Closed Thread
Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you MissJude and massive congratulations on your pregnancy! Your story is very inspiring - you've obviously been through so much adversity in your journey but you've ended up with the most amazing outcome!

We keep telling ourselves that we both know we want to be parents so we're sure that will happen for us. Just don't know when or how, and stories like yours help to give me more hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJude View Post
    Hey bbhope, I'm going good, thank you for asking. Sorry for being quiet. My work has gotten crazy busy and I am wrecked at the end of the day. How are things with you?
    So glad to hear that things are going well on your side. 2 more weeks to hit the trimester mark. We haven't had any happy story here for a while.

I am not doing very well. I haven't been able to focus back at work in the last few weeks. It was like that full last year and my performance isn't as good. If i don't keep up, I will lose my job. I sometime just want to quit really but can't. Too much traveling for me as well. I should enjoy but i just couldn't any more with my life focuses so much at the infertility journey. We don't have medicare and knew that my priv insurance won't cover the IVF cycle charges (still on waiting period as our previos cover was lower). BUT I was hoping to get some money back for the day hospital charges but they refused because the admission is fertility treatment related. So it is over our initial budget at the moment. Hubby is still in shutdown mood. I don't really know how to deal with it because it is driving me crazy which makes me even angry sometime. Anyway, seeing the counselor locally next week finally but we are getting financial stress at the moment with no rebate for everything. So it is not practical to see the counselor so often. Sorry...enough complain. Hubby just threw his tantrum at me today.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Dreamer123 : did your hubby do any other genetic test? Like microdeletion and karotype? If CF came back clear, it shouldn't be missing vas deferens. Undescended testes as a child?

I really like the cornell site. Have a look.
    https://www.cornellurology.com/clini...e-infertility/

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe that although vas deferens absence is usually linked to being a CF carrier, it's not a given - men can be missing the vas deferens and not carry the CF gene. When we had our TESA DH's genetic tests were all clear but they still thought that was the cause of his azoospermia.

Hi Dreamer and Missjadels - sorry to see you in this thread, but I hope we can be of some help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @bphope and @littlesunflowers. DH did have more genetic testing done which came back clear. I'm afraid that I don't know which tests they did exactly, but they did say they were genetic and something to do with chromosomes! I should know the exact tests but there was just so much going on at the time. I'll ask and find out. They did say they wondered if he had a blockage caused by a sporting injury (of which he's has a few)! But tbh I think it was a bit of a guess. I think we'll see how we go with our little frosties and will potentially see if we can get a referral to see a urologist to find out more about the cause of his azoospermia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Dreamer123: focus on the FET. If money is tight, dont bother with any urologist in perth just yet. I dont have any one to recommend because the urologist referred by DH GP refused to see him after a month wait and told us to go straight to FS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie, hope you are counseling with the sister went well. Have you started a new cycle with Fertility First?
    @twosouls, hope everything go well with the bub.
    @littlesunflower, did I miss your due date?

How is everyone else doing?

AFM, I am still waitng for the series BT result to come back. I also make an appointment with Dr. M who specialized in immunology sometime later this month. I just need to rule out any potential problem that caused my miscarriage. I know everyone keeps telling me that it is probably chromosome abnomality but I don't have 3rd chance. I feel rather alone here on this journey at the moment. Hubby isn't interested in knowing more (a way to protect himself).

We will have to go shopping for his niece (1 yr old) next weekend. Fun, eh? I might enjoy it but bitter about what I don't have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello all - sorry for my absence. Was taking a nice break, but then ended up in hospital 3 times in the past fortnight with excruciating kidney stones! As if I haven't had enough hospital visits in the past two years!! Anyhow they've been laser blasted now, so have started my next (and last own egg) cycle.

Bbhope....we actually start our first counselling session tomorrow at IVFA, though we do this first one and the second one separately to give us all time to think. Then there's a third session that we do together - quite a long process. But yes, we started our 8th cycle two last night, so EPU about 3 March. As much as I'd love it to work, part of me at the moment is quite resigned to just going through the motions. It's kind of sad, but I kind of feel there's no point getting worked up - just see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I was wondering if there is anyone who is currently going through or has gone through this journey? and if so what happened did you get a miracle and find sperm through micro dissection or did you have to go down the donor sperm path?

My DP and I have been on this journey since 2012. We have been through the aspiration procedure and a TESA all to which have come back with no sperm. We have been told that we can have a micro dissection done but the chances are very slim, I'm not sure what percentage as I've have a few precents thrown around like 25% then 2% then 10% then 1%.......anyway my DP isn't really keen on having this procedure done but I feel that if we don't there is always going to be that area or doubt?
    I appreciate all your comments and advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to have just hijacked the thread as well please let me know if I have done the wrong thing.