Closed Thread
Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, with just one sperm... I can say I'm PUPO!!! Kind of seems a miracle to get even to that stage, when the majority of men have 50,000 sperm each time, and here we are with an embryo from just 1 good sperm!! The other two eggs (which probably had the twitchers) didn't do anything.

I had my ET this morning, and unlike in my first cycle, that speculum thing hurt absolutely massively. I was in so much pain, and I told Prof I so. At one point I was hurting so much that I was about to faint, and thought I was going to mess up the whole ET. I mostly had my eyes shut, and only opened them briefly to see my beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo on the screen. Then I closed them again and instructed DH to look lots at the embryo and enjoy it for me!!! The ET was nothing like my first cycle ET, nor pap smears etc, but Prof I didn't seem fazed that I was in inordinate amount of pain, and just said it will be over soon. That 5-10 minutes was the longest ever. As soon as he took it out, it was fine, but I'm sure it wasn't in right or something. Anyhow, not withstanding excruciating pain, we have one beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo transferred, and Prof I seemed very happy about that. And so are we.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo MGC Bertie!!! Fingers crossed.

Sorry you had so much pain. I have never had that at a transfer. Hope that measn the embryo is right in there, in the best spot.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Best of luck, that really is taking the 'it only takes one' that extra mile. I can't believe they didn't keep track of the good one Vs the twitchers.

AFM We've been given our donor. They had previously told me we could only have a donor who had a preference for married couples as they were letting me see the list early and this donor did not have any preferences, so I was a little worried. But they've confirmed it is ok (Kirsty wasn't happy though). I'm really starting to get excited about this again now. This donor seemed to have a number of similar characteristices to DH, the real clincher was his reasons for donating. (his wife had gone through IVF and he wanted to help other couples). We were turned off a number of donors that were donating because they wanted to be parents but hadn't had the opertunity. It concerned me how much they wanted to be involved. So we're signed up to start the cycle in April. Counselling is in 2 weeks. Hopefully it doesn't do to much harm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With donating this way, they couldn't have any involvement unless you invited them to, Sweet. They do not receive any information about you.

If they wanted to co-parent, they would go about it in a non-anonymous way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi peonieos, I realise it would be our choice about making contact, it was just something that made me feel uncomfortable eg. There was one that included a letter to the child about how much he wanted them and this was the only way he could think of to do it and how much he was looking forward to meeting them and being involved in their lives.

It didn't matter in the end as the donor we selected had a number of characteristics that we really wanted that the others didn’t.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG really? I can't believe someone would write that, when donating essentially anonymously. There are plenty of websites they can find people to co-parent with. Sounds like you've chosen the best donor for you, for all the reasons anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, haven't been checking the board for a few days as we were away in Queensland, but just wanted to say a huge 'woop woop' to MGC Bertie for being PUPO - Yaaaaaay!!!!!! That's great news, sorry the ET was so painful but fingers crossed the gain at the end of the 2ww will be totally worth it!!!

Sweet - that's great news about getting the go ahead with your chosen donor. How long were you on the list for? Thinking we should probably get ourselves on there because everyone is pretty gloomy about our chances of finding sperm in the mTESE....

MGC - to answer your question about why my DH has Azoospermia, it was due to getting mumps as an adult while we were living in London. There was a saga with mothers refusing to give their children the MMR vaccination because of fear of autism, and a year or two later a massive outbreak of mumps. We both got it and our GP said there was a risk DH's fertility could be affected (why oh WHY did we not think or were not advised to freeze sperm then and there???? Hindsight is cruel sometimes...). The weird thing is DH never had any pain or swelling in his testicles, which is normally what results in lower sperm count. No one has an answer to this. But we do know that everything worked once upon a time as he got his girlfriend pregnant when he was 19 and she had a termination. The reason he hasn't been put on any sperm improving medication is that it's a case of finding out just how much damage has been done by the mumps. It's not due to any sort of hormonal, genetic or other biological reason, we just have to hope that it wasn't a total wipeout!! We do have an appointment with Dr G though on Friday so I will double check about the Arimidex - thanks for the recommendation

Peonies when's your test date? Keeping fingers crossed for you

Two souls - how has DH recovered from the surgery? Mine is really worried about it, how long was it before your DH was up and about and not in too much pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sweet.... oh, I would have thought they would have weeded those sort of people out. I'm so glad that you mentioned it, as that sits really bad with me too, that if we have to use donor sperm in the future those comments will make a big difference to me. I know the child can make contact after 18, but it seemed a bit creepy. Also, if Kirsty wasn't happy with the list being "ready" then she should have given you access to it yet. I reckon it must have been OK.

