Closed Thread
Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... I just found out today why IVFA didn't make me wait again this time. It's because I only used 1 lot of the sperm in the last wait, and you get three goes before having to go back to the top of the wait list, so even though I've changed donors it only counts as my second go out of three. Thought that is better explained - firs time waited 4 months, then used the DS three times. Back to wait again another four times, but only used the DS once. Changed donor, so two goes available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MGCBertie: I am glad to hear that they don't make you wait! I don't even care if they let you jump the queue. Waiting is annoying especially we have been in this journey long enough! We don't want to be here if we could! FX that I don't fail 3 times and then go back down for another 4 months wait. I swear, I am moving clinic if that's the case and I might even volunteer to get sent out to the US for few months so i can access the sperm banks there directly and try IUI! I so wanted to start in December but it is so depressing given the situation ATM.

Question...... if i choose X donor, am I having 3 tries for this donor? or i have to choose a different donor if first try fails?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Four weeks, One Day.

Girls.... it worked. I'm pregnant! Four weeks, one day. Donor Sperm, my eggs, but it worked. Early days, still not out of the woods yet. But the chance to be parents this way, is now becoming a reality. I'll keep you posted on the progress, but at least I now know I can get pregnant, which up until now, I had no idea.

My DH is thrilled and actually when I rang him at lunchtime after I received the call from my nurse - he said he was shaking, and scared, but so happy. No going back now! I understand that this news is joy for us, but I am still very aware that it's not all roses for all of you. And we are very much not out of the woods yet - as we all know anything could happen form here.

But I feel so happy we have a chance - and yes whilst it's not the path we had both hoped for as we Azoo girls do, it's a path that we were prepared for, and now embrace wholeheartedly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you girls on this thread all the current and former girls who have shared their highs and lows. We usually all end with the plan B, plan C, or Plan D, or Plan E, but we get there eventually. It has been a life saver - and all those who have shared their personal stories on here and PM, thank you.

@MGC Bertie I think you are amazing - I've said it once and I'll say it again. Don't give up. It will happen, and you'll be amazing parents. What about the little boy who was dumped in the drain this week. I just wanted one of us to have him. There will be a baby for you and your DH and it will be so loved and treasured as all of our little families will be.

@Malak sometimes a little more time is good for healing. We have had a long year to get to this point, and we had time to grieve and cry, and then do nice things for one another and bond. January is not far away now.

@bbhope don't despair. It will get easier. Perhaps a switch to another agency will do the trick and coming to the East Coast will be easier. Don't give up - it will happen. xx

Well girls - now I better try and focus on this work that I have. I can hardly focus on anything right now, and for once I think it's not my anxiety but the hormones!

Lots of love, JWAI

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JenniwithanI - OMG! Congratulations that is FANTASTIC!! A girl at work told me that IVF usually doesn't work first round for people so I am super happy for you!!

Do you feel pregnant at all?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Malak, thank you!! Still just coming to recognise it's true. I took a home pregnancy test that I purchased in vain hope a year ago before we knew about DH and tonight I pulled it out and peed on the stick and sure enough pregnant! Just nice to see for myself.

Yes I do feel pregnant I guess - a little tightness across my middle and cramps. No bleeding and tender boobs. The three nights I have felt fatigued and now know why :-)

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes you just have to pinch yourself to make sure that it is real.

Sometimes the symptoms sounds similar to period ones so it is not surprising you not think that you were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats, Jenni!!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm so glad that it works!!!!! As you can tell, i am so excited for you. Make sure that you get your HCG and progesterone check in few days. Don't let them tell you no. That's the mistake i made. Are you on progesterone support? If not, i urge you to use it. It is better to have more than less.

This journey has been a LONG one for all of us azoo gal. Wish you an uneventful 9 months.

Ya, I also didn't know all those symptoms until after the fact. I am always tired but the tireness is different......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bbhope, I was told to go off crinone... Should I keep it up?? Maybe I will just use s bit this weekend just to be sure.

I have another blood next wed and again the following wed - is that enough?! I hadn't thought to question my nurse but now I'm a bit worried!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't go off crinone without knowing your p4 level. My FS is upping my pessaries number next time despite me never have p4 problem. If you don't have enough, you will miscarriage. I have seen a sad case which could have prevented. Ppl usually take it until super high hcg when ur body can produce enough. Some use it until 12 weeks.

I would do more BT at early stage. Every 2 or 3 days to make sure the hcg double. Ask gp if clinic doesn't do it. While I know ppl say that once Hcg drops, you can't do anything but it is so informative to know when it happens if it is a chemical. People like me who has immune prob, it is good to find out if the bub is growing slow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB thank you I will call one of the nurses tomorrow and ask about the crinone. She definitely instructed me to come straight off it though and I've read that you can reach very high HCG levels and it's important to come off it if advised. She didn't tell me the levels but told me they were well above the level at four weeks so everything was looking really strong.

I will ask for another BT though just be safe thanks for suggesting. Good to be in control.

I am feeling well - tingling and sometimes sore boobs but the cramping has started to subside although came back tonight but only briefly. Felt a little faint today but aside from that glad to be off the crinone actually as it was giving me pains in the back.

I guess I have to be guided by nurses but I'll certainly be asking. They said my hormones were really strong but will see what happens next BT.
    Thanks for your advice. Still nervous times.