Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Any word on your eggs yet Bertie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for thinking of me twosouls :-) The phone call didn't come through til just a while ago. I'd just been saying to DH how I was getting worried that they hadn't rung, and then they did!

Well, we have 1 egg fertilised. It's our lucky one and we're happy that we've got something. As much as I was so hoping for all 3 to be fertilised, I am very thankful it wasn't zero.

Interestingly, the scientist said that they will still watch the other two in case they've missed the action of the pronucleus at the 16-20 hour mark. Has anyone heard of clinics saying that if they weren't watching at the exact time, that there's still a possibility that on day 2 they may find they've divided, and obviously did fertilise, but was missed? Even though this is my third cycle, it seems I am constantly learning new things about IVF.

As there's only one, Prof I wants to transfer it on Day 3, so that will be Saturday. Apparently he prefers only doing Day 5 transfers if there's more than one, so they choose the best. So now I'm going to search for successes of Day 3 transfers, as I'd had my heart set on a Day 5 transfer this time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

MCG - our DS was also a day three transfer for the same reason. I really hope this is your little miracle baby. I'll have everything crossed for you.

In regards to my DH having the procedure again... As his azoo is caused from and obstruction he doesn't have to have the open biopsy. He has a procedure where the dr injects the sperm out through his testier - through the skin. The procedure is quick and basic, he's awake and has a few needle to numb the area and is up and walking in 30 mins. I'm sure you DH would have had this procedure at some stage in your journey to check if there was sperm. Whilst nothing compared to what your husband went through, my DH still acts like a big baby.

Good luck mcg. I honestly have everything crossed for you. I'll be back and checking xxxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RTT For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia

Peonie - thank you so much for your words. It was the hardest thing I have ever been through but I have come so far in the four weeks since it happened. I will always love my little baby x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RTT For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG Bertie Best of luck. I have heard of them discovering that they have fertalised late (but obviously have no experience in this).

AFM DH and I went through the donor register last night and found one we're happy with. Although I have to check with Kirsty this morning if we are allowed this one. In the end I read them and made a short list and went through the short list with DH. I thought he'd want more time to think about it but in the end he was very clear with his choice. It was a very strange conversation to have, it was kind of funny to realise what we found important at the end of the day and the information they provided that had no impact what so ever.

I really hope we're allowed this donor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweet For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    RTT - I understand. I've been there too.

Sweet - I hope you get the donor you want! If he's there on the list, you should just be able to choose him.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    RTT.... yes, my DH has had aspirations (fine needle poked in) as well as needle biopsies (bigger needle, take a sample of the tissue) before it came to this micro-dissection. The aspirations and needle biopsies never found any sperm for him, while this micro-dissection did find a couple of "twitchers", but that's no different for him than in ejaculates, where they also found "twitchers". If this isn't successful then perhaps we may try some more ejaculates again.

AFM.... just had a call from the lab to say that our one precious little embryo is looking "beautiful" and has divided into 4 cells, which is great news for day 2. We're very, very happy with that. We will be having the transfer tomorrow, so another early start for us :-))

The other two eggs haven't done anything, so the technician thinks that's it. They will still keep them until tomorrow, but she says they will start to degenerate now that it's been two days since EPU.

So all hope and excitement for our one little precious one :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, that's good news MGC! I have everything crossed for your little one.

I'm curious - did they say if that was the one with the one good sperm, or one of the twitchers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies.... Yes, I asked them that exact question yesterday, as to me, it makes more sense that it was the one "good" sperm that fertilised, rather than the other twitchers. But when I asked that, they said they don't know, as they don't label which one is which!! You would think, for science's sake, that they would record each egg with what grade sperm, so they could see results, but no!! Maybe now that I've asked that, the feedback will get back and they might change their procedures?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMFG seriously? I can't believe they would not want to know that, to maybe ya know, keep track of success rates with twitchers or something.