Closed Thread
Page 35 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bertie, even though I am starting now but I am on the long protocol. I won't start the jabs until early Dec. So we are pretty much cycling together.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Jude, any update? Transfered?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey BB, unfortunately BFN. Have just been busy trying to process this information.

Hubby and I are currently working out what steps to take next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear miss jude. Hugs. This journey is so hard...... Hope you have frozen embies. I am also getting a bit nervous.....emotional unstable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MissJude  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really is hard isn't it. We do have one more try. I know what you mean about getting nervous. Big hugs to you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss Jude. Welcome to Bub hub. Sorry to hear about the news. My heart cries for you and all of us that has to go through it. x

MGC Bertie, how are you?

I just got back from seeing Dr G in Sydney. He seems positive (50% chance) that he can find sperm in a mTESE. This is after seeing the Inhibin B result of 240 ng/L. DH's FSH earlier this year was 35.2 IU/L. Dr G also seems to think the 0.2m in the SA done earlier this year means something when we have been told by other FS that it might have been an error/fluke in the test. To DH, this is the worst possible outcome because he agreed to see Dr G assuming that the diagnosis will be the same as other Drs - no hope. He has come to terms with donor and I am slowly coming to terms with it but now we are given this slim hope. DH is reluctant to go ahead with mTESE given the slim chance (12.5% chance of a live birth - 50% for mTESE and 25% for IVF), hes scarred from the biopsy and varicocele operation earlier this year. Next steps - genetic test (Dr G was surprised that we have yet to do this but DH has been resistant) and another SA.

Sorry if you have mentioned it but have any of your DH's results been similar to mine? Normal Inhibin B and high FSH. I was of the impression that Inhibin B and FSH were inversely correlated. I have also read reports that sometimes its not correlated. Any advice or experience that you have to share would be much appreciated.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meltdown, i will just put it here. The info might help somebody else.

interesting. Now i read it again. I am surprised that Dr G only gave u 50% chance. Given that your DH has better test results than my DH. Maybe he factored in the unknown of the genetic tests.

Ha..it sounded like Dr J just wanted all the NOA patients to give up. She told us the opposite, the zero count SA cant be wrong. Thats when i pushed to have the 2nd SA done, just to be sure. It was the worst nightmare of my life.

I dont know if it is possible. If your DH wants to do a second SA, i encourage to do it at the fertility clinic. The SA done in the fertility clinic is examined carefully and treated differently. It is quite different than what they do at the clinipath. Except dont be silly to have them order the DNA fragmentation test. It is only relevant if your dh has a lot sperms. It costs a lot, non medicare refundable and useless for azoo patient. They did that for my DH SA or to say didnt do any DNA fragmentation test and felt like a scam in the end.

Xx
    Last edited by bbhope; 22-11-2013 at 00:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure if i am allowed to post a link. It is not spam. Have a read on the news today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25018137

I wonder what markers they are talking about.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MissJude  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Jude sorry to hear of your BFN i know your pain all to well

Meltdown your are in good hands with Dr G. He is a lovely guy. I can tell you my DH's inhibin b level was that low they couldn't pick it up and his FSH was high at 31.Unfortunately they could'nt find any sperm when he went in for the mTESE. So has your DH produced sperm in a sample?

bbhope how are you going? Where are you up to in your journey? The link you provided sounds promising. I know my DH would of loved to avoided going under the knife!

I have been a bit quiet on this thread lately. We recently had our 4th cycle with donor sperm. Had 13 eggs collected 10 were mature. That resulted in a great looking 5 day emby being transfered and 2 frozen. We are very happy with this result as the last 2 cycles have resulted in 0 for the freezer so we are over the moon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosoul, it sounded like a better outcome this time for you. Hope this is the one. Hugs. Let me know how it goes.

Ya, i wonder where all the ladies go on the post.

Thanks for asking. AFM, i am driving myself crazy here. I just want the year to be over and hope to be on leave now. Of course, it still has a while to go before the break. Anyway, I am on the long protocol so they can control my cycle. The surgery date is fixed (not my favorite date actually but try not to be superstitious). It is 3 weeks from now. So i am off to sydney to start the stim in early Dec. DH will follow later on. i am not sure how much work i can get done there with all these going on. I suspect the BCP and synarel have made my cry a lot lately. Oh...having pregnant friends around me and some nosy ppl who keep asking us about baby dont help either.