Closed Thread
Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1081
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne I am sooo sorry about the dr you saw.

Isn't a MESA the same or very similar to a TESA? In that case can understand the dr saying the success rate is low.

There is always the mTESE in the eastern states. We will be getting ours done in about 7 months time in Brisbane. The plan is for mTESE & IVF same day for the same reasons as you because of the freeze & unfreeze survival rate.

This is the website for the one in Brisbane: http://www.androurology.com/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll let you know what i find out this afternoon via DrS. He used to work for Pivet but now on his own OBGYN clinic. I am seeing him for a different reason. Did you actually ask if he or DrY perform micro-dissection TESE? I personally won't go with it if it doesn't sit well with you. They should work in the best interest of patient rather than what's convenient to them.

As for donor, it is similar in the east coast. Australia laws has leaned toward open identity donor (ie, dc can access the donor info when he/she turns 18). The idea is through many years of studies on the donor conceived children. I have watched few episodes of "Australian Story" on abc about donor conceived children. And interviews on insight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=902peZGYQq4 . There are thought provoking. I am not trying to convince you one way or the other. It is a personal choice. DH and I both decided that our child should know about this from young age (to prevent any shock). From what i read, they seem to cope well that way. At the age of 3 or 5, they care about ice-cream and toy than talking about donor conceived but the idea is there. With the open identity, the child has a choice to find out the bio father or not. It would be unfair of us to take away the right of the child. Remember, not all dc are interested in finding out their biological father but if they choose to, the choice is there. Again, this is a personal choice. I don't know which clinic in the east coast does anonymous donor (meaning the children can never find out the identify) since we aren't looking for any.

We aren't totally happy with the donor selection of our clinic in sydney. If i've known the problem, I won't have wasted 4 months on the waiting list only to end in disappointment. We stay with them because I really like my FS there. We were pretty close to switch to a clinic in gold coast (appt booked) when a reasonable donor came up in sydney. There are many clinics in QLD and Melbourne with donors we are looking for without waiting list. For now, I'm at peace with our selected donor. No matter what, we will love our baby. FX that our baby is growing. Will find out soon.

So i think you need to decide whether to do mTESE out east or stay in perth. If mTESE in the east, then better off going to clinic without donor waiting list. Just PM me if you want more info.
    Last edited by bbhope; 06-02-2015 at 13:33.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (06-02-2015),JenniwithanI  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: in response to your other post. I am so sorry that your dh has to go through this with TESA! I don't know if wazza does TESA but most FS knows how to do TESA. It is a relatively simple procedure. My FS even does mTESE. She just doesn't advertise herself that way since she doesn't do it for living.
    @JenniwithanI: good luck tmr. Will be thinking of u. I am nervous as hell as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope something like that would have been great to know. I thought only urologists did it. If I had have know maybe we would have used wazza as a FS too.

Did ask the Dr here at the hospital what cause it and he said could just have been a nic when they did the biopsy.

He had a CT scan done just before and we are waiting on the results to see what they show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: ya. You thought going with an urologist would have been the best bet! My other IVF friend also wanted an urologist to do the TESA here in perth and thus waiting for months. As I just found out that there are 3 FS in perth who will do mTESE (micro-surgical TESE, not micro-dissection of TESE). They don't even advertise themselves until one asks them directly. I don't know if DrR, who DeterminedOne mentioned, is one of them. If so, you can see that some FS just don't understand how mTESE works. You can't simply freeze and unfreeze. No regret for us going to Sydney because we wanted DrG to do it. He is an urologist and specialized in this. My FS does it but I would prefer her to handle my side of thing which she has been very good at.

Yes, I almost wanted to say that he might have nic a vein or something.
    Last edited by bbhope; 08-02-2015 at 22:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope you would have thought! One would think a urologist wouldn't nic a vein.

The urologist at the hospital is in theatre at the moment so waiting for her to come down to talk about next course of action. They have just put him on an antibiotic drip.

Good thing didn't listen to DrW when rang him this arvo. He said stop the antibiotic and ring him in the morning if not better. He thought it was a reaction to it or something. We decided to go to the hospital instead after an hour or so because he was in alot of pain after having a shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update .... 8 hrs later I am home minus a DH again. Hospital urologist said he has got an infection because of the swelling *sigh*. He has to stay there until his temperature has stayed down for 24 hours. When we arrived at 630pm it was 38.3c and when I left at 230am it was 36. If it stays that way he will either be released tomorrow night (not hopeful) or Tuesday morning. They said he will be on an antibiotic drip which is better than tablets which means he will get better faster. I had to convince him to stay in the hospital as he hates hospitals.

Seriously I am truly over it and the moment and just feel like crying. It was meant to be take 24 to 48 hours and he would be okay. It is 10 days later and there are still issues. 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    @DererminedOne I am sooo sorry about the dr you saw.

Isn't a MESA the same or very similar to a TESA? In that case can understand the dr saying the success rate is low.

There is always the mTESE in the eastern states. We will be getting ours done in about 7 months time in Brisbane. The plan is for mTESE & IVF same day for the same reasons as you because of the freeze & unfreeze survival rate.

This is the website for the one in Brisbane: http://www.androurology.com/
    I thought so to?! bbhope has helped me understand the field better as I think I was getting confused..

I'm really not happy to do mTESE without ivf even if this op is done and they find nothing then I can take my eggs back to WA. I didn't like DrR and how he was pushing us away from our last HOPE

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    Update .... 8 hrs later I am home minus a DH again. Hospital urologist said he has got an infection because of the swelling *sigh*. He has to stay there until his temperature has stayed down for 24 hours. When we arrived at 630pm it was 38.3c and when I left at 230am it was 36. If it stays that way he will either be released tomorrow night (not hopeful) or Tuesday morning. They said he will be on an antibiotic drip which is better than tablets which means he will get better faster. I had to convince him to stay in the hospital as he hates hospitals.

Seriously I am truly over it and the moment and just feel like crying. It was meant to be take 24 to 48 hours and he would be okay. It is 10 days later and there are still issues. 😂
    Sh!t @Malak I really don't know what to say!!! I mean as if your not going through enough!!! I'm sorry and I hope things are once and for all on the mend for yous x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok @bbhope @Malak and @JenniwithanI

Out of everyone on the east coast which one would you go to for mTESE ? I'm doing a ring around today to see what the process is DP has told me to go ahead with it...I feel happy about that 😊 I know BBhope is with DrG but what's his full name @bbhope?
    Xxx sending lots of hope to you all 😘

Ps @bbhope @JenniwithanI how are you doing?