Closed Thread
Page 75 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is what I found:

In addition, recognized clinical features like testicular size, history of ejaculated sperm, serum FSH level, or biopsy reading, do not accurately predict whether or not sperm will be recovered from the testis. Importantly, it has become clear to Dr. Turek that as the number of samples from the testis is increased, the chances of finding sperm also increase.

It seems to indicate that the more they do mTESE the more chance they have of finding sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to read this article: http://theturekclinic.com/measure-tw...sperm-mapping/

It notice it is only a recent addition which is why I have never seen it before lol. I am only halfway through reading the article but it sounds so promising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that parameters don't predict the outcome of mTESE. My worries in regard to the testicular volume is that men need these "cells or tissues" to produce hormone. If one has abnormal size to begin with, cutting away significant amount of "tissues" will affect the hormone production which means that one might end up being on hormone therapy for the rest of his life. That's health concern.

I guess it all depends how far you want to go on this journey. If money and time aren't much of an issue and doing the FNA mapping will give you the peace of mind, then go for it.

It has been 2.5 yrs for us, my life and career has stood still because of this journey, the retrieved sperms obviously aren't viable, it could be me having the problem, so the extra efforts don't guarantee us a live birth.

My DH has made it clear to me that no more mTESE. We can continue to spend time and money, which we don't have, for chasing that impossible dream or focusing on getting a live birth and enjoy the parenthood sooner. DH is a realistic person so he choose the later. If anything, I am so grateful to have the support here. And all the past azoo gals have ensure me that it will all turn out OK with the donor. It is one at a time process. I suspect that donor isn't an option for the Egytian couple mentioned on Dr Turek website, though.

You are just at the beginning of the journey so go for what you feel like doing. FX that the result is better than you think. And better luck than us.
    Last edited by bbhope; 16-12-2014 at 23:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be a dream come true to get sperm at the biopsy but I know that it is pretty much impossible based on everyone else's results.

It literally breaks my heart with so many people in this world with infertility problems. Is it because people are having kids later in life?

DH tries to make positives out of it like he said maybe the ones on Centrelink with hardly any money wish they had waited longer to have kids. He also said we are lucky we can afford to do fertility treatment as some people don't have that option. Sometimes it is hard to deal with positives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: i think a perth lady here has found sperms with TESA (NOA). They had few failed attempts for the transferred embies and was planning to do the last transfer when she posted. I don't know the outcome in the end as she isn't active on this thread anymore. So there is still hope for a NOA case.

According to andrologist, azoospermia does get worse as you aged but I don't know if it would change anything for trying earlier in life. BUT one thing for sure is that we would have a chance to access the US Drs since I lived there. And the interstate IVF would be easier because DH lived in Sydney before we moved to Perth. That's how life work out. You just never know. The what if question will only drive us nut so I've been trying to focus on the future. Yes, DH keeps reminding me that we should be grateful for having a chance to do IVF while others don't. I know it doesn't sound helpful but we have to look at the positive side sometime.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Malak  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all.... I just wanted to drop in quickly and say, you're not going to believe it but I am PREGNANT!!!!!! Yes, it's a BFP!!!! No, I'm not joking. My Hcg level is 150 (19dpo or 19dp when I had the IUI). My FS called me himself, and I knew by looking at the number that it was his desk and not the nurses (trust him to get to make the BFP calls and leave the nurses usually to make the BFN calls!!)

Anyhow, after he told me, all I could blurt out was, "Are you sure?" He says yes, but still all I say again is, "Are you actually sure?" Then I broke down crying, but thankfully I was at my Mum's so she did the rest of the talk with him (!!!). Strangely he said that my progesterone level is also 150, so she queried that both numbers were the same, but he just said that anything above 50 is good. I go for next BT on Monday. He did say, not to get too excited, as many people miscarry - I know that, but gee thanks!!

So what did I do different this time than the previous 12 failed IVF cycles? I didn't bother to eat pineapple core, I didn't do acupuncture, I didn't go for any exercise and have been a lazy bum, I ate soft cheese and I ate a lot of chocolate everyday for the whole two weeks!!! On the positives, I think having Intrallipids / IVIG over the past 6 months have built up in my system, my dosage of Dex was increased by half and by not having a transfer, there was no chance of my uterus going into a spasm, but rather the embryo found it's own place to implant.

And yes, I've been shaking my head all afternoon, as I really have no symptoms. I would have only have had a couple of slight twinges, no different to twinges that I get all the time, during a cycle or not, it's always the same. So there you go, no symptoms mean nothing.

I rang G to see what the next plan with Dr M is. She said he may increase some doses and will book in an IVIG, but it's been three hours so am thinking I'll have to call her again. I know the IVIG wouldn't be tomorrow (Sat) and more likely in a week, so probably won't fuss now until Monday when I know the level of the second BT.

Can't believe that I booked my 4 weeks long service leave for SA, have sent all those test results to CFC, have got my donor list down to a dozen, and now I don't need it (well, I guess, I'll see how I go). Probably still good to have a back-up plan! Not quite sure how I'm going to explain to work that I'm not going on "holiday" to SA now. Will have to find some good excuse for that!!

I just can't believe so many things about this BFP. But most importantly how I did 8 full stim cycles of my own (all those injections, invasive hospital EPUs etc) and 4 FETs using my sister's donor eggs (including counselling sessions for us all), and how do I get my first ever BFP???? Yes, by good ole' turkey basting (using anon donor sperm).

Thank you everyone who has given me such support and encouragement every step of the way. I know that I just have to take each day as it comes now, but I couldn't have done it without following everyone on here, making plans and giving ideas.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

DJ Nette  (19-12-2014),Sariele  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @MGCBertie!!!!!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATS! I'm so so so happy and excited for you. DH hasn't seen me with a big smile for a long time! Ha...it must be a slap on your FS face because none of his IVF protocols work but a natural IUI works! This is such a miracle.

You know what? My counsellor suggested me go to the US and Asia for IUI because we can certainly get the donor i want. I didn't like the idea very much because the out of pocket cost is the same as a round IVF here in Australia and the success rate is low. I think you might have changed my mind about all these!!! I told her that i am a slow responder so it can't be good. But she said that sometime body just doesn't like being pushed for something it isn't meant to be doing. Perhaps that's some truth in this. I did realize that my body is doing quite well during the natural FET cycle.

Do you think that DrM protocol is finally working? You are on serious drugs there.

Take it easy. Rest well. Wish you all the best for the BT on Monday!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! That is the BEST news I have heard is a long time!! I am soooooo happy for you .

You can just tell you work that your DH can't get the leave so decided to cancel the trip.

Since I am new to all this ... how does IVF and IUI differ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IVF is invasive. With medications, hospital procedure of egg retrieval, then the embies are created in the lab. You get many eggs. IUI is artificial insemination. It is a LOT cheaper. It is natural way. You don't take medications. They monitor you throughout our cycle with BT and ultrasound, once you are about to ovulate, they call you in and inject the semen into your uterus. Then, the sperms have to swim up to meet the egg. The chance is lower because you will be releasing one egg. Some clinics give you clomid to produce more eggs which increases the risk of multiple births. Without medication, it is just like once a month that you BD and get pregnant.

BUT hey, Bertie has proved that the natural way works better than the IVF!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congrats!

Congratulations Bertie! That is the most wonderful news!!! What a little miracle. So happy for you. xxxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MissJude For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)