Closed Thread
Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Femmefatal I am sooooo sorry to hear. I was hoping for good news from you to give us the hope that we needed.

Did the FS say if there was anything they could do to make some sperm? Tablets for 3 months? Did they just look for sperm only or did they look for spermicide too? I heard people getting pregnant when only spermicide was used.

What next is always the million dollar question. It is such a tough road to be on and I have only been on it such a short time too.

Did FS give you any options? Can acupuncture for DH help? I did see tablets last night that can help while googling but you need to take them for 6 months and cost about $250. I need to finish researching it because need reviews first.

I just wish they had the mapping here ... looks awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @FemmeFatale I am so sorry to her your news. It's the most awful thing to be told no sperm, but after mTESE very challenging. You just need to focus on supporting him and loving h. One good thing is that you got so many eggs so hopefully they could frozen for when you're ready for next steps?

Just rest and anytime you need to talk we are all here for you.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Malak: although your questions are directed to femmefetal, I would like to mention few points if you don't mind. I have seen product on the internet which claims to help producing sperms (eg: sperms hope). I personally will not take anything that is not FDA approved. Scientifically, no one knows why some people have azoospermia. It is genetically determined at the time of conception of these men. If one has borderline sperm parameters, supplement and acupuncture helps. If there is no cell to make sperms to begin with, nothing can help to create them. Of course, since you don't know what you are dealing with, the best is to try your best.

There is an interesting read on Dr. Turek website about creating sperms from stem cell. Unfortunately, while scientist are able to create live sperms, they also caused the mice to get testicular cancer in the meantime. We are still 10 yrs behind on the research. Perhaps we should be grateful that we are able to attempt mTESE after all while no one could 10 yrs+ ago.

I think you meant spermatid. Yes, i have heard few stories about the success of using the spermatid. People who only have spermatid are classified as early maturation arrest (i think). I don't recall reading any scientific papers that separates the live birth rate for using spermatid or live sperm for the ICSI. They seem to include both as one statistic. It would be interesting to see it. (Sorry..coming from a scientific mind).
    @femmefetal: yes, it is excellent that you got that many eggs. They were planning to freeze mine for later use if they didn't find any sperm on DH. I didn't care how many eggs i had because what's the point since DrG didn't find a viable one in the theater. I hope FS gives you some answers about DH diagnosis. Take good care of yourself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Malak  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Femmefatal what was your DH FSH level? DH's is 40.9.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bertie: how are you doing? Hope you had a good relax vacation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... thanks, we had a lovely holiday, yes nice and relaxing... but did eat tto much food!! Nevermind. Surprisingly it's already been a week since we got back, gone so quick! Now been busy getting meds and dates organised as AF came yesterday, so back in the swing, ready for our last DE FET from my sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @femmefetal: Nothing i say is going to make you feel better so just a lot of love. Hugs. It will take a LONG time to heal. It hasn't for me.....
    @bertie: I have my toes and fingers crossed for you. I sincerely hope that it is the last magical one for you. And DrM prescribed meds get in your immune system enough to make it works.
    @Malak: wave. Hope you are hanging in there.
    @JenniwithanI: not too long now until the procedure. Either way, I hope you get a bub on first go.

AFM, not doing so well emotionally. I feel like I am back to where i was early this year when I had that chemical pregnancy. Depressed and sad. Strangely, I pretend to be OK in front of people so far. Also, I come close to the conclusion about my last transfer. It seems like another chemical pregnancy. I chatted with a lady who recently got BFP and took pregnyl shot as a progesterone support afterward. Her HCG number suggests neglible amount of pregynl in the system even after 2 days of injection. So any trace of HCG above 5--10 is real. Her first BETA HCG was as low as mine but carry on with the pregnancy so far. I totally dismissed mine as BFN and thought it was left over from pregnyl. A closure but yet couldn't believe my luck of getting two good blasts and both ended in miscarriage. So I am starting to lose confident about IVF. It doesn't seem to bring on a solution to infertility. A lot of heartache. A BFN would have been a less devastating news than knowing I now lost both bubs. I'll contact the donor team and see how far up i am on the list..........

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here we go

Hi all,

@bbhope thank you so much for well wishes - fingers crossed, but staying level headed. It's a long road.
    @FemmeFatale - how are you? I hope you're feeling a little better?
    @MGCBertie - good luck with your meds - we are going through the process same time, I start meds on Saturday first time, feeling excited and nervous.
    @Malak - how are you? any progress?

AFM - I've been crazy running around and getting ready for the first IVF procedure. We are hoping for a miracle, but as I said earlier, we are at peace with Plan B and they are prepared to fertilise using our donor on the day if we don't get DH's. I'm just keen to get some eggs at this stage and pray my end of the equation all works out. I'm still totally unproven.

My drugs are all in - I have picked them up, paid my IVF charges and remortaged the house :-) and ready to start the meds on Saturday. Bit strange about the injections, but all should be fine. It's our only hope so staying positive. I stopped the pill today and expect my period back by Saturday so all has been timed to try and line up for 11/11 for my DH's mTESE.

They have me on Puregon 200 and that drops to 150 with the addition of Orgalutran after 3 days. Then the Ovidrel trigger.

I'm ready and feeling excited but nervous. I pray it works.

I'll keep you posted ladies.

xxx

J

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie: how are you? Did you do the transfer this week? I recall that you were doing IVIG last weekend. Thinking of you. xx
    @JenniwithanI: all the best. I'll reply your PM soon.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (05-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... thanks for thinking of me. I've had BTs every day this week, estrogen was 1100 this morning, but they still want one more BT tomorrow morning to see a surge, so it looks like FET will be next Friday, which is d23, so taken a bit longer than I thought it would. Considering it's our last frostie, I was hoping everything would just go smoothly, so slightly worrying about that. But what would a cycle be if something doesn't go right?!!