Closed Thread
Page 26 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MGC - Yes, I have found out about success (or lack thereof) with the donor. I responded to you on the Sydney thread, but basically my FS completely dismissed it at first ... but when I checked with Kirsty further down the track she found that my m/c was the only pregnancy, and nothing at all otherwise. I think she said she would keep an eye on that donor and possibly remove him if there was no success soon & that she has done that before. When I told FS there had still been no other success of that donor with other women, and especially now that I have had success without IVF with our own donor, I think he took it a bit more seriously. Shame they always assume it couldn't possibly be the donor sperm in the first place.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DJ Nette, it seems like not long before the little one arrives. I can understand the joy. Aren't we all waiting for that BFP?

Bertie, does the clinic usually select the best spermie from the donor for ICSI? If yes, then I wonder why could be the case for all BFN for this particular donor.

AFM, nothing much has happened. It seems like a very long wait for the appointment. Due to hubby and my business travels, mid July is the only choice when both of us are going to be back in town at the same time. In the meantime, work is keeping me very busy and some fun time out with colleagues on this business trip. It keeps me from thinking about the whole baby thing. It is sad that we stop trying ever since the SA result -- it is a psychological feeling that there is nothing there to try. I bet hubby still doesn't know how to deal with it mentally. On the other hand, I am less resentful about being sent out for any long business trip now. When we ttc last year, I was annoyed each time I got sent out because of missing numerous chances of trying. One more month to go.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well im officially in my first 2ww
    Had a good looking emby transfered yesterday so now waiting for BT 9th July

6. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-06-2013)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My TWW ended a week ago...with a BFP. With a little help from our sperm donor we made it to a double embryo transfer, and we also have a frosty. We're so happy. Doesn't end the nervous waits, though - now in a TWW for our first scan!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (28-06-2013),MGC Bertie  (28-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear from you ladies again.

Best of luck two souls!

Congrats littlesunflowers!

All good news. Slightly more than 2ww for us to see the FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosouls... congrats on being PUPO!! Every transfer we can get is a step in the right direction. Let's hope this is the one :-))

Littlesunflowers....double congrats on your BFP!!! That's fabulous news. Let's hope this is the one that's going to stick around for 9 months. How exciting!!

Bbhope.... With donor sperm for ISCI, I understand that they thaw it out, and under a microscope they pick out one that is swimming around the maddest. I don't believe that they do any more than that. All other tests (e.g. morphology etc) have already been conducted before the donor sperm was frozen.

AFM.... have had the past three days off with the worst head and chest cold ever. Still looking like it will be another couple of days before even starting to feel better, but glad it's this week and not in a week or two when I'm due to start cycle number 5. Good luck everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone doing? Oops...it is only just one week since the last post?! I feel like a long time. Perhaps I have been waiting quite impatiently lately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals, sorry to crash your thread. Mini introduction, im doing IVF due to PCOS and weird genetics but I have a question from a friend who is doing ICSI due to male infertility and was hoping you gals might be able to provide some help. Her and her dh have done 2 cycles and both times they have had zero fertilization rates. As you can imagine they are devastated so I'm trying to get as much info possible to help them plant there next step. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any treatment options gong forward? Any comments would be so very appreciated! We are all feeling so very down about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littledove.... yes, first of all, you should get your friend to come into this thread. It really is going to depend on exactly what the DH's problem is. Azoospermia (what this thread is about) is where there is no sperm, and there are two main types "obstructive" where there is sperm, but it doesn't come out naturally (very easy to solve for IVF) and "non-obstructive" where there is literally no sperm - which is what most of our DHs on here have. There can be other MFI issues, like low numbers (anything under 20 million is considered low, but again easily solved by IVF), low morphology (shape) and low motility (movement). This is the right thread to come to, but we'd need details as to what the MFI issue is. The people on this thread are so supportive, and really helped me every step of the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bbhope, I used to live in Perth and I was wondering which FS you are booked in to see? I'm am kind of familiar with a few of them. You can PM me if you'd rather not say on here.