Closed Thread
Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Malak;7924536]
    @bbhope – just to see if I understand things correctly. Maturation arrest is to do with the Y chromosome not being correct and this is found in the blood test?
    [\QUOTE]

Oops, forgot to answer this part. No, there is no known cause for maturation arrest. Somehow the sperms just don't mature and thus don't get out. Scientists suspect it is genetic related but don't know what at the moment. Micro-deletion of Y chromosome and AZFa,b,c arm are known genetic defects that cause azoospermia.

Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post

I was thinking today that wouldn’t it be great if the government could give more financial support for those that need to go through IVF. It isn’t our choice to have to go through it. If we could all have children naturally we would.
    I bought DH pumpkins seeds and zinc supplement today to see if that can helps him. Basically, I am willing to do anything at this stage.
    Actually, govt did subsidize a lot for IVF. We spent 17k+ for a fresh cycle without rebate. With rebate, out of pocket cost is about $5k. I know how your ladies feel about doing multiple cycles! It does add up!

Just today, my preg friend visited me at work (grr...after I avoided her for the entire 9 months....). I don't know what trigger the conversation about medicare. She said that there is no benefit of being PR with medicare because she is still paying a lot for priv insurance and hardly uses rebate from medicare. I told her that it does make a huge difference for us. She asked me to give examples and I immediately changed the subject. LoL.

It isn't just IVF. I have been seeing a clinical psychology for my depression. The medicare plan gives pretty good rebate. Much more than my PHI will give me.

[QUOTE=Malak;7924536]
    @DJ Nette – Thanks J. I know that DH will never change his mind about donor sperm. He feels bad that be may not be able to give me a child and even said that I could leave him and find someone who can give me a child L
    [\QUOTE]

As Nette said, don't discount on the donor just yet. I don't know if my DH is fully on board just yet but he is slowly accepting it. Yes, he is also like your DH, said no to donor and told me to find someone else. He even said no to IVF at the very beginning! But deep down, he knows how much I am hurt and how much I want to be a mother. It hurts him deeply too. It would be unfair to take away my right to have a biological child (assuming nothing wrong with my eggs which is still yet to be determined). He sees that people divorce and raise other people children. So you know what i mean. It is one step at a time process so just wait and see. The counselor warned me, though. If we don't come to an agreement, one has to make tough decision. I hope we don't have to get to that......
    Last edited by bbhope; 08-09-2014 at 20:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, just wanted to pop in & say that DH has NOA & we now have a bub. He had surgical extraction done last time after 16 needle aspirations revealed no sperm. I think they found 12 live sperm. He has one undescended teste & definitely has testicular failure. Low testosterone etc. DS is now 19 months & we tried recently for a sibling for him, but it looks like my eggs are now old & dodgy as well as azoo. I think this whole azoo thing is a particularly cruel form of infertility. It sucks. We know we have zero chance every month, unless we both undergo invasive IVF procedures. The pain & the sting of infertility never leaves you. My heart goes out to all of you still on the journey for a bub xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ertgirl: sorry to hear that your second round didnt work out. Your DH is so brave for doing the mTESE again. My DH would say no even if it is being offered (dont know if drG would offer as the prognosis is pretty bad). He didnt even bother to cut open the other testis. We are lucky to get 2 embies but not lucky enough in the end to have live birth. Similar result as yours if i remember correctly. 1 chemical and then 1 bfn. Unfortunately, no luck for further tries.

All the best for whatever you decide next. Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Malak just wanted to say I was in your exact position 2 years ago. My DH has NOA as well. No known reason for it he was just born that way. When we first found out it was devastating. It was like a death. The death of the dream of having our own family. We mourned for a long time. We talked about asking his brother, a friend or even advertising but he decided he would rather use an anonymous donor. That way the donor would have no input on the baby and if our child wanted to contact them when they are older they can.

