Closed Thread
Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JenniwithanI... always very sorry to hear of others in a similar position to us, but glad that my struggles over the past two years can at least provide some advice for you. That's what is so good about BubHub, such a lot of learning, support and advice here. My DH seemed to come to terms about using donor sperm much quicker than I did, I think partially because he had an inkling that medical things in his 20s had affected him (even though all the FSs have said that it wasn't a cause).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for not posting for so long - no progress from our side until today. I still follow your stories closely and am happy when there is a BFP and my heart cries with you when thats not the case.

After our initial visit to Dr G in Sydney end-2013 (we are based in Perth), he got DH to take the genetic test, to cover all bases (SA, FSH, test, inhibin b, biopsy all done earlier) . The genetic test came back clear (no Klienfeiters) where Dr G then diagnosed DH's condition as maturation arrest. He mentioned the chance of finding sperm was 30% (from 50% earlier) which makes it easier for us to not go ahead with mtese as DH did not even want to do it with a 50% chance. So here we are at the moment. We are already 9 months on the donor list in WA (almost 2 year wait) so depending on time off I can get in my new job and financial situation we will either go to Sydney to get donor sperm (shorter waiting list and more disclosure of donor) or wait it out here in Perth.

On donor sperm, same as MGC Bertie, DH came to terms with it pretty quickly. Im still struggling but I hope to come to peace with it sooner than later, although its already been a year. Im just a slow learner

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meltdown For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (28-03-2014),MGC Bertie  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dreamer: I see you have hypothryoidism on your signature. Did they give you med to treat the condition? If I am not mistaken, hypothroidism is one of the auto-immune diseases. I know that there is a controversial about the immunology and pregnancy. Perhaps it is worth looking into.

Bertie: I am just thinking about you. I hope the next cycle with good egg and sperm will work out for you. Hope the counselling sessions help you as well. I am crying too much these days....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hope, yes I'm on thyroxine to treat the hypothyroidism. I'll ask about any links with immune issues - thanks. How are things going with you? Xx

Me: 34, hypothyroidism
    DH: 33, azoospermia
    Nov 2013 ICSI #1 with frozen TESA. 8 EC, 2 fert, transferred 1 day 3 embryo, BFN.
    Jan 2014 ICSI #2 with fresh TESA. 7 EC, 3 fertilised. Transferred 1 day 5 blast - BFN. 2 x day 6 frosties

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DeterminedOne, my hubby and I used ICSI with donor sperm after a failed mtese. All his tubules appeared normal but not a sperm to be seen. Good news is, I'm 20 weeks pregnant and we are over the moon.

bbhope - How are things going with you? Hope you are well.

MGC Bertie - Thinking of you and hoping that 2014 is your year! x

Hi JenniwithanI, it really is such a shock, totally understand how you feel. Everything was normal for us too. I've heard so much about Dr Golovsky and he sounds amazing. I really hope you have been getting the answers that you need. You are definitely not alone. It can feel so isolating sometimes but this forum does make you realise that you are not alone.

littlesunflowers - CONGRATULATIONS! I am soooo happy for you both. How exciting. Big hugs. x

Meltdown - My other half came to terms with donor sperm quite quickly too, quicker than I did! Seems surprising but that's a few people I've read that about now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MissJude For This Useful Post:

littlesunflowers  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking MissJude and dreamer. The progress has been very slow on my end. I am investigating the immune problem at the moment and waiting out the waiting period of priv insurance. It is quite annoying that gyno related procedure hospital stay also needs to serve 1 yr waiting period. I thought only the ivf. I also had a difficult time to find someone to do the NK cell biopsy for me here in perth (a word that no one is willing to talk about in the IVF community). So I have to make a special trip out to Sydney to do it. Luckily, i found someone to do the endo scratch here in perth. Actually the NK cell biopsy is the same thing as endo scratch. It is just sending the sample to test. Getting someone to do the endo scratch is easy just hard for a controversial test. Ideally, you want to do it the same time but i decided to do it separately as I want to make sure nothing wrong with me before proceed with the transfer. Still a bit hard to accept that we missed the ANA problem the first time and might have wasted our miracle embryo. Oh..what i say here might not make any sense to most of you.

Anyway, I am suffering from depression. Every little thing makes me cry. I haven't enjoyed life for a long time. I am seeking counselling at the moment but the progress has been slow. Hubby is still burying his head in the sand and hasn't come to term with the donor. Sigh.....i think i have thought about it since the azoo diagnostic last yr so have pretty much come to term about it. I will get us on the donor list in WA when i meet the perth FS to discuss the endo scratch next week. I try not to keep my hope up on our frozen slow starter (as much as I want it to have another miracle). All i can do is try everything i could and hope for the best.

Dreamer: perhaps your auto immu issue is a hurdle for your preg so far. Check out the high NK cell thread on bubhub. I am on there. Everyone there read dr beers book "is your body baby friendly" and I bought one (in the mail). As i mentioned, the auto immu treatment for preg is highly controversial. There are only a handful of FS believes in it. Some ladies get a ear full by even mention it to their FS in perth. Another good read is blog on "haveababy" website by Sher institute.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'm sorry things are so difficult for you just now. I'm pleased to hear that your seeking counselling - perhaps it may be an idea to speak to your GP about feeling depressed too...

It sounds like you are definitely covering all the bases before your next transfer - I know the wait must be very difficult tho. It's just as important that you're strong mentally as well as physically before you try again though so u need to focus on getting yourself better and don't be afraid to ask for help.

This process is incredibly difficult so try not to be too hard on yourself. Take care x

Me: 34, hypothyroidism
    DH: 33, azoospermia
    Nov 2013 ICSI #1 with frozen TESA. 8 EC, 2 fert, transferred 1 day 3 embryo, BFN.
    Jan 2014 ICSI #2 with fresh TESA. 7 EC, 3 fertilised. Transferred 1 day 5 blast - BFN. 2 x day 6 frosties

Thanks
    Reviews
    @dreamer: how are things going on your side? I am just wondering if your day 6 frosties are fully blast.

How is everyone doing?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, BBhope I am so sorry you're feeling so down. I definitely agree with Dreamer123 you should get some extra support. I really hope you can get some good support around you. We all need it. Speaking of which, I'm keen to know how many of you have told friends/family? I have told my mum (my dad passed away two years ago) and my DH's parents, my brother and sister-in-law (who have fertility challenges of their own on my sister-in-law's side), and my boss at work. And I only just told my two best friends begging them not to say anything to anyone else - they were shocked and upset I kept it from them for six months. I guess I'm a big torn between protecting my DH and also protecting the future child if indeed it becomes donor sperm. I'm grappling with dealing with this alone - but when I told my DH I told my girlfriends he was quite upset about it. We have put the pause button for the last month or so since seeing Dr G because he basically gave us the same prognosis as Dr R in Melbourne until we move onto the mTese in October. We have been trying not to think about it all, but on the long weekend, my DH really started to feel bad about it again. He said the saddest thing on the weekend - he looks down, and feels angry and empty down there... sometimes I just feel so heart-broken more for him than I. I just wondered if anyone has had experience with telling friends and what to say and if your DH has had the support from mates without feeling embarrassed?? Maybe it would help to get our DH's onto this thread under their own thread? Would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenniwithani: i cant pm you. Perhaps do another post to get 5 count for activating the PM?
    Last edited by bbhope; 29-04-2014 at 18:40.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (30-04-2014)