Closed Thread
Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought crinone is progesterone only.....pregynl is hcg booster shot. I didn't want pregynl next round because I hate needle and I'll be using clexane injection for immune problem. More importantly, can't do HPT with pregynl.

XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope hi BB! So I've spoken to nurse and all good. On Wed with positive Pregnancy test HCG was 216 and Progesterone was 200 and only needed to be 40 by that stage hence the decision to stop. She said I definitely just need to have BT once a week for next two and then HB scan in three weeks.

I think I'll go and get a pregnancy test again just to make sure though!

I have to listen to them and so what they say as so far they have been great.

Thanks for giving me the heads up to ask though all so new for me x

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best @Jenniwithanl. The numbers seem pretty good. FX that it goes smoothly.

After my first failed cycle, I was pretty upset about not doing enough BT to check the hcg level. Bertie will pretty much agree with me that we sort of have to take IVF journey in our own hand. Some FS just won't listen to what we say.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Azoo girls - second blood, bad news. HCG levels have dropped from 216 to 76. Looks likely I'll miscarry. Progesterone has surprisingly increased. Words cannot express my sadness. They think it's likely the embryo.... @bbhope you were right. Have cried my eyes out.... Back to the drawing board. Nothing they can do.

I have had no bleeding but woke with terrible cramps last night. I think it all ended at that point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear, Jenni. I am so sorry to hear! Why is life so unfair to our azoo gals?? It is hard enough, can't it get a bit easier? Let's say...I haven't even over the heartache that i had for those chemical pregnancies and it is nearly a year. I still cry for it as they are DH bio babies. I'm sure that your pain isn't any less given what we all azoo gals have gone through!! For the first time in my life, I finally know what crying to the point of physical heartache feel like. I am sure all of us can relate this. Take good care of yourself and hubby.

Sorry, I don't understand what I was right about. I don't wish anything bad to happen to anyone!

When IVF doesn't work, they like to blame bad embryos! You have 8 embryos frozen, what's the chance for them to pick the problem one? I am not sure if you want to hear advice right now. I recall you have thyroid problem?? I would recommend to get it tested tomorrow to rule out it isn't causing your problem while pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bbhope I just meant you were right to push for more tests because I think it's all gone sour in the last 24 hours at least we could have pin pointed exactly when HCG was starting to drop.

I thought about the thyroid but did have the checks just before I started ivf and it was all perfect unless the hormones have thrown it off? I will go back tomorrow to request a BT for it just for peace of mind.

It's now a horrible waiting game to see what happens between now and next Tuesday when next BT. It's just so sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jenni... so so sorry to hear that. I thought you were going to be one of the lucky ones where it just worked. Bbhope may be right about the thyroid, in that as soon as you find out you're pregnant, your thyroid levels need to be checked often and your thyroid medication adjusted for the pregnancy. My endocrinologit told me that as soon as I get that pregnant verdict (ha ha!!) I have to increase my thyroxine dosage by 50mg and then see/speak to him.

AFM... I'm PUPO, as of this morning, as I've had an IUI with donor sperm. I know the chances are quite low with IUI, but it was more for peace of mind, to know that I've tried all the different options before we go to SA and get young donor eggs. They kept me lying there for 15 minutes afterwards, to give chance for the sperm to swim when it needs to go - wondering if that's a proven thing that helps or just an old wive's tale :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG! Jenni that totally sucks!

Fingers crossed for you that you don't miscarry.

Would the chances be better if they implant more than 1 fertilised egg?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats of being a PUPO bertie!!! You just never know. All the best in TWW and hopefully nice christmas surprised!!!
    @Jenniwithanl: I hope u take some time off to grieve. I am so sorry...feel the heartache for u!!! I would recommend sooner. When that happens, they need to follow it down to zero to make sure it isn't an ectopic pregnancy. It was extremely annoying that they were only interested to get me did BT every 2 days when the hcg dropped! If you have severe cramping, pls get it check. I didn't have any sign or whatsoever for the miscarriage. As I mentioned, my FS didn't think i need any BT to recheck after my first BFP. No cramping, no bleeding. I just didn't feel right (mother instinct?) and had dh brought me to the emergency dept of women hospital one evening. Nothing I say is gonna make u feel any better. Take time to grieve. Nothing but love. Xx
    @Malak: some clinics don't even let u transfer two until u have 3 failed cycles. And if u r over 35. It is pretty high risk. But some immune prob women don't get preg until they have two in. Most cases, it becomes a vanishing twin. One survives and the other one dies (not sure if it is a tale about one fights off the immune problem so the other one can live).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls - started bleeding yesterday. All over. Not too bad just like a really heavy period. I'm ok. I guess first time IVF didn't completely fail us with eight embryos on ice. But might look at asking for genetic testing on the eight to see which ones have a higher chance of success.

I'm absolutely confident that on the five week mark when I woke to those severe cramps and I had terrible number 2's and went as white as a ghost, the little embryo died. Something happened exactly on five weeks. It took a further four days to bleed so that would be right. I was tracking so nicely and did home sensitive pregnancy test which showed my HCG was rising as it was five weeks prediction which was correct two nights before the 'event' and then next day HCG was 76. Pretty clear.

I guess it's just one of those things. They did say usually first time pregnancies fail in IVF I guess I hoped I'd be one of the lucky ones. They said perhaps my body was over stimulated from pushing the meds I get lots of eggs and a natural cycle may deliver a different result. It's the addiction of IVF already wanting to go again.

@mgcbertie and @bbhope thanks for your kind and sweet messages. I took your advice and went to the GP to get my thyroid checked and next time I will regularly go to my GP. Levels were only slightly elevated but still right within normal. The GP said it wouldn't have been thyroid but I think I will check it regularly just to be safe.
    @Malak recommendation is to go one but perhaps next time I'll look at two. They did give us the option actually but strongly recommend one.

@mgcbertie good luck on this cycle! Everything crossed. I'm interested to know, do they allow/suggest back to back months of FET?

Anyway off to work Christmas party today with all this going on, but going to have a wine and just put it behind us for a little while. We'll go again in the new year.

Thanks gals really appreciate the love and support.

JWAI