Closed Thread
Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope we had also been on our own since our BFP. I just went to my local gp who gave a referral to have a scan done at a local scan place and we just had as copy sent to Dr Fay at IVFA. Since it is measuring a bit small we are going to make the 7 hour round trip back to see her to get a 9 week scan. If things were fine I would of been happy to just stick with my gp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope we had also been on our own since our BFP. I just went to my local gp who gave a referral to have a scan done at a local scan place and we just had as copy sent to Dr Fay at IVFA. Since it is measuring a bit small we are going to make the 7 hour round trip back to see her to get a 9 week scan. If things were fine I would of been happy to just stick with my gp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @twosouls : the fertility clinics here in Perth are all providing follow up until week 12, according to the Perth ladies. IVFA asked me if i want the scan at week 8 but it is highly unlikely that we are going back to sydney anytime soon. Yes, good idea, I'll ask my GP next week when the clinic reopens again. I'll certainly push to do more BTs lol.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I missed seeing the updates to this thread...congrats bbhope!! That's a real little miracle baby you're growing there, how exciting!!

After I got a positive HPT I had one BT (14 days after transfer), then a scan at about 7.5 weeks, then the next scan would have been the NT scan around 13 weeks, and then the big morphology scan at 18 weeks. Despite all the appointments and surgery and injections and monitoring before, you're most likely just like a normal person with a normal baby now so you won't always need weekly checks - that's how it was for me. Having gone through so much can make it hard to not know how baby is going through testing, but if you end up not having any more BTs and scans for awhile, just try to relax - it's what being a normal person feels like!

Your GP should be able to give you the right referrals for scans etc, or refer you to an OB, the same as they would for any of their other pregnant patients. Maybe you could ask for a referral now to an OB, one who works with IVF patients, so you have a clinic to call if you are feeling worried about anything - I didn't mind not having tests or appointments, but reassurance now and again was very helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just went to the hospital due to spotting. Bad news. Hcg level dropped.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I just went to the hospital due to spotting. Bad news. Hcg level dropped.
    Oh no...I'm so sorry to hear that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... very sorry to hear that. To think that it implanted and was looking good, and then a week later. It all doesn't make any sense. Thinking of you xx

AFM.... today's line on the HPT is still there, but it is now definitely fainter than the last two days, so I'm 99.9% sure it's now just the Pregnyl fading (day 7 after last Pregnyl booster). So I've had my big cry with DH this morning, and now just trying to be as calm as possible until BT and the dreaded phonecall tomorrow. Then will start making a few new plans.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 05-01-2014 at 15:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, i know it is easier said than done. It is not over until they tell you so. I know, trying to calm myself here as well. Hpt double line is extremely faint today as compared to thurs one. I guess it happened sometime between thurs and sat. DH and I are still crying on and off. I am having a headache from all the crying. It is so painful to go this far.......i think the worst thing is not trying but DH thinks that it hurt more.

I should watch for ectopic preg because the Dr at the hospital has no idea where it implanted. Also i cant stop thinking what might go wrong. I knew something wasnt right last night because i stopped feeling tired on fri. I cant stop wondering what went wrong. Late implantation? Food i ate? Stuff i did? Bad egg or sperm? I will have to call ivfa again to settle wrong and correct bills tmr. Last thing we want to deal with!

We dont know how we are going to handle our emotion back to the office tmr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... I would have thought the embryo would have implanted right wherever your FS put it. I didn't think it would move? Unfortunately you probably might never know what went wrong, as none of us really know why our eggs don't fertilise, or don't grow, or don't implant etc. As much as some people say, don't eat certain foods and don't do certain activities, I don't really think that they really have such a big impact. It's probably just a case that maybe the sperm or egg just had something inherently wrong with it, and it was never going to develop. My DH always holds onto hope with his one sperm each time, but when they don't work, I try to rationalise it, saying that even though there was one looking good, you're supposed to have millions, so perhaps there's something wrong on the inside of that one and it's never meant to be. He's mostly OK with this, but unfortunately for us, even using donor sperm, it hasn't worked, so obviously we have both sperm and old egg issue :-)) Thinking of you heaps xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the ivf handbook, it says that the embryo can move freely and finds a place to implant. That includes somewhere outside the uterus.

I ruin DH birthday. There is no spotting since last night and as i said the spotting was so tiny that one wouldnt have thought there is something wrong. I just had a gut feeling that something wasn't right given the symptoms. I could have waited until tmr (official BT ordered by the GP). Well, then it would be a shocked at the office.

We have no idea whats next. I am impressed with ppl like u who do ivf over and over again. I can't put my mind to it. DH isn't sure that he wants to go through the emotion stress again. In the meantime, i don't think i can put my energy focus back to work. I know it because it hasn't worked in the last year. If we have to go down the donor path, i wish i am younger so i can really take a break and come back in few years time but neither DH nor I. It also seems like i have to devote all my annual leaves for the ivf journey in sydney in the future if we decide to continue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-01-2014)