Closed Thread
Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TwoSouls... that's very interesting about getting AF 7 days after EPU. I've worried about the same thing, as I believe implantation only happens on Days 7-10, so if AF comes early then the embryo won't have had time to implant and sent it's messages to stop AF, so AF would just come along and wash away the embryo even before it's had a chance to implant. My AF came on time 1st cycle, so embryo obviously didn't implant on its' own accord, and like you on this cycle, on my second cycle, I didn't get an embryo to transfer, but AF turned up on Day 9. I asked some of my FSs about that, because with AF showing on Day, it was definitely on it's way by Day 7-8, and if I did have an ET it wouldn't have stood a chance. The FSs said not to worry!! So I've tried not to, but as I'm now on Day 7 since EPU each day where AF stays away will be a blessing. The poor embryo has such a slim chance of implanting, even without AF coming early and messing it up.

So Sweet.... I'm not going to POAS until Wednesday. By then I'm pretty sure AF should have come (kind of like a free POAS test!!) Unless I cave!! I think the earliest I could do it would be Sunday?? Day 11 after EPU, or in my case 8dp3dt?? In any case, Sunday is still a long way off.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG - best of lucky honey. Will be thinking of you and will check back in to see how you've gone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG - in regards to implantation. With a three day transfer implantation occurs on day 5 & 6. There's a 'what happens to the embryo' day by day after transfer list thingy. It always pops up on hub bub but if you google it'll pop up. It tells you what the embryo should be doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked the nurses about it and they said it happens to some people. After that I got on google and one person said it may of come early because of the sudden drop in hormones and that's how the body reacts. Another person said that when you have one to implant they give you the progesterone to make sure AF stays away. Maybe I should start a thread and see if anyone else has had it happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    RTT.... thank you SO much for pointing me in the right direction. That was easy to find with the right key words you gave me, and was really clear with the information I needed. So really I should stick with my original plan and POAS on Wed. Thanks heaps, maybe I'll stop counting so much :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling MGC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies.... Unfortunately I think I'm bust. Yesterday (Sat) I had one spot of blood, today (Sun) another bigger spot, but that's it. It's like AF is teasing me - if you're going to come, just come and get it over and done with. What I'm so annoyed with is though I told my FS that my usual cycle is 28/29 days, I also told him that AF came early in both my previous IVF cycles (22 + 24 days), obviously due to all those drugs. This means that if yesterdays blood was the start of AF, then my beautiful embie may have implanted, but hadn't yet had any chance to send messages (hormones or whatever it sends) to keep AF away and will have been washed away now. DH is even more furious than I am, as he remembers me telling the FS this, and obviously the FS hasn't factored early periods during IVF cycles into the equation. Has anyone else experienced this? (ie. normal cycles, but early ones following IVF rounds).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope it just an implantation bleed Bertie. You never know it might just be getting comfy in there. What sort of drugs are you on now? Is it the suppositories of progesterone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    TwoSouls.... Yes, I keep catching myself thinking it might be an implantation bleed, but then I go all realistic, knowing that first implantation should have been a couple of days ago, and in any case, two bleeds 24 hours apart? DH says it would be a miracle if the little embie managed to hang on, so nothing to do but wait and see.

Yes, this cycle I'm taking the pessaries of progesterone, one morning and night. My first two cycle I used Crinone, and when I looked that up, it has pretty much the same amount of active ingredient as a pessary, however back then I was only taking one dose each night. Instructions are clear, still use the pessaries until BT, even if AF comes, so that will be fun (i.e. read "messy"!!) Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG - I'm so sorry you've had some bleeding. Give your nurse a call this morning and hopefully they can give you some answers and maybe an early BT. I have everything crossed for you xx