Closed Thread
Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Malak... thank you for that great suggestion. That would work perfectly, and since DH is already having 3 weeks off at Christmas it would sound good. Then that way, I still get to have the long service leave and just stay at home!!!

Yes, as Bbhope explained it, an IUI (Inter Uterine Insemination) is basically just turkey basting. I did actually have a very low dose FSH (Gonal F) for the week before ovulation, as the FS explained that it ensures that there actually is one egg there, and sometimes can actually produce two (though my USs showed just one follicle). Then the actual IUI, was just the same as a pap smear, and was just done by a nurse in the ultrasound room. I was actually surprised at this, as I thought it was going to be in the lab, done by the FS, under sterile conditions like all my embryo transfers had been. But I guess most babies are made at home in much less pristine conditions!!

Bbhope... yes, my FS sounded just as surprised on the phone as I was. My DH was not very happy when I told him though. Yes, he did say congratulations first, but then his second sentence was, "Well the FS needs to give us $100,000 back for all those IVF / ICSI cycles." Remember, my DH is an accountant so the money has always been an issue for him the whole way along.

Miss Jude... thanks also for your congratulations. I go for my second BT tomorrow, but couldn't hold out anymore, so went and bought another box of HPTs, and checked this morning (17dpo) to make sure I was still pregnant, which I am. I'm hoping that I can make it more than two days before peeing on the next stick, otherwise I'm going to become an addict!!
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 22-12-2014 at 07:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL about your DH comment, @MGCBertie. I would be saying the same thing too. I am so tempting to do IUI now but I'm sure that the clinic will talk me out of it. It is all about money making. Didn't i tell you that the wait for IUI is a lot longer because of the demand? I feel more like a statement to discourage people to do it and go straight to IVF. Anyway, FX for the BT tomorrow!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... I've had to push for lots of things along this journey, many the FSs etc didn't recommend, this IUI being one of them!!! I really think if we're spending the big bucks, we have a good say in what to do.

AFM... first blood test was last Friday 19/12 (15dpo) = Hcg 155, prog 150. Second blood test was today, Monday 22/12 (18dpo) = Hcg 780, prog 150 (well, that's what he said when I asked him, seems strange to be still exactly the same)

My calculations for doubling every 48hrs, made it 465 for 18dpo, but 780 is much better. My FS says he doesn't want to see me back until the heartbeat scan in 2-3 weeks. I kind of agreed, but now beginning to wonder if I'm going to stay sane and hold out for that length of time. Will POAS every couple of days give me the knowledge that I'm still pregnant, or should I push for another BT in a week?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Wow!!! Doubling! That's pretty good number! You must be over the moon. Is dh sinking in yet? The best Christmas present ever. I would keep doing the BT! Ask gp! Remember the ladies on the nk cell thread saying that it is important to monitor the Hcg level. If it slows, it means that the immune system is acting up and at least DrM can tweak medication.

I didn't even bother to set up the Christmas tree this yr because it brings back so many sad memory. but I am glad that it will be a good one for u and u deserve it!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie ... it is an Accountant thing . I am like that too where DH is like "whatever it costs" attitude.

Any possibility of twins?

You guys one extra thing to celebrate this Christmas.

Myself I have a Christmas tree up but am not really feeling the Christmas spirit this year. Alot of days it is like ... I can't be bothered doing Christmas shopping will do that tomorrow. Soon I will have to do it...

I really hope that 2015 is a better year for all of us .

Bertie ... how long have you been TTC?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope the good news will bring in luck for us azoo gal in the new year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Malak.... I've been doing IVF for three years now - this was my 13th cycle - 8 full stims of my own eggs (some trying DH's sad sperm, others with anon donor sperm), 4 cycles using my sister's donor eggs (using anon donor sperm) and lucky #13 my own egg with IUI using anon donor sperm. I'm pretty sure there is only a singleton, as on the last ultrasound before the IUI there was only one follicle (which I'm secretly pleased about).

Yes, only finished my Christmas shopping this evening. Talk about leaving it to the last minute!! I've never been that bad before, but to be honest I way wasn't in to celebrating (but now I can!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie: hehe....the embryo can split. From the IVF point of view, the chance is very low if the embie grows to day 5. Any day 3 transfer, has a chance of twin. So any natural preg can betwin. We shall see!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How was everyone's Christmas?
    Mine was ok. Found about my sister-in-law's sister is pregnant again .

Also I was holding my 4 month old niece and we were going to have family photo taken and my sister-in-law (not the mother) said to my other sister-in-law "you have better take her for the photo". I just thought that was plain rude! The sister-in-law which is the mother is nice she said "I'll just take her for the photo and give her back to you". I just didn't like the way the other sister-in-law said it. I almost ended up crying but luckily I didn't.
    @bbhope do you have your PR label sticker in your passport? Just thought would mention it because have heard a few people having issues lately because they won't accept the grant from DIBP for the baby's citizenship. People have been told they need to have a label in the passport which is stupid because we are label free. Just wanted to mention it so you don't have issues later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Malak... every time someone announces a pregnancy it absolutely stabs me through the heart. The only thing that has got me through that, as well as seeing people with babies in shopping centres etc, is what a Bubhubber said a long time ago, is that it's easier to imagine that it's possible that they are an IVFer as well, and just haven't said it. Once I started thinking like that, I found it much easier on myself.

What do you mean about a "grant from DIBP for the baby's citizenship"? I'm a PR of Australia too, but have lived here since I was four and a half. DH is Australian. I looked up the DIBP website and it says:

Whether you are an Australian citizen by birth depends on the date of your birth.
    Most children born in Australia before 20 August 1986 are Australian citizens by birth unless one parent was entitled to diplomatic privileges or was a consular officer of another country.
    Children born after that date are only Australian citizens if at least one parent was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of their birth.
    Children born in Australia to parents who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents, automatically acquire Australian citizenship on their 10th birthday if they have lived most of their life in Australia.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 26-12-2014 at 21:32.