I just gave birth to our baby boy last month. We had 3 unsuccessful transfers before we fell pregnant. I know my DH looks at our boy and doesn't think of him as anything else but his baby. It will be difficult to tell him about his conception but we both feel it is important for him to know the truth. I've asked him does he wish we could of had our own baby but he says if that happened we wouldn't have 'this' baby and he wouldn't change it for the world.

I guess all I'm saying is give it time. You never know you might be the lucky one that has success and find some sperm. If not take time, morn the loss and do plenty of talking. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to PM me.

Hi to Bertie and BB hope you both are well and im still thinking of you's x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie – What is COQ10 for and also do you need a prescription for it or is it just over the counter? He has been having Menevit for about 2 months now

@bbhope – Yeah private insurance is still expensive as an Australian citizen, but of course it depends what kind of cover you want. If people want top private hospital cover for hospital then they have to pay the price for it unfortunately. Maybe people also just expect Medicare to cover a whole lot more than what it does. I know we get about 50% back for our GP visit (they usually don’t bulk bill) but hey that is better than nothing. I can’t complain when I had surgery a few years ago and the entire thing was paid for through Medicare. I remember seeing a physchologist years ago and only had to pay about $40 per visit after rebate, it was a pretty good deal .

@etgirl – You have no idea what your post means! It has given me hope that there is hope for NOA guys J. Congrats on your DS

Thanks all for the information about donors. I guess really we are at the early steps and Thursday is the first step in finding out some more information. Unfortunately the progress is not going to be as fast as I hope.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Malak... COQ10 is just bought over the counter and is found even just in supermarkets. It's primarily for "heart health", e.g. reduce cholesterole, but is used in fertility issues to increase blood flow, and was recommended for both him and her :-))

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Malak  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Malak... COQ10 is just bought over the counter and is found even just in supermarkets. It's primarily for "heart health", e.g. reduce cholesterole, but is used in fertility issues to increase blood flow, and was recommended for both him and her :-))
    This thread just popped up in my "unread" list, and MGCBertie, did you know it says you posted on 01/01/1970?
    Anyway, I've "met" a few of you through other azo threads, but for those I don't know, DH and I have three children conceived using anon donor. Let me know if I can help answer any questions from the other side. Big hugs to all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @McG Bertie - Thanks . I just got some from the supermarket. Expensive but pretty much willing to try anything at this stage.

Sometimes I think ... it is a bad dream and they were mistaken and I will end up pregnant naturally not even trying *sigh*.

Does anyone's DH struggle with the diagnosis? Mine is finding it hard and doesn't like to talk about it much but I did get out of him that he doesn't feel like a man . Breaks my heart so much especially when he wants to give me his kids but doesn't know if he can.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    Does anyone's DH struggle with the diagnosis? Mine is finding it hard and doesn't like to talk about it much but I did get out of him that he doesn't feel like a man . Breaks my heart so much especially when he wants to give me his kids but doesn't know if he can.
    I can't speak for others. My DH was in denial for a long time. He didn't like to talk about it much to me and still doesn't. I am the one who like to bring up the conversation every now and then. He like to keep it to himself which I find it unhealthy. He hasn't told anyone at all. He doesn't want to see a counsellor as he sees it as a private matter and doesn't wish to discuss it with a stranger. I wish he is a bit more open about it. When he is in doubt about the donor, he is probably afraid others to know. Despite me keep telling him that there is nothing to be ashamed about as it is a medical condition, he still feels gutted of not having his bio child. I can't help much if he doesn't want to let it out. If you DH is willing to go to counseling, I would strongly recommend it. I, myself, have been seeing one since early this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Safam... lol, I definitely only posted yesterday and not in 1970 (considering I wasn't even born then!!)

Malak... my DH isn't too bad, but even though he talks to MY mum about IVF all the time (or rather he answers her questions!!), I don't think he's had a serious conversation with his own parents in the whole three years. He listens to me talk about all my research and Bubhub advice, but won't partake in doing any research himself, so I'm left with all of that. But compared to some other DHs on Bubhub, I guess I'm lucky, as he is very supportive of me, and so far has let me do most things (though I do think he's coming to the end of his tether).