Closed Thread
Page 38 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bertie, i think my FS would have cancelled my cycle if it wasn't the mTESE. My initial 3 good size eggs were quite big (22mm+) on the last scan. Perhaps the FS up the dose on gonal-f to promote the other two tiny ones. Sure, in the end, I did get 5 mature eggies. Perhaps they aren't good and thus the low fertilization rate? No idea. The FS changed her mind and wanted to do the 5 days transfer now. I heard that day 4 is critical. Once the embies past day 3, it has better chance. On day 3, the sperm comes into play so good sperm is important at this stage. But the scientist will not check on them tomorrow (day 4). I wish they would! It seems like they will put back in no matter what on Wed. I was told that if they stop growing in the lab past day 3, it won't make a difference back in the womb either. So I am FX FX FX. Fight and fight....keep growing! The scientist seemed optimistic on the phone today but what not so nice to say was that this is our first cycle anyway. It sounded like no big deal, we could try again. I would be devastated at this point. We have gone this far and we want it to work!

Well, for Dr. G part, I will call it a success. Giving him the credit. The best sample he picked gave 5 sperms (despite not all are good). The rest is out of our control. Everything from now on would be a miracle as DH calls it. And I continue to pray for that. I keep remind myself one step at a time.

I'll keep my FX for you Bertie. Hugs. Hugs. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    In any case, bad/good news has rolled in. Only 1 fertilized. No idea why such low rate with ICSI. The scientist told me that my eggies are good quality yesterday, although i don't know if they could tell at this early stage?
    Unfortunately they really can't tell anything about egg quality just by looking at them. I was told my eggs were "beautiful" in my second cycle, but even with donor sperm I never had more than 2 fertilise until I was put on DHEA and Saizen, so it took us 4 stim cycles to confirm that there might be something wrong with my eggs. However, I would say in your case it was almost definitely because of bad sperm quality. If they used sperm that weren't motile, then it would be very unlikely they'd be healthy enough to fertilise an egg. They did the same on my first cycle; I got 6 eggs too, and all 6 were ICSI-ed, but with bad quality sperm of my DH's from several years ago (they said they used 6 sperm that were "vaguely twitching" ), and I only got one fertilise. But then months later I found out about my egg problem too, so who knows. Anyway, I hope that little emby you've got there is a fighter against the odds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... thanks for thinking of me :-)) I have my fingers crossed for you 5dt transfer. It's usual for IVFA to only check on embryos and give updates on d1, 3 and 5 so don't worry about that. When they check at the beginning of d5 they will ring you if it's not going ahead, so if you don't hear from them then turn up at the appointed time knowing it is happening.

AFM... Bloods today were 2200 and ultrasound showed 2 follicles ready to trigger (plus a couple of small ones not doing anything), so FS and I have decided to go ahead. I really am feeling that if we cancelled and stimmed again another month that we could be in this same boat. I kind of want to move on, so am happy to be going ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, yes, have been thinking of you! You are right. You never know if the next cycle would be better.

Our little trooper makes it!!!! Apparently, i have one more fertilised but is lagging behind so it is unlikely to be frozen at this point. Keep having positive thought that this is the sticky one! FX. FX.

I hope miracle happens to you this round!!
    Last edited by bbhope; 19-12-2013 at 20:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, with holiday shut down, when is ur EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... congrats on being pupo!! Will you now return to WA and have your preg BT there?

AFM.... I had EPU this morning. As predicted they collected 4 eggs, 2 that turned out mature and were injected. DH gave a sperm sample, but the scientist called to say that they looked but wasn't any sperm, so no surprise there. They used the anon donor sperm, and said they found two nice sperm to use. The will call in the morning (Sat) to say if they fertilise overnight, so fingers crossed for a good party in the petri dish overnight :-)) If all is well, they will do a 3dt on Monday, as 5dt would be Xmas Day and they're closed then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Bertie!!! FX, toes crossed for you that they fertilized!

AFM, back to WA now. I was away for 3 weeks so good to be sleeping in my own bed. Yes will do the BT here. Same day as Nicole77 on the other thread. Apparently we cycled together and even have the same EPU day etc.

I got a bill from the clinic. I thought BT for the E2 etc is included in the cycle price?

I am hoping this little trooper stays strong for us. FX. Hope we are one lucky couple and all the way success for Dr G on this thread. BTW, DH diagnosis is maturation arrest in the end. As u already knew, no reason for it. A rare case.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... Can imagine how glad you are to be back in your own bed :-)) I did think the BT for the E2 was included in the cycle price, as I don't have extra costs for BTs. Perhaps it's a Medicare expense, and that's why you were charged separately?? Yes, my DH's diagnosis was also maturation arrest, however it didn't make sense when once in a while he could get an almost normal sperm. Yes, no reasons and we've beaten our heads about it so try not to worry too much now, since it's out of our control. Good luck for your TWW.

AFM.... both of my two little eggs fertilised overnight - the scientist said that they look "good". I don't know if that means they look better than normal, or is "good" actually just "normal"?? Lol. Both DH and I are rather relieved that both fertilised, that was the best we could have hoped for at this stage. They won't check again now until Monday morning before the ET, which I don't mind as I can spend my energies on tiding up my home office and maybe wrapping Christmas presents - better do that!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bertie!!!!! So happy to hear! I know how it feels. I was so nervous everyday before the scientist called. Each time different scientist called. FX that they keep growing. Planning to put one or two?

I dont have medicare and paid the full price (house saving gone but it doesnt matter, can earn it back, baby is priceless) so it must be a mistake for the bill. We did pay additional $ for our BT done here.
    Last edited by bbhope; 21-12-2013 at 11:18.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    bbhope, maturational arrest is our diagnosis also.

How are things looking for you today?