Closed Thread
Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC - really sorry to hear you've had a bleed, has it developed into full AF or is it just spotting still? Must be very stressful, thinking of you Hopefully like the others have said, it's just the embryo nestling in and getting cosy I can understand your anger about not factoring in the early AF though, it seems like IVFA try to schedule everything around them and not around your body sometimes? We just had a call from the nurse to set the mTESE / EC date for 19th April (Yay!), but this seems weird to do it in that order and not from my cycle dates?? Every other FS we've seen has always worked things out from my cycle not the other way around!

Interesting about what you were told about mumps, yes we were told it won't affect a boy that hasn't gone through puberty, it is only a risk during puberty AND afterwards (in fact, most at risk afterwards, as a grown man). There are only very few cases of it because of the MMR vaccine (in fact hardly any cases in Australia), but when there's scaremongering going on about the vaccine like there was in the UK an epidemic can break out, so more cases were recorded. They still don't know why or how it all happens and have no way to reverse the damage, but it can only have been that as afterwards DH's testicles got smaller. (We know everything worked once upon a time as he got his girlfriend pregnant when he was 19).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ginios and RTT.... thanks for thinking of me, and DH and I were so happy after having 3 days of just an odd spot, but unfortunately AF arrived in full flow this morning, so now I know it's all over. Had lots of crying and hugs this afternoon, and now all we can do is start to plan the next cycle. We were so hoping that this was going to be lucky for us, so are really sad that it didn't work and just might not ever happen.

But wanting to be proactive, rang IVFA this afternoon so we can start a new cycle straight away, but can't get in to see our FS for a couple of weeks, which would miss starting Syranel at th 21 day mark. Receptionist said she would put me on the wait list to see him, but I wanted more definite than that. She ended up saying she'd pass on a message to my FS, so I said OK, but I will ring on Friday after having the BT (which kind of seems pointless now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC I'm so sorry. I was really hoping it would come together for you. IVFA aren't particularly helpful when things aren't going right either. I have thought about changing clinics a few times. What do you think your next step will be or did you want to speak to the FS first?

Ginious They have always arranged my treatment around available appointment times but I'm on the pill due to PCO, so it is easier. However I did get the impression that they postponed the TESE / EPU by 2 days so they could do 3 other couples at the same time even though we were ready to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ginios.... did you say you were going to a consult with Dr G last Friday? How did that go? What did he say regarding further testing, results and chances?

Sweet.... I have been to three clinics now, so not planning on changing anytime soon!!! My plan at the moment, is do the silly BT tomorrow (Friday) and get the cycle officially written off. Then I will phone everyday to hassle for an earlier consult than the one they've given me, as I can't bank on the "cancellation consult" coming through. Also I will let Kirsty the donor co-ordinator know tomorrow that we are going to need that donor sperm now, and get that chosen before the consult so that all loose ends are tied up. That's more than enough of a plan for tomorrow. Never love getting up at 5.30am to do those early morning BTs though, but I guess it will be the last for a couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG - I'm so sorry that this cycle wasn't success for you, I'm sure you both had all your hopes riding on it, especially with the journey to get to this point and that little embryo was a fighter for you. I wish you all the luck in the next part of your journey, your baby is waiting and it will happen x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RTT For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC That certainly is a lot to do today. How is your DH holding up? Let us know how you go with the donor list. It may help with getting an appointment, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

AFM one more week before the counselling appointment. DH and I are both stressed out over other things right now, I'm glad I decided to postpone the cycle. I wouldn't have the extra energy for it right now. We did agree to take some time out for each other this weekend. I've been away so much lately I feel I'm neglecting him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweet For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie how are you going? Any word if you can get in earlier to see the Dr?

Ginios When is your appt with Dr G? I hope it isnt to far away....

Sweet Not long till your cycle now. If you are on the pill can they start you treatment anytime in your cycle? The reason I ask is for our next cycle we are going away for a week at the end of April and want to be sniffing while we are away. They have told me to start the pill at my next period which is due in 2 weeks then ill be due again just before we go away so I woud like to bring that one forward.

AFM We got a phone call last monday from Kirsty saying we could look at the donors who were only willing to donate to hetro couples. I explained that we are waiting till I get a period again then start the pill and cycle hopefully end of April. So she said we would'nt be able to look at the list because we could'nt do anything within two weeks and we would be taking someones spot that could start right away. Im fine with that if thats how they run it even thought I dont fully understand why. Im going to ring and get us in to see Dr P in early April and do our last counselling session then. I want to have a donor picked out and in the 'bank' before we go down and get a cycle going so ill ring Kirsty back at the end of this month.

We are going away for a week at the end of April so im hoping the can organise it so I am sniffing while i am away then start the blood tests and inj when I get back. Can they manipulate your cycle if your on the pill to do that? Im hoping we can figure something out. I want to get this baby making on the road!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Optomistic Aussie
    How are you going? Haven't heard from you in a while.... Hope things are going ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Two Souls,
    It is funny you should message today as it is the first time I have checked in for a while. We found out my hubby has NO sperm at all anywhere, but we will never know why. All of his genetic tests came back fine. I am so proud of how he is coping though, as I think we both dealt with a lot of the pain when the firs semen analysis came back. To be honest, I am so glad this four months is over. I have became rather underweight, lost so much hair and developed so many OCD tendencies, thinking if I run 6 kilometres every day, pick up rubbish, pray ridiculous amounts etc it'll all work out. It's such a relief to know there is no point in hoping to find sperm (as devastating as it is).
    We had to stay in a hotel after the surgery and I was balling my eyes out and the hubby was doing the trademark walk I noticed you guys were talking about and still had all the hospital tags on. I think the owners assumed he was dying. Needless to say we got free dinners and drinks sent to our room. I never knew an interesting walk would create so much interest.
    We all have the most wonderful and special husbands in the world.
    Best wishes to everyone. We'll all get there eventually.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimisticAussie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great that you guys are dealing with it so well. I felt exactly the same after the surgery it was such a relief to have it over and done with. We cried enough tears when them sperm test first came back. At least we now have answers and can move forward.

So you think your going to go with a family donor? We are waiting for my period to come then hopefully doing a fresh cycle in April with anon sperm donor...