Closed Thread
Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope....well, at least you've got some good information there. Perhaps also ask Dr M / G to send you a photocopy of the result sheets, so you can have them in your file. In the early days it was like pulling teeth to get photocopies, but I've found recently that I just ask and it's no problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes i emailed G/Dr M for a copy. My FS did suggest the NK cell biopsy but with the scratch at the same time. Meaning a month before the transfer. I didnt want to do that as I want to be sure of everything before going into a cycle. My FS might be interested in the result, although i dont know she likes the idea of treating it. So will find out when i talk to her next. Can you PM me your protocol with Dr M? That's summary of when to start the med etc? Are you taking any vitamin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... I just recently stumbled onto another thread here, where people with NKCs and high ANAs are listing their protocol, so rather than PMing it to you, I think you should check that out, as I've put mine there, but you'll find a few others. Here's the link:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...mmune-protocol
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 29-05-2014 at 20:33.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone doing? I dont think i would ever feel ready mentally to try again. In any case, i am thinking to do the FET next month. I believe that i have done all the investigations i could at this point. And we could only hope for the best. The chance is so slim but try to stay positive. I am getting very very nervous......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Been a few weeks since I have been on here, but you are always in my mind.

MGC - I'm sorry to read that things weren't successful for you again. Did you find out why perhaps? Is there anything more you can do?

BBhope - I'm sorry to hear you are nervous about your next FET - thinking of you too.

We have had some progress from our end really just in getting organised for the mTESE procedure in October. We have selected our surgeon - one whom Dr G recommended to us who has returned from being with Cornell and Dr Schlegal in NYC for the past two years and fortunately he is from Melbourne so whilst he's not practiced the procedure here, he has done it 100's of times wit Dr Schlegal. So we feel fortunate that we have him here.

In addition, we have started the counselling associated with sperm donors and have received our list to choose from, but we are just not sitting well with the idea that there are only 35 sperm donors here which allows up to 10 families (not to be confused with ten children) which means our offspring could have 10, 20, 30, 40 half-siblings walking around. My DH sent me a link to Cryobank as we think we are going to look abroad to international donor companies if we are unsuccessful in October with the mTESE. Since we have been given a near to 0% chance of finding sperm during the proceedure, we are canvassing this option as a back-up plan. The issue with international is that we can't do the embryo transfer here in Victoria - needs to be done in Canberra. So, I think we'll just try the mTESE first, I'll do the IVF stimulation and hopefully get some eggs in October and think about plan B and Canberra. We are also looking at known donor options too but my DH is an only child so are options are limited, however we have support of my father-in-law..... a lot to consider....

Have you ladies had any experience with the unknown vs known sperm donors and what do you think about the multiple families legislation??? Is it just us or does that not sit that well with you too?

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, JenniwithanI,

I actually haven't spoken to DH about the donor since the counselling. He seemed a bit more positive afterward as the session cleared up a lot of worries and misconceptions. However, he doesn't really want to talk about baby recently -- maybe he feels that life is in fact fine without it. I can't read his mind so it is something we really talk about soon.

Does Vic allow sperm importation? WA isn't allowed and thus the long 2 yrs waiting period. As far as i know, WA limit is 5 families. NSW also only allows the donor to have 5 families but worldwide (including donor family). I don't have any problem with 5 families limit. That's because people who use donor are unlikely wanting to have a big family. 5x2=10 is still a reasonable number for me. My parents are both from big families (12+ siblings!). At least for me anyway, I would be happy to just have one.

It sounded like things are moving on with you. I am talking to FS next week and will need 2 short trips to sydney. A lot to organize.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JenniwithanI.... yes, as Bbhope says, NSW only allows 5 families (4 + donors own family), so that's fine with us. But I don't think 10 families would have worried us much either, as the chances of the baby growing up and bumping into any one of them would be so slim, compared to how many people live in Australia. We also had the issue of DH not having any brothers, his father too old (plus I was a little funny about that), and DH really not wanting to ask any of his cousins, and no male friends being right or wanting to ask. DH much preferred the anonymous donor path, so that's what we've been doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To add, my DH has a half brother but that would certainly be a no. My mother in law wont want anything to do with the other side of tne family. Known donor is just awkward to us. One thing that comforts DH during the donor counselling session is that there is "no trace" of this child is ever conceived via donor. Of course, the clinic knows. The legal documents, birth certificate etc will just be like every other parents. The OB doesnt even have to know.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update.... After two years of my FS saying he doesn't believe in Natural Killer Cells (and me going behind his back to Dr M anyhow!), my FS says today, "We should test you for Natural Killer Cells". I could have fallen off my seat, but just smiled inside! So as I was having a Day 21 endometrial scratch anyhow, he did it there and then. I know that it's not the full NKC biopsy that Dr M does and sends off overseas, but it's certainly a start, especially since I've not been able to have the full one done with Dr M due to timings of IVF cycles in the past 6 months since I've been seeing him.

I asked my FS some my questions - he will continue with aspiring and clexane, but wouldn't agree to Prednisolone (which I've been taken for the previous 3 cycles anyhow) as he says it can cause cleft palate. I hadn't heard that before, but thought it strange since on my last cycle one of my nurses actually commented about Prednisolone, so obviously some doctors at that clinic are prescribing it, but obviously not mine. When I mentioned Dexamethasane, I thought he was going to have a fit, so that was a "no" from him. Then I mentioned Feldene (Piroxicam) which is meant to stop the uterus contracting during ET, but he'd never heard of it. He looked it up right there and then, but the first study he found (one from 2009) said it didn't work, so a "no" for that too. I kind of gave up at that point, as was planning to ask about Augementin, Doxycycline and Nuprogen, but I think I'll just leave all those, plus the "no's" for Dr M next week, whom I'm likely to get a less biased opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, i only heard about dex might cause cleft lip. I dont know about psednisolone. I think dex passes through placenta but not prednisolone? I will be taking it this coming cycle to tame the ANA. As for the biopsy, my FS suggested me to do it while i am doing the endo scratch. Ie. A month before the transfer. As you know, i ignore it and went ahead with the biopsy and will do the endo scratch later. This is to make sure that i know the result before the cycle. I am glad i did as it turns out to be high on the nk cell in the uterus. I dont know if FS believes in it. I will find out when i talk to her next. I am giving all in at this point. Actually, the biopsy is tested at the lab in sydney not done oversea.

Since you inject clexane, do you know if it has to be on a certain schedule?

I am trying to organise the trips and hope AF is cooperating. Pls cold virus stays away from me.....people at work are sick.....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by bbhope; 05-07-2014 at 03:15.