Closed Thread
Page 39 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    bbhope, maturational arrest is our diagnosis also.

How are things looking for you today?
    Has anyone else been in the situation where they didn't get a diagnosis as such? Not that it makes any difference but I think that would have helped at the time. We were just told it is probably testicular failure as all of the tubules seemed normal but no sperm were found in any.

bbhope, how exciting! How are you going? So pleased for you and sending lots of positive vibes for your little fighter! x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissJude For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJude View Post
    Has anyone else been in the situation where they didn't get a diagnosis as such? Not that it makes any difference but I think that would have helped at the time. We were just told it is probably testicular failure as all of the tubules seemed normal but no sperm were found in any.

bbhope, how exciting! How are you going? So pleased for you and sending lots of positive vibes for your little fighter! x
    I am not sure MissJude. When the FS talked to me, he was very puzzled about what he saw -- unhappy tubules. He even said that he wasn't sure why. He called few days later and had a chat with hubby. If I understand correctly....it turns out that the undescended testes is just a secondary cause in his case. Maturation arrest is the primary cause of his azoo. This makes sense to me why some men who fixed their undescended testes a lot later than hubby have low count. It is a rare case. From the look of the FS face, it seems like he has never seen anything similar to my hubby before (just speculating here). There are many kind of maturation arrest. I guess we are lucky that there are still sperms being produced just not all are viable.

AFM, i am still in a confused stage with my body. I had a contraction (never felt that before in my life!) in the sleep in the morning hours of christmas eve. Then, i started to have spotting on christmas eve. Panicked because it supposes to be my AF day since last period. However, my EPU was not on the normal CD 14 so I would thought that EPU should be considered O day?? I had cramping on and off that day and was in bed the whole time. As you could imagine, I was very worried. On Christmas day, no more cramping but I was still spending a lot of time in bed. I am still spotting. FX that AF is staying away.

Today is 9dp5dt. In principle, i can do the HPT but i am just too scare to find out. Hubby isn't very positive so it doesn't help here. I think he is scare too. I am not even sure that I want to find out on Monday on official BT day.

Anyway, FX our miracle is growing in me well.
    Last edited by bbhope; 27-12-2013 at 11:20.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MissJude  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... yes, EPU is the ammended "o" day. Of course the spotting could be an implantation bleed, so let' hope so.

I've never used a HPT until last transfer. I'd always just wanted to not worry about it, and have hope right up until the last moment. Then on my last transfer, I decided to do the HPT on the morning of the BT. As I had to go to work that day, I wanted to be able to have a nice cry at home with DH in the morning, before finding out the official results later on during the day. I'm so glad that I did - I crawled back into bed and cuddled DH for 5 minutes, before getting up again. At least we could share the disappointment together. I know HPTs can be inaccurate, and I kept that in mind, but it's more likely to be inaccurate the other way around, rather than a negative result.

Even though I am injecting Pregnyl (to keep AF at bay) and this doesn't leave your system until 4-8 days after the last injection, I plan to test after 7 days. If the HPT is negative, then that's pretty conclusive - both the Pregnyl has left the system and no baby. If the HPT is positive - then it could be either the Pregnyl or a baby. Then I would test the next day - a lighter line means no baby, as it's just Pregnyl leaving the system. A darker line, I might get excited about!!

Some women who have a negative HPT on 9dp5dt, ring their clinic and go in early for the BT, just to get it over and done with.

After everything you've been through, including flying to the other side of the country, I do have my fingers crossed for you. I'll be checking back. Best wishes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJude View Post
    This was us hun. DH has low testosterone and small testes, but aside from that no one can tell us what's wrong with him. I know he descended late as a child, so that probably didn't help. He used to produce very few bad quality sperm several years ago, but now produces nothing. Both of the FSs we've seen and the urologist he went to for a third opinion couldn't give him a diagnosis.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (28-12-2013),MGC Bertie  (28-12-2013),MissJude  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh testorone, fsh and inhibin b (on the low side) are within normal range. But some studies say that there is no correlation. FS seems to believe that inhibin b is a good marker. Who knows.....the new research link that i put here a while back seems to be able to predict the outcome of mtese better but still on trial.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MissJude  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFP! I cant believe it. I was worried the whole morning. DH was also in shocked. it turned out to be implantation bleeding, although the color isnt right sometime. FX that this bub keeps growing!

