Closed Thread
Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah...that's on the other side of town. Hopefully, thing goes well and we might bump into each other one weekend at DrM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie so sorry to hear it didn't go well this time round, I hope meeting with FS helps sort out next steps so you can look forward!

Bbhope all the best for your appointment as well.

How awesome that you may bump into each other soon! Azoo girls rule!

Bubs is due next Friday, time has flown by. I'm proof it can happen. Precious bubs for all of us please!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissJude For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MissJude. It has been a long road for us azoo gals. I am sure that u cant wait the bub arrival. The embie is on board and I have done everything at this point. Back to the west for the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking bbhope. Any day now. I'm due on Friday so fingers crossed it happens soon

7. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow - how exciting for you both - MissJude and TwoSouls... for a moment there I thought you were both due on the same day!!! Good luck, I bet you're both rather excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, ladies,

it is very sad and unfortunate to say that our journey to have DH biological child is officially over. I wish we could have a mircale DrG bub on here. I had done and tried everything this cycle so there is no regret. We know deep down that it is unlikely to work this cycle but I couldn't leave that embie behind and not even give it a chance. It is a closure for me so now we need to move on with our life. That angel baby will never be forgotten.

I must say that it is not an ideal 2WW that I anticipated. I was full with stress from the meds. The result isn't unexpected as I didn't have any hint of symptom like I did last time (after the fact). However, I was hoping the meds were masking the symptoms. DH actually wasn't surprised with the outcome since I didn't really have the "crazy" behavior that I had last time.

One thing that I am not at all happy is being put on pregnyl shot on 14dpo this cycle. The 16dpo BT is inconclusive despite knowing it is likely the left over of pregnyl. They won't put me out of the misery over the weekend but to wait until the BT today to confirm (still not yet zero). I was quite eager to stop the meds and it would have saved me another trip to get a new batch of progesterone. It certainly didn't stop me from crying early on. Because of this, I cannot conclude if it is another chemical pregnancy which is a rather important information for me to decide if I want to continue on the immune protocol. I am all up for it this time around because i want to do it without regret knowing I've given the best receptive environment for the embie.

All the best to those who are planning on the mTESE. I sincerely hope to hear a success story with Dr.G on this thread down the track.
    Last edited by bbhope; 18-08-2014 at 22:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope..... oh, I'm so, so sorry that it didn't work for you. Considering how far you got with the first one, I was so sure, that it would be the same for this one. And to think you've done so much more this cycle, what with the immune treatment. But I agree, at least you know that you've done everything possible, and won't have any regrets later on. Thinking of you and your DH. How's he faring?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, PM you.

To be in a less serious way, I would be buying lotto if we get lucky twice. One can't make a baby without healthy eggs and sperms. Men produce millions and DrG got few from DH. or like the scientist told me when i asked about the quality -- "we used whatever we could find!". It has to be extremely lucky to get one that has normal chromosome. I certainly can't make the conclusion for the first embie because everything started until the stage when immune dsyfunction can be a problem. I am hoping that my problem is minor and there is no more hurdle if we decide to proceed with donor.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if it is the right thread to post this but I suppose most of you have gone through the process with donor sperm.....

Did your DH come around with it because of you or genuinely want to be a parent? Have it come across your mind that it is being selfish for the sake of wanting to be a parent? Have you ever wondered what the child might think of you in this case? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sure my DH wants to be a dad just as much as I want to be a mum. He has told me many times, that he came to peace with using donor sperm much before I did, I think partly because he kind of had an indication that something went wrong years ago when he had to take serious steroids for a leg injury (well before the time that doctors ever thought about consequences with steroids).

As to what the child will think, I've thought about that many, many times. I sometimes think that the child will think that we would have wanted a biological child (which we did!), and because we couldn't, ended up with him / her instead (which will be true), as a kind of second-hand option. I keep shaking my head at that, but a part of me knows that it is true. Yes, I will love the child ever so much, considering what we've been through to get him/her, so am hopefully that if I ever get a BFP that these thoughts will hopefully fade away and other loving thoughts take over and fill my head instead.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (25-08-2014)