a year full with good news for the rest of us azoo gals who are still trying!
    Last edited by bbhope; 29-12-2014 at 20:06.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope believe me I was surprised that they would not accept the grant letter too. I saw it on an immigration forum that I am on. They even emailed dfat and dfat said that they would not accept the grant from DIBP. They had a few things they would accept though. I think one of them was completing a form to get a status of their citzenship. I am not sure what ended up happening but I know a few people who have now gone and gotten the label for their passport to be on the safe side. I am a citizen so no issues for us

So sorry Christmas was not good for you. Hopefully next Christmas will be better for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope..... I love your canned food for Christmas!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie, ha....to make up the lack of good food over christmas, i've been eating a lot since we got back. I read your post on the other thread by chance. Glad to hear that DrM is willing to be your OB. I can't imagine paying both DrM to monitor the immune stuff and priv OB at the same time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I'm dialling in from sunny NSW where I've been out of radio contact for a little while whilst on hols and now come back to such amazing news! @MGC Bertie what a miracle and beautiful news after all this time! You deserve it hon. So happy for you. I have thought about IUI with one of the vials from our donor sperm myself and wouldn't mind trying it since we have a large amount of donor sperm to use. Those HCG levels sound perfect too. Congrats really happy for you.

Thanks for the Chrissie shout out @bbhope needed those hugs. I had a lovely Chrissie and just put the pain of what is now described as a chemical pregnancy too behind us. I am very upbeat and excited about the new year and I've decided that there is no point wallowing. Just need to stay strong and try to stay optimistic. Our time will come - look at Bertie!

Infact I've put it down to when I failed my first driving license test on an instant fail. I mounted the curb in a three point turn and that was it. My family couldn't believe it as I was such a good driver - perhaps a bit cocky even. Anyway I am convinced having to go through the test again made me a better more conscientious driver. I think the same about this process. Maybe it's going to bring some realism and more focus to the next attempts and not to get too over excited and stay quietly optimistic but realistic. Makes you appreciate the feeling of being a parent in the future so much more poignant.

Girls - I hope we all have success in 2015 and we can look forward not back. I do feel us girls with NOA eventually accept our path may not be conventional but whatever the path it provides the same result. A bundle of great joy.

Bring it on!!

Love lots,

JenniwithanI x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

@MGCBertie: i know you used menopur before. Did you have to refrigerate it?
    Last edited by bbhope; 02-01-2015 at 23:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used menopur bb and yes I refrigerated it 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenni.... yes, I really think it is very worthwhile for us Azoo girls to do an IUI with donor sperm, since that's the major diagnosed issue. I would definitely encourage you to discuss it with your FS, as I'm still sitting here today shaking my head that an IUI worked, when 12 cycles of IVF / ICSI didn't.

Bbhope.... yes, as Twosouls said, Menopur is refrigerated, as are most/all stim drugs, e.g. Gonal F. Have you started stimming already?

AFM... I had another BT today at 29dpo (or 5w6d). My Hcg is 21,000 (slightly more than doubled every 48hrs this week) and progesterone is 140 (slightly dropped since last week, but still good). I've been feeling a bit "icky" since Tuesday, nothing major, but had wondered whether I was imagining it, but there you go, it's still there. A part of me says I should be ever so happy, but the realistic part says I still have a long way to go until safe.