Strange, ladies in perth seem to do a lot of BTs after BFP. FS didnt order any. No scan until ~8 weeks either. Is this nornal?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MissJude  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... ahhhhh, CONGRATULATIONS. That's so exciting. That's the first Dr G mTESE success I've read on here since I started IVF 2 years ago. That's fabulous!!!

Ooh, I've never had a BFP, so don't know about BTs, but from what I've read I don't think that's right. Most women seem to be having a few, particularly to see if hCG numbers are doubling. Perhaps ask your GP to schedule some?

Just for my own sanity, I was trying to figure out your contraction and spotting:
    3dp5dt - begin implantation
    4dp5dt - implantation continues
    5dp5dt - implantation is complete
    6dp5dt (Christmas Eve) - contraction, followed later by spotting. That sure sounds like implantation, so perhaps it's just a tad behind the normal timeline (maybe bub didn't get the memo!)
    And then you said you had spotting for a few more days.

I am so excited for you!! That's just wonderful news, that I had to rush out to my DH and tell him. He said "see I told you that you can get pregnant with just a couple of sperm". I know he's still pretty cut up about not having his own biological children, especially since the other night he mentioned about considering doing the mTESE again. I really thought we had got past that, and were moving on. Well, we'll just have to wait and see what the outcome of this cycle is.

Good luck with every step of the way now. I'll want all the details!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations bbhope!!! That is wonderful news!!! So happy for you!!! It really shows all you need is that lucky 1. I'm sure you both are still wandering round in total shock!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie good luck to you for this cycle. I hope the BFP's continue I don't know of anyone more deserving than you x

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (30-12-2013),MGC Bertie  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bbhope.... ahhhhh, CONGRATULATIONS. That's so exciting. That's the first Dr G mTESE success I've read on here since I started IVF 2 years ago. That's fabulous!!!

Ooh, I've never had a BFP, so don't know about BTs, but from what I've read I don't think that's right. Most women seem to be having a few, particularly to see if hCG numbers are doubling. Perhaps ask your GP to schedule some?

Just for my own sanity, I was trying to figure out your contraction and spotting:
    3dp5dt - begin implantation
    4dp5dt - implantation continues
    5dp5dt - implantation is complete
    6dp5dt (Christmas Eve) - contraction, followed later by spotting. That sure sounds like implantation, so perhaps it's just a tad behind the normal timeline (maybe bub didn't get the memo!)
    And then you said you had spotting for a few more days.

I am so excited for you!! That's just wonderful news, that I had to rush out to my DH and tell him. He said "see I told you that you can get pregnant with just a couple of sperm". I know he's still pretty cut up about not having his own biological children, especially since the other night he mentioned about considering doing the mTESE again. I really thought we had got past that, and were moving on. Well, we'll just have to wait and see what the outcome of this cycle is.

Good luck with every step of the way now. I'll want all the details!!
    I posted the details on the other thread. You have gotten it right with the timeline. To add, I actually had cramping in the sleep for few minutes twice which I wasn't sure if there were related because I went straight to the loo urgently when I woke up the next morning. I thought it was indigestion or some sort. I can't remember exactly but it could be Friday night (Saturday early morning hour) and Sunday night (Monday morning hour). The bub didn't seem to get the memo that i am sleeping. Lol.

My hubby said that he would never do the mTESE ever again the day after the surgery. So we are blessed at this point. Now, the bub just needs to be healthy and kept growing. The worries never go away........

Good luck!! As twosouls said, you certainly deserve the BFP! FX, toes crossed for you!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-12-2013)