Closed Thread
Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bertie: I like your spirit. You are amazing. I am counting day and feel like my life is stuck on this infertility journey.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tmr, @MGCBertie!! FX!
    @Jenniwithanl: hope u r resting well during TWW.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you are all doing well
    @bbhope are you and DH doing any more counselling sessions? I heard QLD doesn't really have a wait list for DS.

The thing I was thinking the other day was ... what on earth did we do wrong to be delt this? Must have done something really bad in a former life . Sometimes I even wonder if someone cast a spell on us (maybe too much TV I think).

I have had a shocker of a day . I found out that someone I thought would never have kids and said that they didn't want kids ever wife had a child. Guttered does not even come close to how I feel. I feel heart broken literally.

The secretary of the urologist is meant to ring on Friday to confirm the TESA next Thursday. If she rings and says they couldn't get the hospital I feel I will snap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: DH only attended two legal required counselling sessions for the donor with me. One in WA and the other one in NSW. I didn't have good experience for one of the sessions. Waste of time and money. It didn't draw any confident for using the donor sperm at all. I am glad that it was the second session rather than the first. Otherwise, DH would have been put off by what the counsellor said. That session is just a formality to tick off the box at that point. DH has pretty much made up his mind after the first session. I have been seeing a counsellor/psychologist on the side since early this year. It helps me to see things differently. It is very important to see a counsellor or psychologist who clicks with you. If it doesn't, go and find another one. Medicare gives good rebate for clinical psychologist if you are worried about the cost. I have also met few women who struggle through this journey. Each of their own story.

I have contacted fertility first in syd. They don't have a waiting list but I have to start over from getting the GP referral, seeing a new FS to draw a plan etc. This is a problem in a nutshell as I truly have a good relationship with my FS now who has drawn me a plan and knows my body better from the first STIM. It is just a shame that they have waiting list and for whatever reason isn't importing more US donors to make up the short fall. it can be a huge disappointment after waiting for many months to get on top of the list and find no match. Another reason we decided not to sit here in WA for 2 yrs and only given few choices which most likely won't match. They will just tell you bad luck. It is from good will. Take it or leave it.

I am very keen to move forward ASAP because I just realise that finding the match might become challenging. It is challenging because dh physical characteristic is not common among general australia migrant population. Of course, I am sure that as time goes by, we might be less picky and I might come to term of being childless. Qld is my next option as I was told that they are importing from two U.S. Sperm banks and each donor can create up to 10 families. They don't necessary do open identity donors, though.

Life just isn't fair. I don't believe in karma anymore as I have done so many good things in my life. People don't deserve to have kids have them. Eg my sis who said that my nephew is a mistake. He is raised by the grandparents. Similar story in dh family.
    Last edited by bbhope; 18-11-2014 at 18:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't much about DS but can they ship the sperm from the eastern state or is a WA law that is the reason for the delay?

One night I had a dream that I got pregnant and the urologist was surprised and said he must have made a mistake. I am not sure if having these dreams are a good thing or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WA doesn't allow importation. They have been talking about changing the laws in ages. Not good for the business here as we all Perth gals are going to the eastern states. And sorry for those who dislike us coming over! U know, we are behind in anything!!!!! No mTESE surgeon, no NK cell testing, no PGD testing either......,.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the end of the day you have to do what you have to do. If that means go eastern then do it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Updates - First Cycle

Hi girls,

Quick update as I've been running between meetings, but just needed a moment to myself to reflect upon the last few days.

So we managed to make it Day 5 transfer and had a beautiful little embryo transferred. I'm now 3days post transfer and have no idea if it's worked. Pregnancy test next Thursday 27/11. Will keep you posted.

We ended up having eight embryos frozen which was amazing we are told. Obviously my only concern with the process is the donor we used was a little older than they normally like because he was a known donor, so I probably wont be totally happy until have a healthy baby in our arms, but this was our choice. My DH is overjoyed with the result and honestly more excited than I think. So all those who said DH wouldn't accept - all I can say is, my DH has proven that he has overcome his sadness of not being able to have a biological child and is already planning the future with his "embryo" on the way. I've had to be the one keeping him level-headed until we know otherwise :-)

So now we wait. Cycle 1 deemed a success - albeit no sperm from DH and his heart stopping. But donor and my eggs seemed to gel, so we'll see. At least we have a few back-ups in case something goes wrong this time.

I'll respond to personal notes tonight when I get home.

But hope you're all well.

J x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick drop in to say that unfortunately it's another BFN for me. Hcg was 5. I've taken this one pretty hard, crying all the way home and all tonight. Haven't done that for quite a while. It was the last of my sister's 4 donor embies. To be honest, if it didn't work with her first DE then I don't know why I believed that it would work on any of the next three. And nothing else has worked - two cycles of acupuncture, five cycles of immune treatment with the strongest of the strongest drugs. And no-one can explain why not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie: I am so sorry to hear that!!!! My heart bleeds for you when I read your post. I also cried for you. Life is just so unfair!!!! Take good care of yourself and hubby. Hugs.
    Last edited by bbhope; 19-11-2014 at 23:13.