Closed Thread
Page 37 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... I've used Menopur a twice before, when the FS recommended using it for older women. But last time, he wanted to try something else (Gonal F with Luveris), but it didn't work at all and the cycle was cancelled. Hence why we've gone back to Menopur (which incidently, if you didn't know, is made from the urine of nuns from a convent in Europe!! Apparently some FS like this, rather than a pure chemical cocktail). Looks like I might just be a few days behind you then - I'm thinking my EPU will be in about a weeks time, depending on how BTs and internal ultrasounds go this week. Will be following your journey with interest - I have my fingers crossed for you xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bertie, i am a bit worried. I hope that the FS will do the EPU whenever i am ready rather than pushing it to make it happens on the scheduled surgery day. We come all the way for success. Few days late isnt going to make a difference. Am i suppose to feel different?

I guess the med makes me very moody. The depression that i had was gone. I am more positive now. Or to say, to the best i can do. Hubby just as usual doesnt express much. I am sure that he is nervous as well. This week will be gone so quickly. The commuting to work is a bit lengthy (out the city) but a good dry run if we have to buy an affordable home far out the stick in the future.

Xx best of luck to both of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... yes, I would think they would do your EPU and DH's mTESE on the day when you're ready. But I know there are differing protocols so all you can do is go with what they suggest. Glad you are feeling good all about it. Feel free to ask me lots of questions on behalf of your DH about the procedure. It really is a big deal, so I really hope you have success with it. AFM... not sure we're even going to get to EPU, as I went for my d6 BT this morning and my E2 came back really low at 108. Normally at this stage it's about 500, so it doesn't bode too well. FS says just to continue with the jabs and have another BT and first scan on Friday, and see if it picks up then. Of course, I'm a little in the dumps tonight, thinking of everything we've done this cycle, only to have me not respond to the drugs!! But there's nothing I can do, so will just try to keep myself occupied with end of year things!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, not sure if i PM you. Quite disappointed and sad that the scan only shows 3 good size follicles. Looks like i am not a good responder. they up my doses. I hope they dont cancel but in the meantime i prefer when we have good numbers. Progesterone is high. It sounds bad. Not sure what that means. Any idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... very sorry that you're not happy with 3. Unfortunately at this late stage there's no re-jigging of meds that could make more. The only good thing is that some women have been lucky with just one egg from one follicle, so apparently miracles do happen. 3 sounds like it's still a goer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. If they find sperms on DH, i will certainly give it a go.
    Last edited by bbhope; 11-12-2013 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all ladies for your support. I will certainly get off work early and have a nice dinner with DH. And say something nice. Ever since the start of stim, i hardly have anytime to think of all the bad things (infertility). Everything just went by fast. I have to remember this and that and no time think of anything else. Work is keeping me busy as well but not ad productive.

It isnt a good number of follicles but i will give it a go. Still a bit puzzle because the FS seem confident that i would react to the drugs based on my age and AMH. I feel a bit bump but what can i do?!

Bertie, you r right. Nothing they can do to up the number. Hope fews are hidden. FS isnt interested in cancelling it. I hope egg quality correlates with E2 well since i have good number. P4 is a bit off, though. It is time. I just triggered. This journey has been a long one and we hope for the best outcome. FX.
    Last edited by bbhope; 11-12-2013 at 21:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted on the Perth thread since this thread is a bit quiet. It had been an emotional roller coaster day. Dr G had tried his best. He came out without a smile on his face.......because despite him finding 1 sperm, it is an abnormal one. The chance wasn't good for us because DH teste isn't looking healthy. I was told at the time that they might find the swimmers in the lab. I was in tears after Dr. G left the room.

Then, they took me for EPU. 6 follicles on last scan but was told that 1 is small. The FS told me that the max possible eggs was 5 just before i went in. When I woke up, it was the best outcome for my EPU. They got 6 out of 6. 1 didn't mature as expected. I was happy with the 6 eggies because I had small number to start with! But then i was in tears again, thinking there might not be any sperm for the ICSI. The FS did say that I didn't response the med well so if they have to do it again, they will up my med. Geez...at the time, i hope that i only have to do this once given that DH surgery is once and for all!

Poor DH. Nobody told him anything. I was the one told him in the recovery room. He seemed handle better than the night before but I could tell that he was quite sad.

The scientist rang later that afternoon. I was still pretty drowsy from my sleep. I missed some part of the conversation at the beginning. But miracle has happened!! They were able to find 5 sperms from the sample and all have been injected. Although the scientist did mention that some of them are not motile, which isn't good but they used them anyway. The scientist declared it a success. No left over sperms for freeze.

In any case, bad/good news has rolled in. Only 1 fertilized. No idea why such low rate with ICSI. The scientist told me that my eggies are good quality yesterday, although i don't know if they could tell at this early stage? I am wondering if it could have delay fertilization by chance? The FS decided to put back in early instead of 5 days transfer. So it is another emotional day from high to low point...... I hope it is a tough fighter and it only takes one. Finger crossed.
    Last edited by bbhope; 14-12-2013 at 14:45.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for that one little fighter bbhope! Good luck, hope it is a sticky one!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... oh what a day you and your DH had. Yes, you're right, such a lot of emotions there. Dr G doesn't seem to be having a lot of success recently, well, at least not on here. But my DH and I were at least glad that we knew that we had tried everything possible. We've also used some of my DH's sperms before that have not been perfect, and they've never continued growing past 3 or 4 days. In the last couple of cycles we've intructed the scientists to, yes please look for DH's sperm in the ejaculate, but only use it if it is perfect. It never has been, so the donor sperm has been used twice before (though also no BFP there!)

At the moment, my present cycle isn't looking too great. On d10 I had 2x8 and 2x7 follicles with low E2 470. Today on d13 there are 2x14 and 2x11 follicles with E2 1100, so they;ve grown but not greatly. FS still hedging to cancel but will wait until Wed's results to decided - "crunch time" he said!!