Closed Thread
Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bertie: maybe it is the east coast thing. Many perth clinics do day 3 freeze. ie after doing day 3 transfer due to small number. I know that because few ladies were doing 8 cells FET. It cant be day 5 embies. But some clinics were also strict about day 5.

I am going to see the donor counsellor. What am i expecting for the session?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... that's interesting about the day 3 embies being frozen. As to donor counselling - gosh how many times did I have to sit through that -
    1) DH and I together at one clinic,
    2) next clinic wanted us to do it again, but I refused and did a phone consult with just me, not DH,
    3) then again Dh and I when we planned to use donor eggs,
    4) then fourth time with DH, dear sister and me.
    It was all the same - go through background and history of family structure, who with your family/friends have you already talked to about IVF and donors, and how these people feel about it (want to see what support structures you have), how do you plan to tell your child that he/she came from DS/DE (the answer they want to hear here, is that you plan to tell the child as he/she grows up, so that it doesn't come as a shock). Can you remind me again another day, and I'll drag out the questions counsellor one asked us, and see what else there were.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 14-05-2014 at 14:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in quickly to say we transferred one expanded blastocyst this morning :-)) Prof I was happy with that, and so are we! In the end, day 5 results were 2 x expanded blasts (one which we transferred, the other frozen), 2 x morulas (both frozen), 3 x 8-12 cells (that they'll keep until day 6 and see if they progress enough for freezing), and the runt that turned into a morula, but was graded C so unsuitable for freezing. So at the moment we have 3 embies frozen, which is amazing, since we've never had any ever before. Now just settle in, keep myself busy and wait out for BT on 26 May :-)) Thanks everyone again for all your lovely wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats, Bertie!! Wohoo! Wonderful outcome! Even expanded blast! Everyone must be very happy. Good job for the sister as well. FX and hope to hear good news in 2 weeks time. It would be the same day that I'll talk to Dr. M about my result. Hope that nothing serious.........

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I got a BFN on a HPT this morning - 9dp5dt. Not entirely surprised, but had soooooo hoped that having my sister's donor eggs was going to be the breakthrough we needed. But it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Very sad, as I now just don't think it will happen for us, since donor sperm and donor eggs didn't work. Will POAS the next two days and then official BT is Monday.

We still have three of my sister's frosties, so will be looking at everything regarding implantation etc before doing an FET, even though I'm already doing Dr M's immune protocol with Intrallipids, aspirin, prednisolone and clexane (this is the third time using Dr M's protocol). It's obviously my body, rather than my previous "old eggs", which in a way, makes me feel a little more annoyed/sad in that my eggs may have been OK, but my body won't even let it start to implant. Will let you know if there's any exciting change tomorrow - trying to think positive :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no. Bertie. Hugs. I have been thinking of you. I really hope that it is just a bit too early for the HPT to detect. FX! As suggested by people on the other thread, perhaps a more invasive protocol for the FET if this round doesn't work.

AFM: We did the donor counselling at WA clinic. The session was surprisingly better than I thought. I was glad that hubby didn't bail the last minute like he did for signing the IVF paperwork. I listened and hubby were asking a lot of questions. I didn't get a chance to ask him about how he feels afterward as I had a terrible/sad week at work. Heading home today...no more travel and will start thinking about the FET. I'll find out more on monday about the test result.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope....thanks for that. Todays HPT on 10dp5dt was also BFN, so fairly resigned now. I have the slightest hope that Monday might say something different, but fairly "over" it now. I don't know much about FETs (a seasoned IVF veteran from 8 cycles), but FETs are new, so am going to have to do some serious research here before FET. Glad that the counselling went well - that's one hurdle done. I'll be interested what your results from Dr M turn out, and what he says to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw your other post. I am really sorry to hear about the BFP. Hugs. Yes, definately checking everything out before doing the FET. This is what i have been doing before transfering our last embryo. I don't know much about the FET. I'll have to make an appointment with FS to discuss further as we haven't talked to each other since my positive ANA result. My FS ordered the test.......I am still hesistating to tell her about seeing Dr. M. The guy who is going to do the endo scratch for me in Perth absolutely doesn't believe in it. I learned that from a lady who is seeing him for IVF.

Unfortunately, Dr. M didn't call me today. I don't know what happened. I am at home all day today as they don't tell me a specific time. Even if they do, they always late etc. It is always like that for phone consult regardless of doctor. I am surprised that he didn't even call this time. A SMS would have been nice but oh well it must be a good reason. I am getting a bit worried about my result now.......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I think you should phone them and tell them you stayed in the whole day, and ask what happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It isn't a big deal. I figure it must be a reason. I stayed at home whenever there was a phone consult. It just isn't convenient to talk at work. I planned to stay at home yesterday anyway as I needed to get over jetlag. Oh...not exactly know what happened. They said Dr. M called but couldn't get through my phone. I will just blame the network connection as it did happen to me before. I don't know how this country functions without a reliable mobile phone network. Anyway, I am not mad or anything. I like both Dr. M and my FS. I was just very anxious to know about my result.

Result is back. As expected, the biopsy shows elevated NK cells. My BT for NK cells also shows that which I already knew. I feel like this journey just gets a lot more complicated. Dr. M draws up a plan. I hope he or G sends me a summary of the plan as the phone connection was quite bad for me to catch everything he said.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-05-2014)