Closed Thread
Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie wishing you all the luck in the world ❤️ I'll be logging back on to see you how you go x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie - that sounds very promising indeed! Keeping my fingers crossed and wishing u all the luck in the world x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer123 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG Bertie!! That's fantastic! It sounded promising. So happy for you!

AFM, I went over east for a day to do the NK cell biopsy and hysteroscopy. The cramping is worse than EPU. My throat is still feeling sore from the tube that they put down on me. The reason for investigating this is due to ANA positive, elevated anti-DNA and NK cell BTs. FX that it isn't that bad as if azoospermia isn't enough hurdle. Once this is sorted out, perhaps I'll finally think about the FET. In the meantime, while hubby hasn't come to term with the donor, we are going to sit through a donor counseling session this week so we can be on the list here in WA. It is never an intention for me to wait it out 2 yrs here in WA if it comes to this. But if we would have done so last year, we would have been 1 yr into the waiting list.

dreamer123: when are you doing your FET?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Happy Would-Love-To-Be Mother's Day to us all. Never an easy day, but I just focus on how amazing future mother's day's will be when we get there. And we will.

Bertie - I'm only new to the eggs and transfers talk as we haven't been able to get that stage yet, but that does sound very promising. I am wishing you all the very very very best.

BBHope - I replied to your PM. Apologises for delay - I wasn't sure how to get to the message but worked it out.

Ladies keep me posted on how things are going - I think about this group and all your situations a lot and it does help me get through every day.

xJ

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JenniewithanI.... when you look at my signature and see the slim pickings that I had over 8 full stim cycles with my own eggs, and then compare it to the success of this donor egg cycle, you'll see how different it is. AFM..... we had more great news today - it's really quite unbelievable and I keep having to shake my head - day 3 embryo results - 7 x 8A (absolutely perfect) and 1 x 7B (a bit behind, but crazily we would have used this one on any of our previous 8 cycles, and this time this one won't even get a look in!!). They did assisted hatching today in preparation for transfer on Wednesday (which probably was needed for my old eggs, but probably not actually necessary on these eggs, but done now). We're hedging towards transferring just 1 embryo - I like the idea of twins, but personally don't like the risk factors, premie births and difficulty carrying them when I'm not super fit, plus thyroid issues. On a side note my FS also rang to say that even though he's increased my dose of Thyroxine, my TSH still hasn't gone below 4 (which is only just a tad higher than normal range). He's never worried about it before in my previous cycles with him, but I've read recently that now some FSs like TSH to be below 2. So he's increased the dosage again. Has anyone heard anything about Thyroid levels and implantation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, glad to hear!! How do they decide that it is a B grade? Fragmentation? FS didn't grade mine until day 5. It seems pretty early to grade them. With this number, you should have plenty to freeze. Sorry, I don't know much about thryoid issue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... you will find that that all places probably do grade them right through, it's just taken me many cycles to ask all the right questions to get this kind of information - I've always found that they don't tell you too many details unless you ask specifics. Yes, A grade (no matter how many cells) is about being perfect, even cells and round. B grade can find some cells uneven, different sizes, not perfectly round. Best thing I found is to google for pictures of A + B cells - there's a few good sites that show all sorts of cell development.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, I wasn't told much. I was so nervous everytime the scientist called (like i couldn't breath)! Our angel baby is a grade A. Perfect.

Interesting. Then, I don't know why my FS wasn't positive our late starter as it is graded A early blast in the end on day 6. We were told that the late starter was unlikely to make it to freeze on the day 5 transfer. To be honest, I would protest if they wouldn't let me freeze the morula as many people freeze day 3 embies.

You know, I actually didn't know if they actually used that 1 sperm Dr. G found in the theater. That one is abnormal but the scientist didn't tell me anything about the quality of other sperms. All i know is that they used whatever they could find from the sample. I felt a bit of let down, thinking they could have tried to find more if I had more eggs. I am still not done researching about azoospermia. I never heard of Dr. G uses spermatid. It seems like the success rate is low but not impossible.

Best of luck Bertie! Keep the good news coming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for delayed reply! Work is crazy busy right now.

Jenni, I always read my hubby all the posts and keep him updated on how everyone is going. It’s kind of nice because it opens up the conversation for us too. Although things are very positive for us now, it’s been a tough journey and I think it’s good to talk, talk, talk about it. As for who to tell I had a really tough time with that too. I was worried that people may treat our child differently if they knew and I felt really protective of them. In the end we ended up telling our close group of friends (about 8 people), our parents and hubby’s sister. We felt that it was nothing to be ashamed of but at the same time it’s nobody’s business. So we chose to tell those who knew about our IVF journey and that were really important to us. We wanted them to be prepared so that, should our child ask them about how they came to be in future or want to talk about it with them, they would know and be ready to respond. I think it’s a really personal decision though and what worked for us might not be the best for someone else. I think it’s easier for us in a way because we have a few gay friends that have used donor sperm so our group of close friends is already used to the idea anyway. I’m sure you guys will choose what is right for you and I think it’s perect that you are obviously so aware of his feelings, thoughts and how to best deal with it for both of you.

Bertie, that is amazing! Such good numbers, sounds really positive, I’ve got nothing but good vibes and good luck for you! Wahoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... I haven't heard of people freezing embies on day 3. All my experience has been that it needs to be a Blastocyst by day 5 in order to freeze. I just don't know what to say / think about many of our sperm experiences too. DH is positive that they never really looked very hard for sperm in his samples, due to the fact that our very first clinic found 1 good sperm after spinning his sample for 4 hours. No other clinic put that much effort in, and therefore never found any sperm. MissJude... I was interested in reading about who you have told and why. I keep thinking about that all the time - who to tell, how to tell them - I keep running it over and over in my head!