Ginios.... yes, if you haven't done so already, just ring them to be put on the donor sperm list and pay the $100 over the phone. Even if you don't end up needing or using donor sperm, at least you have the option. We just recently got to the top of the list - it took 4 months. That's interesting what you say about mumps, as originally we thought that was DH's problem, as he had mumps as a child. However, we have asked a number of FSs and they all said, no, because the mumps would only affect the testes during growth (ie. teenage years), not before or afterwards. So that's interesting for your DH as he had the mumps later as an adult, so it shouldn't have affected it. Definitely ask Dr G about that. And yes, ask about Arimidex/Anastrozole. My DH took it for three months before his mTESE, but unfortunately Dr G only found one good sperm and a few "twitchers". It definitely did increase lots of the different reproductive levels, but didn't produce more sperm. DH though is believing in it, and thinks the Arimidex helped get that one sperm over the line. Who knows? We've had lengthy discussions with Dr G about research into MFI and he said himself that there's not a lot being done on that side of things. Did you get all those male BTs done, as I know Dr G will be able to give you much better predictions if he's got results infront of him (Inhibin B, Androstenedione, FSH, LH, Oestradiol, Testosterone, SHBG, Free Androgen Index, TSH, Prolactin, Homocysteine). It's probably not too late to go to the GP this afternoon and get a referral letter for you local BT clinic. Just make sure that a copy goes to Dr G (write his name/address onto the blood test slip), as then Dr G will have all the results he needs when you get there on Friday.

AF my DH.... he had 5 days off after the mTESE and went back to work yesterday (he has an office job, so sits down all day). Like twosouls said, Day 2 was fine, but day 3 (Fri) he was getting some sharp pains. After six days he's able to move quite well now (doesn't look like he's riding a horse anymore!), but still has sharp pains when he gets up or sits down. Yesterday (day 6) he bent down to look at the gas water system and had different bad pain, and thinks a stitch has gone inside his testes. This morning he couldn't bend down to put on his socks and shoes, so woke me up to do it for him!! Thanks!! But I go back to work tomorrow, so I don't know what he'll do then. I'm going to ring Dr G now and see what he says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi People!
    Bertie how are you going? Feel any different? When can you test or are you going to wait for the blood test? I hope this little one sticks around x

Ginios- My DH took about 5 days to being able to move around easier. He still walked like he had a months worth of chaffing but he could get out and water the garden. He is now 11 days later and went back to work yesterday. He has a physical job so still on light duties till he is feeling 100%. He says its a lot better and has been moving around easily. In the beginning it was more abdominal pain he had rather then the testes. They said that was fine just keep up with the panadine forte. You will have to let us know how you get on with Dr G.

Sweet - congrats on getting to the top of the list! I hope there is a lovely donor who will match our needs when we get there!

ATM we are just waiting. I got my period 7 days after the egg collection I thought it would be 2 weeks. But the nurses tell me sometimes it happens that they come early and not to worry to much. I just hope it doesn't mean there is something wrong with me. Surely we can't have anything more go wrong! So when I get my period next start back on the pill.
    We are going away for 5 days at the end of April and it might be a bit tight to fit a cycle in before that so I'm hoping to be on the synerol when we are away and start the injections when we get home.

I rang about the donor list yesterday and since we won't be able to use it till April she said we should be near the top by then. I'm hoping we might get to pick one either late march or early April. I'd like to know we have got one picked out and ready to go before we start treatment. So it's just a waiting game now. I'm going to try and focus on jobs around the house to keep my mind occupied!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ginios, we were on the list for 3 months, but they will tell you 6 if you go on it. We didn’t go on the list until after the TESE. To be honest the 3 month wait has done me good. While this was already agreed as our plan B (or are we up to plan C now) I needed some more time to process it and really think about what it would mean before I was comfortable with it. But you can keep your access to the list open without picking a donor. So it may be worth paying the $100 to cut down on the waiting. That is a strange story about your DH, I get so confused with the conflicting medical opinions. The azo for my DH is genetic, after the surgery he stopped taking the pain meds after 24 hours as he was groggy and didn’t like it, was back at work after 3 days (office job), was in a bit of discomfort for a 1 week he had to be careful with his bits for 3 weeks. Although he was back riding his bike after 10 days. Since then there has been no issues. DH has admitted it is not as bad as he thought it would be.

Two Souls I think you have to have one picked before you can start treatment.

MGC When is the test? 1 more week? All good so far?

AFM just a wait until April now. Probably for the best, work is ridiculously stressful at the moment. The project I’ve been working on for 2.5 years is in the final 2 months. There is a new milestone every 2 weeks and all the parties are getting a little emotional. I would be more comfortable if I wasn’t afraid of being retrenched when the project ends. I need to just enjoy these last stages and try and keep the others motivated.