Thanks for the feed back ladies, it really does help.
Two Souls when they cancelled my epu I got a refund on my admission costs and didn't pay for the procedure. For DH's costs we got about half back from medicare and our health fund. From memory we were out of pocket around $2,500.
We went on the donor wait list at the end of Nov. I was told she got confused re our status on the list as the majority of people on the list are single women or lesbian couples and the wait list is about 6 months for them as many of the donors veto them. I recommend you call. I left 4 messages before they returned the call.
DH and I were trying to keep an open mind on selection criteria until we see the list. We did agree that post grad education is important, and My DH is extremely tall too, so many people comment on it so that will be important too. As far as other physical characteristics go I'm not so sure. I'm quite fair and DH it Mediterranean decent. If we went for a donor that is darker any of those traits would be obviously from the donor... So I guess we'll wait and see.
As for the cost of the counseling session it is $400 for the 2 compulsory sessions and there is no rebait. Counseling is free when you are mid cycle but this one you have to pay for. I think we just really didn't gel with the counselor. She got fixated on things that I thought were obvious such as why we didn't go with os adoption first and things that do concern me such as who do we tell she brushed over with 'there is lots of reading material'. DH and I had a chat yesterday and we agreed to push the session out a few weeks. DH is studying at the moment and I could see signs that the stress was getting to him, when he is normally the calm one.
I really wish IVFA would give us access to the list now so we can think about it, and perhaps even use the counseling session to discuss it. I think I'll make another call.